PDA

View Full Version : Too much talk about lyrics and Maynard's voice..

giff82
04-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Not ENOUGH about the oh so very sweet bass line in this song... it's so good it makes me want to stuff my face with fruit loops!

DRoehl
04-30-2006, 11:00 PM
very sweet! seems like old tool. very grungy, dirty sexy

me=erection (small but its an erection)

smeefsmeef
04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
It makes me want to stuff my face with Total with Strawberries and chase it down with soy milk.

DRoehl
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
then masturbate

too far?? yeah maybe

smeefsmeef
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Justin Chancellor = better bass player than Les Claypool, IMO

DRoehl
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
sorry man but there is NO FUCKING WAY!!!!
les claypool is to Bass as Danny is to drums

justin is good, great, awsome, etc but no claypool

smeefsmeef
04-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I was j/j about claypool, sorry. :)

Elgyn
05-01-2006, 03:38 AM
The intro is the only thing that I don't love about this song. I cringe almost every time. The music at 4:14 is totally sweet, probably my favourite moment of the track.

toocooltool
05-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Not ENOUGH about the oh so very sweet bass line in this song... it's so good it makes me want to stuff my face with fruit loops!

gabis
05-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Les in an amazing bassist, no doubt, but even though i know that its 'his style'.. hes still too sloppy imo. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying he isnt ONE of the best, but his sloppiness keeps him from being THE best. I would have to go with Jaco or Flea, personally. Both have an incredible range of style and sounds, can play the craziest, fastest, most intense riffs ever or can lay down a slow, thoughtful, truely incredible line that will leave you close to tears.

Now, back to the topic. I whole-heartedly agree.

tool/rush/mars
05-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Geddy lee owns all other bass players, but if any of them think they can play bass/footpedals and sing as well as geddy at the same time....then im open to being proven wrong.

Alex in Chains
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Geddy lee owns all other bass players, but if any of them think they can play bass/footpedals and sing as well as geddy at the same time....then im open to being proven wrong.

Geddy Lee is a phenomenal bass player, but his vocals are terrible. I could maybe almost get into Rush if not for his shrill fucking voice.

bloodydecember
05-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I think everybody focuses on Maynard a little too much. He is an amazing person and quite possibly the most talented and influential frontman ever but we must not forget the other band members. Danny rates right up there with Matt McDonough from mudvayne and Neil Peart from Rush. Adam is probably the most origional and creative guitar players out there. Guitar magazines across the world are still trying to classify his style as SOMETHING but all they can come up with is "alternative." And Justin... oh god yes. Flea and Ryan Martine have some serious competition. That boy can hold his own.

I agree with this post entirely. Even though I somewhat idolize Maynard for his insightfulness, Tool is a BAND.

Darkness13
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Justin Chancellor = better bass player than Les Claypool, IMO

If you truly believe this... I would have to call you a complete imbecile...

Can anyone maybe tab the intro riff? I don't really have a good ear for things like that, but it would be much appreciated by bassists everywhere...

Or a site that has the song.. That'd work, too...

Darkness13
05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
And by the way... When I heard this song, I actually squeeled with joy because of the bass line... Anyone who knows anything about me will know that I don't squeel... I can't even hit a high note unless I grab my balls really tight...