PDA

View Full Version : Better song - Third Eye of Rosetta Stoned?

smeefsmeef
04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I would personally like the see both of them live.

Heroin
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM

seen third eye live 2 times. im ready to see the new set up for this tour.

there both great songs. i cant really pick wich one is "better".

Kochipahk
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I haven't had a chance for Rosetta Stoned to sink in that deep yet. The same thing happened to me when I first listened to Third Eye; it took ten or so listenings for it to truly sink in.

So I don't really have any ground to judge on.

tollll12
04-30-2006, 12:01 AM

What? And some of you are actually saying Rosetta Stoned? Third Eye is 10 times better. It's one of their best songs period. Rosetta Stoned is just a joke. There are some nice beats, but all in all it's just a joke.

Lost Keys
04-30-2006, 03:39 AM
Third Eye for the win

hbynoe
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
both are epic...i love third eye and i have seen in live....
hmmm but something about RS hits me deeper than third eye
when i say that i automatically go back to...like phosophorescent desert buttons...and i smile and feel guilty for liking RS more :)
ha ha

burning bridges
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Third Eye

praefector
04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
tough to decide

i like the climax of rosetta much better though

it will take time, because third eye still sounds amazing after a decade

MentalSanityOff
04-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Third Eye > (All Tool Songs minus Maynard's Dick)

anajberg
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
As much as I like Rosetta Stoned, I've gotta vote Third Eye - simply because the lyrics on Third Eye kick so much ass that that ass Shit the bed without maynard even saying it.

giff82
04-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Third Eye all the way... not even close IMO

broken drum
05-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Third Eye!! jesus h. man! that song is SO much better than rosetta stoned it's not even funny...

Volrath
05-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Rosetta Stoned... by a landslide

bitter_enigma
05-01-2006, 03:06 AM
Third eye.
No questioning (not even authority).

spiiiral
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM
What? And some of you are actually saying Rosetta Stoned? Third Eye is 10 times better. It's one of their best songs period. Rosetta Stoned is just a joke. There are some nice beats, but all in all it's just a joke.

agreed

spiiiral
05-01-2006, 08:06 AM
tough to decide

i like the climax of rosetta much better though

it will take time, because third eye still sounds amazing after a decade

jesus christ a decade

wheres the time going?

(::still votes for third eye::)

eryx
05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I can't fathom why this debate is even taking place? Comparing two distinct Tool songs is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both independent expressions and cannot be compared by content or the like. What each song means to each of us individually is what is truly important. Needless to say that I like them both quite a bit.

black_rose
05-01-2006, 04:09 PM
What is it people like about Third Eye? It surely can't be the incohesive structure?

incohesive structure? If it sounds that way you need to lay off the beer.

Oh and Third Eye is a lot better than rosetta stoned.

How can people like Vicarious better than the grudge as well this is starting to scare me?

smeefsmeef
05-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Opinions suck. That is my opinion.

black_rose
05-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't mind people liking rosetta stoned better than third eye, but saying third eye has a stupid ( whatever ) structure scared me.

Iluvatar
05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Third Eye. It is, and probably always will be, my favorite Tool song. When Third Eye finally hit home or me, it was indescribable (is that how you spell that...? )

I have never seen it live, and I saw Tool 4 times on the Lateralus tour, each time hoping against hope that they would play Third Eye.

I have long clung to the belief that seeing Third Eye live would write one of the final chapters in my concert experiences.

However, Rosetta Stoned is cool, does anyone else here that "Third Eye Riff" that starts about 3 minutes into it... it's almost the same, except that it loses a note with every repeat through the measure.

The short version of this is - Third Eye over RS, for me, Third Eye over anything, if anyone wants to share their experience seeing Third Eye live, please PM me. perhaps I can experience it Vicarously, because I doubt I'll ever be fortunate enough to witness it in life.

Ainulindale,
Iluvatar

Lennon
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Not even a contest. Third Eye.

Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 02:43 PM
rosetta stoned by a land slide, and thats saying alot saying third eye was my favoite song by a land slide up until todays listen of rosetta stoned. The first time through i was thinking, man the music sounds eerly like third eye. then the lyrics just suck you in, and its fucking amazing!

Dubya
05-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Rosetta Stoned. I've never cared for Third Eye. I agree with whoever said RS is more dynamic & powerful. It's a more fullfilling listen.

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I can't fathom why this debate is even taking place? Comparing two distinct Tool songs is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both independent expressions and cannot be compared by content or the like. What each song means to each of us individually is what is truly important. Needless to say that I like them both quite a bit.

