PDA

View Full Version : The pot calling the kettle black

smeefsmeef
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
You are the pot calling the kettle black when you point to another person and accuse that person of doing something that you are guilty of doing yourself. Example: "You are accusing me of being lazy? Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"The pot" (for cooking) and "the kettle" (for boiling water) sit on the stove over the fire and become black from the flames. Example: "I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing!" Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You're wearing my pants right now!"

The pot and the kettle are like old friends who have turned black with time; the pot only sees the blackness which is on the kettle; he doesn't see the black on himself. Example: "Here comes the guy who is always late for work." Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"

AlltheteainChina
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
You explained that really patiently for us. <3

randomhero8823
05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
lol, what if the kettle asks for equal rights?

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
lol, what if the kettle asks for equal rights?

Remember, they're both black. So much for that idea.

/tongue in cheek

Talking Monkey
05-02-2006, 10:13 PM
maby with that it can sort of relate to the pollitcal theme suggested in other threads. ever seen michael moores "Fahrenheit 911"? he starts to make similar observations that GWB isnt a whole lot different to sadam in some some respects. has GWB been calling the kettle black? is that possibly what tool are getting at? surely they wouldnt make statements like that, but then again, alot of music released in the past few years have had very pollitical motivation. pearl jam for one. did APC?

Divine_left
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
You are the pot calling the kettle black when you point to another person and accuse that person of doing something that you are guilty of doing yourself. Example: "You are accusing me of being lazy? Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"The pot" (for cooking) and "the kettle" (for boiling water) sit on the stove over the fire and become black from the flames. Example: "I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing!" Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You're wearing my pants right now!"

The pot and the kettle are like old friends who have turned black with time; the pot only sees the blackness which is on the kettle; he doesn't see the black on himself. Example: "Here comes the guy who is always late for work." Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"

Yeah, I think we all know what the figure of speech means.

How does this relate to the song, at all?

K In Yo Mouf
05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Same Question I Waz Wondering...

But The Song Name Iz "The Pot", An he Talkz About "The Black Kettle" In the Song...

But I Dunno How Thiz Tiez In 2 the Meaning of The Song...

A-Thousand-Lies
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Adam confirmed in a magazine that that's what the opening line as referring to.