PDA

View Full Version : Not dangerous right??

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm planning on getting the cd tomorrow at midnight and was really curious about the artwork and the goggles. Is there any danger or side effects from looking to long?? Cause I know there is a warning I just am not sure what for.

Rubb.
04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
You'll probably experience slight headaches and some eye achyness at first, but once your used to it it's fine. Took me about two days to get good at it.

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 08:18 PM
You'll probably experience slight headaches and some eye achyness at first, but once your used to it it's fine. Took me about two days to get good at it.
That's all though?? No stumbling around or dizzyness or anything??

Rubb.
04-30-2006, 08:19 PM
lol, not that I've heard of. You might find yourself trying to focus on normal objects like they are stereoscopic images for a little while, but that wears of pretty quickly. At it's kinds funny too.

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
lol, not that I've heard of. You might find yourself trying to focus on normal objects like they are stereoscopic images for a little while, but that wears of pretty quickly. At it's kinds funny too.
Okay cause sometimes is very easy for me to get dizzy. LOL. Oh great so if I go up to someone in public I'm gonna be looking at them weird huh?? LOL

PsYkeR
04-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I haven't had any wierd side effects just yet. Except for an extreme craving for more stereoscopic images! My favourites are the flaming serpent, and Danny's image. That wicked magic trail blows my mind. Incidently, i recognise one of the images on the wall from Danny's website!

bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Actually just thinking about it makes my eyes go into stereoscope mode....
Guess I better take a break from them for a bit!

newalbumblows
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm planning on getting the cd tomorrow at midnight and was really curious about the artwork and the goggles. Is there any danger or side effects from looking to long?? Cause I know there is a warning I just am not sure what for.

stop being a daft twat...let mommy and pops check it out first you fuckin pussy

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Listen you little bitch I'm not a stupid asshole like yourself I need to have my wits about me at all time. And some of us have to work later that day and cant reallly have any side effects. Also newbie why post here? Its clear that you have nothing of interest to say already which is weird cause usually its hard to tell after only 3 posts but I know for sure this forum does not need you.

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually just thinking about it makes my eyes go into stereoscope mode....
Guess I better take a break from them for a bit!
Are you high off thoses images?? LOL

One Dark Flame
04-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I haven't had any wierd side effects just yet. Except for an extreme craving for more stereoscopic images! My favourites are the flaming serpent, and Danny's image. That wicked magic trail blows my mind. Incidently, i recognise one of the images on the wall from Danny's website!
Sounds cool. Like I said to that dick before I have to work later Tuesday and don't want to feel weird while doing so.

Rezbit
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM

Can anyone confirm this guy is crap?

And yeah, it will freak your eyes out abit, but you just can't stop looking!!

Rubb.
05-01-2006, 12:37 AM
*confirms*

jesse.O_o
05-01-2006, 01:27 AM
one of the pics on the wall of danny's picture is a tree of sephiroth, also appears on the back of the plastic cover of salival.
cheers
jesse

martyrinexile86
05-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Get a brain dude.

One Dark Flame
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Can anyone confirm this guy is crap?

And yeah, it will freak your eyes out abit, but you just can't stop looking!!
He's a real jerk huh? Alright like I said I was just curious and I'm grateful for everyone who replied with real info. But yes that other guy is a real waste of space.

One Dark Flame
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
*confirms*
LOL!! Hey man why are you on probation??

One Dark Flame
05-01-2006, 09:38 AM
one of the pics on the wall of danny's picture is a tree of sephiroth, also appears on the back of the plastic cover of salival.
cheers
jesse
Damn that's pretty awesome!!

One Dark Flame
05-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Get a brain dude.
Maybe it's best he doesn't have a brain. He wouldn't use it anyway. :()

newalbumblows
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Maybe it's best he doesn't have a brain. He wouldn't use it anyway. :()

probably not

bobbopperano
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
im dying to shroom out to these pictures.

aenigmatic96
05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Listen you little bitch I'm not a stupid asshole like yourself I need to have my wits about me at all time. And some of us have to work later that day and cant reallly have any side effects. Also newbie why post here? Its clear that you have nothing of interest to say already which is weird cause usually its hard to tell after only 3 posts but I know for sure this forum does not need you.
no offense, but that was a pretty ridiculous question.. and you've had already 10 pointless posts in this thread...

newalbumblows
05-01-2006, 08:33 PM
no offense, but that was a pretty ridiculous question.. and you've had already 10 pointless posts in this thread...

that dudes never taken a risk in his pathetic life....i bet he's an accountant

JOK3R
05-08-2006, 12:59 AM
haha

One Dark Flame
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I really couldn't care less about your thoughts on this topic. The only thing that amuses me is if its such a "ridiculous" question then why are you still reading the thread??

