PDA

View Full Version : Can't see eye to eye

bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 04:25 AM
Is anyone else having difficulty viewing the pair of eyes?

I got it the first few times when I was getting used to the viewing technique, but now it's impossible. The pictures begin to merge but then my eyes lock focus half-way, and I end seeing three eyes, probably because the images are symmetrical.

Rubb.
04-30-2006, 04:30 AM
yeah the eyes are a bitch.

loadedmemory
04-30-2006, 04:46 AM
had trouble at first too, but its not that hard..

if you ca

edit: impossible to delete an accidental entry?

loadedmemory
04-30-2006, 04:48 AM

the trick is to look through the image, behind the actual picture..

if you cant do it, try holding the glasses really far away and looking at the image, and slowly bring them closer to your eyes.. this got me to see it in the beginning..

good luck :)

Rubb.
04-30-2006, 05:07 AM

if you ca

edit: impossible to delete an accidental entry?

well you can just edit it...

bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 05:25 AM

the trick is to look through the image, behind the actual picture..

if you cant do it, try holding the glasses really far away and looking at the image, and slowly bring them closer to your eyes.. this got me to see it in the beginning..

good luck :)

Yeah tried all that. It locks halfway as the closest eye on the left joins the closest eye on the right. If i concentrate, it begins to move the eyes a bit further to where they should be, but I can't get them to move far enough.

It's like a jedi mind-battle!

holotrope
04-30-2006, 06:59 AM
LOL! That was driving me insane yesterday... I can get it sometimes, but it takes the most mental effort out of all the pictures, I found. You really have to will it into place and hold that focal distance. The fact that it makes a coherent picture of three eyes is the problem- your brain stops trying to "make sense" of the image (like the other ones where it feel like you're seeing double till you lock in) because there's already an image which makes sense.

Best advice I can give is to fix your gaze on a point in the distance, and then slowly bring the goggles to your face without letting that focal distance change too much

BDT
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Hmm what are the goggles like?

exaviour02
04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
How are people getting three eyes????

seriously... i can't get three eyes... no matter how much i try.....

bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 07:06 PM

haha good!
Don't try and get three eyes, you won't be able to get anything else afterwards!

PsYkeR
04-30-2006, 09:11 PM

Actually, for a good while, i could ONLY see three eyes- the middle one is a combination of each of the other two, with two 'tails', and its own thin red line border (those who have seen the page will know what i mean). i thought their third eye reference was unbelievable, and promptly suggested my girlfriend to 'check it out'.

Of course, much to my dismay, she told me that there were only two eyes.

The easiest way to find the 'third eye' is to relax your eyes and bring the lenses progressively closer to your eyes. Once the two images become one, cross your eyes and focus on the center of the page. It's wicked when you get the 'third eye', you find that you can't lose it, even after you blink or close your eyes or look away!
A similar mind trick happens with the first image in the booklet (the resurrection of one of Alex Gray's paintings). If you follow the above steps, the green centerpiece disappears and all you can see are two faces with two sets of eyes facing eachother, with (ANOTHER) third eye in the middle. Trippy!

implandnoises
04-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Huh, I can get myself to see the "third eye" but it doesn't stop me from easily being able to go straight back to the proper image. Mind you, I did spend hours a few weeks ago teaching my girlfriend how to see Magic Eye images so maybe my eyes are trained and ready.

10000 days in the fire
05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
i think the third eye is much more intersting than just two,
the third eye is looks like a main eye with two tails and even has it's own boarder.
realy trippy which i dont think was an acident

Hilton_K
05-01-2006, 01:28 AM
What picture is the 3rd eye supposed to be seen in??

10000 days in the fire
05-01-2006, 02:39 AM
What picture is the 3rd eye supposed to be seen in??
The image with two eyes you cant miss it

exaviour02
05-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Actually, for a good while, i could ONLY see three eyes- the middle one is a combination of each of the other two, with two 'tails', and its own thin red line border (those who have seen the page will know what i mean). i thought their third eye reference was unbelievable, and promptly suggested my girlfriend to 'check it out'.

