View Full Version : The Mystery That Is Merkaba

03-27-2003, 07:11 PM
This is my second favorite Tool song behind Pushit (Live). I don't try to understand what he is saying, I just attach myself to the music. His voice like he is singing in a cathedral just intensifies everything. I don't know what it is about Merkaba that makes me feel so alive. Hence, the mystery about it. I will never be able to be on the level that Tool is on. I can never make music that snaps your neck and then apologizes. Merkaba is just a beautiful song. The beginning is my favorite. Just the bass and the guitar alone together......it is beautiful. Trying to describe Tool's music is like trying to breathe underwater....you drown yourself.

04-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Far be it for me to tell y ou why you feel the way you do, but maybe it has something to do with the subject matter they wrote about. Not just the vocals, the music as well, as all of their songs are written. The merkaba is your personal travelling device. If you can get it working, you will feel even more alive. So will I.

11-05-2004, 05:20 PM
a simple detail about tool's music i just realized today: the bass is often major, while the guitar is a dissonant minor, yet they go together well. why? we don't know, and, that's why we like it, we can't answer the question of why. Justin is just awesome. that didn't make much since when i wrote it.

12-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Merkaba is an amazing song. I "discovered" it while meditating... for my first time. It was amazing. Ever since then, the feeling of that day comes back whenever I listen to Merkaba.