One Dark Flame
05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
that dudes never taken a risk in his pathetic life....i bet he's an accountant
Its not a good idea to take alot of risks. For example your Mother took a risk by having you. She was probably hoping to have a kid who wouldn't be such a dissappointment and then she got you. See the risk didn't pay off. :()

One Dark Flame
05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
haha
You like all of must be amused by that guys lack of brain activity.

third_eye77
05-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Only warning label I saw is to use them only for the intended purpose. Trying to read a book through them might detach your retina or something I guess. :)

One Dark Flame
05-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Only warning label I saw is to use them only for the intended purpose. Trying to read a book through them might detach your retina or something I guess. :)
Thank you kind sir. :()

11Reflections11
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
What are you afraid of? Just buy the album and look. They can't make sometihng that hurts you. Its just some plastic disks.

One Dark Flame
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
What are you afraid of? Just buy the album and look. They can't make sometihng that hurts you. Its just some plastic disks.
I actually already have the album and have looked but really have not seen much yet. Thanks for being direct yet nice about it though. :()

JOK3R
05-09-2006, 01:14 AM

you dont make sense

One Dark Flame
05-14-2006, 03:22 PM
you dont make sense
Are you sure you just don't understand??

JOK3R
05-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Are you sure you just don't understand??

i am very sure you don't make sense. read your post.

this is not proper english. it does not make sense. did you mean to say "you all must be amused by that guys lack of brain activity"? ...because the like and of don't make any sense...and who writes the word like into their sentences, i mean it sounds stupid enough when people say it all the time let alone when they actually write it....like moron of like...

therandom
05-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Aenema guy, I wouldn't advise driving after using them for like 20 minutes. After I use them I can't read a book for about an hour... so, don't kill people with your car.

One Dark Flame
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
i am very sure you don't make sense. read your post.

this is not proper english. it does not make sense. did you mean to say "you all must be amused by that guys lack of brain activity"? ...because the like and of don't make any sense...and who writes the word like into their sentences, i mean it sounds stupid enough when people say it all the time let alone when they actually write it....like moron of like...
But it wasn't directed at everyone so why would I say "you all must be amused by that guys lack of brain activity"? When it was only directed at one person??

One Dark Flame
05-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Aenema guy, I wouldn't advise driving after using them for like 20 minutes. After I use them I can't read a book for about an hour... so, don't kill people with your car.
Thanks kind sir. That was the stuff I was wondering about.

khemystri
05-14-2006, 11:51 PM

glad someone said it...

Dude, theyre only unsafe if you stare through them at the sun. :)

JOK3R
05-15-2006, 12:35 AM
glad someone said it...

good thing you said that because Tool Aenema11 is a moron and will do something like that. you might have saved someones life. you should feel good about yourself even though it wasn't a life worth saving

But it wasn't directed at everyone so why would I say "you all must be amused by that guys lack of brain activity"? When it was only directed at one person??

because you have proved you are a fucking moron. and even if it was only directed to one person the sentence still does not make sense. i think you are the one who doesn't understand...moron

Bukkhead
05-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Not only are stereograms safe, they're natural. Your dizziness is not caused by eyeball misfunction, but by inner ear disfunction-- so maybe don't listen to the album very loudly! An interesting thing about stereograms, how they work, they eyes, individually focus an image in parallel instead of parallax. Pilots gazing into the nothingness of the horizon whne flying have been shown to naturally drift their eyes in this manner. Indeed, you can actually force this effect when looking at any repetative pattern. 100% safe.

That aside, I read through this whole thread because the flaming is hilarious.

-JE

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 12:20 PM
glad someone said it...

I was merely trying to prevent anything from happening. I know after I'm done looking at them I have a little bit of trouble focusing on books or other things like that. It was merely for everyone's safety not to be a weiner.

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
good thing you said that because Tool Aenema11 is a moron and will do something like that. you might have saved someones life. you should feel good about yourself even though it wasn't a life worth saving

because you have proved you are a fucking moron. and even if it was only directed to one person the sentence still does not make sense. i think you are the one who doesn't understand...moron

Do you know me personally?? Then please don't comment on on my intelligence level. And also I think you should be ashamed of yourself for stating that my life is not worth saving. I don't really know you but you seem like an asshole but I know if for some reason we met and you were ina life or death situation and there was something I could do to help you survive I would even knowing that your a jerk. Because I just don't think internet babble shows the real person and because like myself you are a living breathing thing and I would just not want to see anything harmful happen to you period.

Also, please refrain from the childish name calling, try too be above that just for one second. Also my post made a lot more sense then yours did as you seem to have been directing a comment meant for one at several people.

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Not only are stereograms safe, they're natural. Your dizziness is not caused by eyeball misfunction, but by inner ear disfunction-- so maybe don't listen to the album very loudly! An interesting thing about stereograms, how they work, they eyes, individually focus an image in parallel instead of parallax. Pilots gazing into the nothingness of the horizon whne flying have been shown to naturally drift their eyes in this manner. Indeed, you can actually force this effect when looking at any repetative pattern. 100% safe.

