PDA

View Full Version : Played backwards

Ardhanarishvara
05-01-2006, 04:25 AM
i reversed the entire track and played it. Most of it was just wind noise, but at around 1:36, it sounds like "Caesar...*sigh*" which is quite interesting considering that Caesar was apparently stabbed 23 times (wikipedia, unconfirmed)

shaky evidence i know.

yes, i am lame and bored and looking for trouble

ktrip
05-01-2006, 09:28 AM
we learnt that in latin class years ago... the stabbed 23 times part.... could be an interesting reference... i just dont see to what.

keep digging

phant
05-02-2006, 06:20 AM
2+3 =5
the law of fives, man.

bitter_enigma
05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
2+3 =5
the law of fives, man.

That's actually a very relevant comment.
It's possible you only heard 'Caesar' to make the connection with the fact he was stabbed 23 times...

IC
05-02-2006, 08:51 AM
2+3 =5
the law of fives, man.
eh?

toocooltool
05-02-2006, 08:58 AM
If you play enough stuff backwards.. it will sound phrase will sound like something.. to be honest i don't think are hiding any msgs in their music... The whole obey your parents thing or wahtever is just a joke.. the backwards part fits the song.. so they had to say something..

A-Thousand-Lies
05-03-2006, 02:41 AM
I can definitely hear that. Good find.

And does anyone notice that when reversed, Virginti Tres has the electrical sparks (in the beginning) which sound like Ions (-)? Because I'm pretty sure I couldn't hear those when played normally.

Ardhanarishvara
05-05-2006, 02:03 AM
2+3 =5
the law of fives, man.

i hate that discordianism crap

allusion7.0
05-07-2006, 07:00 AM

And does anyone notice that when reversed, Virginti Tres has the electrical sparks (in the beginning) which sound like Ions (-)? Because I'm pretty sure I couldn't hear those when played normally.
I noticed that as well.

Mosis
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I noticed that as well.

I can hear them just fine at the end when it's played forwards.

P1_PP1_N
05-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Too me it sounds like "Exist Now" when reversed and sped up a little bit.
I definitely hear an "N." Like CAES-n-AR.

JOK3R
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
definitely the law of 5s

a perfect spiral
05-11-2006, 01:37 PM
when played not only backwards, but sideways or slantways while standing on your head in the mirror at midnight on the 4th of july after chanting "hooker with a penis" between sips of absynthe... you'll clearly be able to hear the ACTUAL lyrics... which are "ronald mcdonald pryed open my third eye"

the mystery is solved.

nanook
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
when played not only backwards, but sideways or slantways while standing on your head in the mirror at midnight on the 4th of july after chanting "hooker with a penis" between sips of absynthe... you'll clearly be able to hear the ACTUAL lyrics... which are "ronald mcdonald pryed open my third eye"

the mystery is solved.

nice work

civdis24
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
we learnt that in latin class years ago... the stabbed 23 times part.... could be an interesting reference... i just dont see to what.

23 could refer to the 23 pairs of chromosomes humans have. Tool has had similar themes in the past.. like 46 and 2 (46 chromosomes, 2 extra as possibly representing an evolutionary advancement)

ALthough in terms of chromosome number, more does not equal better and the above theory is false.. but in 46 and 2, Tool seems to use this idea of a temporary belief system to reflect their overall theme of openmindedness.

Perhaps this backwards caesar inference could be such an obscure reminder of their overall theme of openmindedness, self-exploration, etc etc

...just my 2 cents

Ardhanarishvara
05-12-2006, 05:21 AM
23 could refer to the 23 pairs of chromosomes humans have. Tool has had similar themes in the past.. like 46 and 2 (46 chromosomes, 2 extra as possibly representing an evolutionary advancement)

ALthough in terms of chromosome number, more does not equal better and the above theory is false.. but in 46 and 2, Tool seems to use this idea of a temporary belief system to reflect their overall theme of openmindedness.

Perhaps this backwards caesar inference could be such an obscure reminder of their overall theme of openmindedness, self-exploration, etc etc

...just my 2 cents

going by your theory, perhaps virginiti tres has a second half?

quasiperiodica
05-12-2006, 08:29 AM
i reversed the entire track and played it. Most of it was just wind noise, but at around 1:36, it sounds like "Caesar...*sigh*" which is quite interesting considering that Caesar was apparently stabbed 23 times (wikipedia, unconfirmed)

shaky evidence i know.

yes, i am lame and bored and looking for trouble
23 chromosomes. Ohh, I guess someone just mentioned that.

desertone
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
See the separate thread on "Francisco". Edit the music to speed up the tempo and also change the pitch and it is clearly "Francisco". The thread has info (links) regarding Francisco de Goya and his artwork depicting mans inhumanity to man - fully tying into the previous song Right in Two.

-Peace

win
05-12-2006, 11:05 AM

...just my 2 cents

this also seems like an especially appropriate interp bc the song before is right in town. Right in to is saying that we never live to our potential as a species- we always make war. 23 could then be a punctuation to it like afterwards saying 'you are only half the men you could be'

Convoy_X
05-12-2006, 12:06 PM

the mystery is solved.
A perfect spiral just touched my penis.

acuringdream
05-12-2006, 04:06 PM
with audacity, highlight the whole thing and go to effects>change speed. in the box type in 75 or so. at the francisco part, when it sound like "this is good". when reversed, you hear something like "is not". when you keep altering the speed and reversing it, you eventually notice a lot of odd parts which can't be made out clearly. tweak the speed of it. it affects it much more than the "direction" it's played.

i forgot to also mention, that once you speed it up enough, the chunk of odd noises (not the beginning, when it seems continual; before the francisco part) starts to sound like francisco in its own.

PriceisRight
05-14-2006, 12:04 PM

the mystery is solved.

ha...funny

timsim83
05-15-2006, 01:56 AM
una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestatem

something_Dark
05-15-2006, 02:10 AM

good find....this may be of some interest if you have not seen it yet...

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=36188