PDA

View Full Version : "wanna wish it all away"

smeefsmeef
04-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Although I love this song and album, the line: "wanna wish it all away" kinda reminds me of parts of the APC song, "The Outsider," like "suicidal imbecile" and, "... to get through to you, precious ..." The way he sings those parts just... well... take me a while to get used to...

zee deveel 17
04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
this line is kind of redundant in the song... he says it four times in the chorus. it does kind of remind me of "suicidal imbecile" from the outside too.

soulslot
04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
a comical coincidence about that line, perhaps it isnt a coincidence but it is funny to me anyhow:

the name of the song Jambi, is the name of the genie from Pee Wee's Playhouse.

and then you have this whole "wishing away" business which kinda reiterates the theme. Whether this was intentional or not, i find it quite comical, albeit hella random.

Q'ayin
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Reminds me far more of:
"Flush it all away" - Aenema.
"Walk away" - The Patient

Thought I'd offer comparisons which,
I would expect, you might prefer to
associate with this song.

tDoXoMl
05-02-2006, 11:26 PM
awww guys, their all GREAT comparisons. Im proud of you guys! Jeez is this seriously the first album in the history of music that people have noticed these kinds of comparisons? Do people even care about comparisons like this in other bands? Give tool credit, but you expect too much out of this band, half of them (AJ and MJK) havent even been practicing their instrument for most of their lives (I dont know this for fact but it seems kind of apparent (atleast to me) and i do know that adam played a few other strings before guitar, so dont flame me!).

They are highly creative, but not experienced enough to kick any habits that they have of playing music. I dont epect them to expand their technical realm AND be 100% original at the same time. Heck, this can probably even apply to all of Tool, and every musician in general. At least, those musicians who attemp to write this kind of Progressive music. Someone Sticky my post, lol

Then again, they are beautifully recycled pieces. So give Tool a li'l more credit. Put them on a pedestal like we all know we do! I'd kill all of you little fuckers for talent like that! (wishful thinking)

Who here is a good looking chick and wants to meet up?

Who wants to start a T.D.N. dating service?

Who here isnt scared of dating? Ok, who here is scared of dating but still wants to hook up with a good looking guy with low self esteem?

Come on, id settle for any girl!

Just thought id try...

Just thought id give Tool fans a bad name (still doesnt mean im insincere).

Im weird like this.

Is it obvious that i starve for attention?

Ill grow up for the good of the fans of Tool if i get laid, who wants to help out?

Mr. Fetus
05-03-2006, 01:58 PM
i would just like to state that tDoXoMI is about a $%#@ing retard...

Alcawhorlick
05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
HEY, GET THE FUCK OFF THIS BOARD YA RETARD. TDN DATING SERVICE? WTF

Also, yes, I would also like a good looking female that enjoys tool.
preferably one that doesn't like 10,000 Days all that much. My favorite song is H. Favorite album is aenima. I have no money, a crappy job, and no car. But I do have all the tool albums you could ever want.

oh and no fatties please.
unless you are working to remedy that.

smeefsmeef
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
. I have no money, a crappy job, and no car. But I do have all the tool albums you could ever want.

oh and no fatties please.
unless you are working to remedy that.

You may as well wish for a "fatty" with that kind of profile :)

aeonflux
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
i am so much cooler and less-desperate than tdoxomi.

you TDN ladies need to be with me. i can eat a peach for hours.

Alcawhorlick
05-03-2006, 05:08 PM
You may as well wish for a "fatty" with that kind of profile :)

sad but true.
doh.

iscar
05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Lets all play a game called "lets try find every possible similarity between the new tool cd and every other song/band in existence"

Of course there is going to be similarities, especially if the same guy is writting the lyrics in both bands.

Im really likeing this CD without feeling the need to compare and critisise the shit out of it.

Cryptic
05-05-2006, 04:13 AM
You can sit and compare all day long but who cares when we have "new" music to listen to for another 5 years........

transcend187
05-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Okay, to put it in the simplest terms possible.

People: "This album sucks/isn't as good/has big problems cuz....Maynard sounds...like....Maynard...."

Other people: "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT? VOCAL CHORD SURGERY?"

Please, just listen to the goddamn music for what it IS, not what else it sounds like.

In case you didn't notice, Maynard is APC's Vocalist. It's the same guy. Not an evil twin. Same body. Same vocal chords.

Sure, there are some differences in lyrical style, but that's mostly because of the different backing band. Not to mention if you were hearing some older Tool for the first time, you'd probably be saying the same thing for a few lines. I'm thinking parts of Prison Sex, Stinkfist, Sober, Aenema.... And NONE of it is exactly the same.

Some of you people even praise Salival Pushit as the best live Tool song - which I think it is, in no small part because of the vocals, which seem much more "APC-styled" than other Tool - and then you turn around and spew this crap.

SynapticSatisfaction
05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Uhm, the phrase "wish it all away" reminds me of NIN.

it also reminds me of Danny Lohner.

3dglver
05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I agree with Q'ayin when he/she says that it reminds him/her of "Flush it all away..." from AEnema.

MarcDrums
05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
i hate the part right before the dim my eyes part...
its like "wish it away..... wna wish it all away"

it seems very rushed

smeeg
05-19-2006, 02:37 PM
"wanna wish it all away"

Twilight Zone film
Story three picks things up drastically and heads us in the right direction. Directed by Joe Dante who, at that time, was best known for "The Howling" with films such as "Gremlins" still in his future, this is the story of a little boy who hears people's thoughts and has a way of "wishing people away" if he gets angry enough at them. Kathleen Quinlan plays an unsuspecting traveler who goes to the boy's home and realizes almost immediately things are not normal. The star of this story is the art direction and sets as we are transformed into almost cartoon like worlds that are both funny and frightening

smeeg
05-19-2006, 02:38 PM
alive and breathing

ladycommish
05-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I loved how he did his gestures in Denver to that part, pumping his hand, like he's pushing something away. Did he do that at other venues?

swampyfool
05-21-2006, 09:41 AM
"wanna wish it all away"

Twilight Zone film
Story three picks things up drastically and heads us in the right direction. Directed by Joe Dante who, at that time, was best known for "The Howling" with films such as "Gremlins" still in his future, this is the story of a little boy who hears people's thoughts and has a way of "wishing people away" if he gets angry enough at them. Kathleen Quinlan plays an unsuspecting traveler who goes to the boy's home and realizes almost immediately things are not normal. The star of this story is the art direction and sets as we are transformed into almost cartoon like worlds that are both funny and frightening

That is one of the best "Twilight Zone's" ever! I do not reccomend watching this if you are within twenty feet of ANY psychedelic drugs (other than the ganj', of course).