That aside, I read through this whole thread because the flaming is hillarious

-JE
It's not "hillarious" it's childish.

Bukkhead
05-15-2006, 12:37 PM
It's not "hillarious" it's childish.

My bad. I should have said that I, myself, found it all to be hilarious. Childish? I don't think most children care enough to maintain this sort of exchange for very long. Just my opinion. I am only the sum of my surroundings.

Which is not a remark about YOU, TA11, just this thread-- indeed, trolled threads in general.

But, back to the topic-- it's not dangerous. All lives are worth saving, no matter what Jason Priestly says.

--JE

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 12:45 PM
My bad. I should have said that I, myself, found it all to be hilarious. Childish? I don't think most children care enough to maintain this sort of exchange for very long. Just my opinion. I am only the sum of my surroundings.

Which is not a remark about YOU, TA11, just this thread-- indeed, trolled threads in general.

But, back to the topic-- it's not dangerous. All lives are worth saving, no matter what Jason Priestly says.

--JE
I commend the way you have taken the time and acted truly genuine through this matter. Again I didn't intend on staring a war of words and apologize for my part. But Thanks for showing some class.

happydipshit
05-15-2006, 01:47 PM
That's all though?? No stumbling around or dizzyness or anything??

my god what the fuck is wrong with you?! what do you expect?! stumbling?! dizzyness?! exploding eyeballs ?!

everyone who has ever crossed his eyes will definately have no problems with it, rather experience something new

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
my god what the fuck is wrong with you?! what do you expect?! stumbling?! dizzyness?! exploding eyeballs ?!

everyone who has ever crossed his eyes will definately have no problems with it, rather experience something new
Well if you put glasses on that aren't yours you get a little dizzy so I wasn't sure if the same thing happened here.

optimistic-pessimist
05-15-2006, 03:21 PM
No you'd better watch out. My eyes are permanently crossed from looking at the artwork. I can't uncross them. I had to get my friend to type this because I really can't see anything anymore. Beware.

Bukkhead
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
No you'd better watch out. My eyes are permanently crossed from looking at the artwork. I can't uncross them. I had to get my friend to type this because I really can't see anything anymore. Beware.

Hey, I know you, weren't you the russian prince of the gorge? Tsar something? Chasm I think? Yeah, that's it. Loved you in "Airplane."

--JE

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 04:57 PM

Damn, there goes my Thursday afternoon...

Anyway, how far away are your eyes supposed to be from the lenses. Are you supposed be using them like glasses or are you supposed to look from like 6 inches away?

RiaN_the_Great
05-15-2006, 05:01 PM
I think it depends on your own eyesight. I barely touch my nose to the end of the book so my eyes are pretty close. But that may be force of habit, because I also barely touch my nose to the end of the charging handle on M16s/M4s when firing so I get the same sight picture every time.

So yeah, its probably eyesight.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 05:02 PM
So, I'm not really sure what the images are supposed to look like through the lenses. Are they supposed to kind of overlap?

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Actually, nevermind, I just figured out how to do it, and wow.

AMF
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Actually, nevermind, I just figured out how to do it, and wow.

Savage\m/

optimistic-pessimist
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
I think it works best if you hold the glasses close to your face... as close as you can get it to your eyes.

Also, I think some people try too hard to make something happen, or maybe just aren't holding the case so that everything is lined up correctly. The glasses have to be parallel to the images, and you have to be looking straight down the middle. You shouldn't have to try to get your eyes to focus or anything... the glasses do the work for you. The result is that the images have a layered effect to them.... a depth. Certain parts appear to be in front of, or behind, other parts of the image. It's like a more sophisticated version of those red and blue 3D glasses.

optimistic-pessimist
05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey, I know you, weren't you the russian prince of the gorge? Tsar something? Chasm I think? Yeah, that's it. Loved you in "Airplane."

--JE

Glad someone around here has a sense of humor and enough intelligence to catch on.

paraflux
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM

I think you are the one on probation

z-man
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
If you get dizzy after viewing the CD and need to drive, try drinking a few beers.

One Dark Flame
05-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I think you are the one on probation
Thanks very much for stepping in here. You do a really great job watching these forums.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Savage\m/

Is that some sort of internet pound?

AMF
05-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Is that some sort of internet pound?

\m/ means metal:-D It's like a hand, the '\' is your index finger, the m is the middle and ring finger, and the '/' is the pinky:D

RiaN_the_Great
05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
\m/(>_<)\m/

That makes it a little easier to distinguish. AMF, you are metal.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
That makes sense. I know AMF in person, and he is metal, I greatly concur.

RiaN_the_Great
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Lucky. I don't think I know any of these schmucks in person. Besides, I was more widely liked when I was RiaN!.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 09:10 PM
You're a schmuck.

RiaN_the_Great
05-16-2006, 06:42 AM
That's what I get for not being RiaN!