Of course, much to my dismay, she told me that there were only two eyes.

The easiest way to find the 'third eye' is to relax your eyes and bring the lenses progressively closer to your eyes. Once the two images become one, cross your eyes and focus on the center of the page. It's wicked when you get the 'third eye', you find that you can't lose it, even after you blink or close your eyes or look away!
A similar mind trick happens with the first image in the booklet (the resurrection of one of Alex Gray's paintings). If you follow the above steps, the green centerpiece disappears and all you can see are two faces with two sets of eyes facing eachother, with (ANOTHER) third eye in the middle. Trippy!

ok... tried it... and all it's done is make my eyes water something chronic.... so i think i should stop trying.....

toocooltool
05-01-2006, 05:07 AM
I found them all pretty easy to view.. if your really struggling.. just put it far away and bring it closer.. and relax.. dont look to hard for it...

PsYkeR
05-01-2006, 05:45 AM
I found them all pretty easy to view.. if your really struggling.. just put it far away and bring it closer.. and relax.. dont look to hard for it...

The blurry eagle still throws me off = )

sweet !nsan!ty
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
yeap, it's quite difficult sometimes to see it.

F!end
05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
It was easy for me... I think it's very relative.

melvintillius
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I was definitely seeing three individual eyes first, then I saw the two. You just have to relax your eyes, and let the image come to you.

schmeng
05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
it took me a little while to get it the frist time, but once you've got it you can't go wrong

blafuckbla
05-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Just focus on the center. Then it's all a blur untill your eyes start to adjust and focus to sharp. Fuckin mindtrip.

AshleyDyan
05-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I had the same problem- I got the two eyes perfectly the first few times I tried it, but after a little bit I couldn't focus and kept getting three eyes. I tried to do as suggested, in relaxing my eyes, focusing through the picture, and moving the lenses, but it didn't work. Finally, what did work was focusing on the red pattern above the eyes until it merged together and the eyes followed suit.

eonphi
05-02-2006, 01:00 PM
i can;t fucking do it....it's pissing me off

Bogart
05-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Some pics I can see very well, but there are others that I have problems with.

Wretched
05-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I have no trouble seeing the images.

eonphi
05-02-2006, 01:21 PM
fuck yeah...i can see every one of them now...it;s fucking awsome...i love adam for this idea

awndie_poo
05-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Finally got it! Took me awhile, but after almost letting my eyes not focus, it would all come together and I could see it all. WICKED :)

Azathoth23
05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
its pretty much the same as looking at a magic eye picture. Try crossing your eyes while relaxing them and kind of pull away from the lenses.

hbynoe
05-03-2006, 10:24 PM
i had to start close up then move them away from my eyes
until i got adjusted
i suggest an imagine like the flaming circle to start :)

apathetic goat
05-04-2006, 12:05 AM
I had no trouble whatsoever using the lenses. I rule.

Gajarigon
05-05-2006, 11:16 AM
You must concentrate on the red fractal structure at the top.

bitter_enigma
05-24-2006, 01:14 AM
I actually got it the other day... then lost it again of course. I was really tired and was just flipping through the images and I unexpectedly flipped to the page with the eyes and voila'... they appeared as two instead of three! So I managed to trick my eyes to do it properly, somehow.

The next day, it was back to three eyes again...
>:(

Big Fat Matt
05-24-2006, 05:54 AM
i have the same problem. i just get one of teh other images in focus, than flip really quicky to teh eyes, and OH SNAP!! it works! yay for me.

I guess.

bitter_enigma
05-24-2006, 07:16 AM
*Edited
No problems for me. They stare right at me. That must be really unfortunate for you, bitter_enigma. I sympathise with you entirely and you are not at all a freak.

Aww, thanks McRoggles.
:P