YES. its not about which song you like better. its about what you take away personally from the song

Sklander
05-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Musically Third Eye is hard to beat, but you can't compare two Tool songs. You're just gonna run yourself into a circle. They are two completely different songs.

cosmokramer
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
well, personally i like third eye better. but i havent really listened to roseta stoned that many times yet.
so...verdict= both songs rule

rimb
05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Third Eye all the way. It's like 'good trip' vs 'bad trip' - which would you rather have?

mattmav45
05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Third Eye, but Rosetta Stoned is already my favorite song on 10,000 Days by a large margin.

Huff
05-02-2006, 05:34 PM
However, Rosetta Stoned is cool, does anyone else here that "Third Eye Riff" that starts about 3 minutes into it... it's almost the same, except that it loses a note with every repeat through the measure.

YES!!! That part immediately reminded me of TE. There's a triplet feel in Third Eye and more of a 5/4 feel in RS....(I think). I would honestly take RS and that's only having listened maybe 10 times. I think the lyrics are amazing and it's nice and heavy (sadly enough it seems to be the heaviest song on the record).

heLLpaso
05-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Rosetta Stoned at its best is a poor man's version of Third Eye.

Steventh
05-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Third Eye is better.

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Rosetta Stoned at its best is a poor man's version of Third Eye.

how could you even think that? third eye is just in a way different place than rosetta stoned... i would ask you to elaborate but i dont really care

El Scorcho
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Rosetta Stoned... but not without Lost Keys.

Third Eye is Tool's most overrated song.

Emericana
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
i mean dont get me wrong. i love rosetta. i think its a really great song. third eye is definetly better tho imo mainly because i prefer its cryptic lyrics

tuzi
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Rosetta Stoned IS Third Eye. Well, Third Eye and H. And the synth from Reflection. If you add all that stuff together there's actually very little new hook material in the song at all, other than "Shit the bed" of course.

Seriously folks. What the fuck? You take a riff from one of your old songs, move it to another place on the fretboard, lop off a note so it's a nonsensical 11/8 part instead of a moderately cool 12/8 one and then play it for a couple of minutes... and the song is somehow IMPROVED?

Raapy
05-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Third Eye is quite possibly the most ingenius song ever made, closely followed by h., and Pushit, I'd say.

Rosetta Stoned is my favorite 10k Days song, though.

Oeps
05-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Third Eye is quite possibly the most ingenius song ever made, closely followed by h., and Pushit, I'd say.

Wow some-one with the exact same oppinion, I totally agree
Tho I also like 10.000 days (song) very much

Cheers

TheConjuring
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Very hard to choose, both are amazing songs...I'm going to side with Third Eye though. I'm sure after a few more listens though, my decision will change.

ladiatia
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
ROSETTA STONED is the new THIRD EYE. Sounds great together with LOST KEYS.
Would be great to see THIRD EYE live.

SALUD!

ladiatia
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM

THUMBS UP!! I totally agree with you!

SALUD!

Sklander
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Rosetta Stoned IS Third Eye. Well, Third Eye and H. And the synth from Reflection. If you add all that stuff together there's actually very little new hook material in the song at all, other than "Shit the bed" of course.

Seriously folks. What the fuck? You take a riff from one of your old songs, move it to another place on the fretboard, lop off a note so it's a nonsensical 11/8 part instead of a moderately cool 12/8 one and then play it for a couple of minutes... and the song is somehow IMPROVED?

Way to try and find faults with this song. Do us all a favor and cancel your membership.

Rosetta Stoned IS NOT Third Eye. They are two completely different songs. What an assinie statement.

tuzi
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
They're obviously not two *completely* different songs, are they? Being as one has the riff from the other in it, of course.

And I didn't have to *try* to find faults with the song, they jumped out and urinated all over me while I was attempting to enjoy the new Tool album. I'd be much happier if they'd stop doing that, but it seems to be the hip new thing this year judging by the reactions from all the kids...

new millenium cyanide christ
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Third Eye all the way. It's like 'good trip' vs 'bad trip' - which would you rather have?

why you would define third eye as a "good trip" is beyond me...

finding out everything around you is a dream and you a part of an infinite string of possibilities doesnt seem very assuring to me...or maynard for that matter...

third eye is BY FAR more powerful than rosetta stoned (altho i do like this song, as well as the whole 10 000 days cd as a whole)....

i can guarentee the pple saying rosetta stoned is better have NOT seen third eye live...because if they had seen it live, they would know better.

smeefsmeef
05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
i can guarentee the pple saying rosetta stoned is better have NOT seen third eye live...because if they had seen it live, they would know better.

I have seen "Third Eye" live, and it was the highlight of my life at the time. However, I would much rather see "Rosetta Stoned" live for the first time, than "Third Eye" for the second time.

Rosetta Stoned would rule live without any vocal effects, but it will never happen (probably).

I'm seeing Tool on May 15th at the Fox Theater in Detroit. I really hope that they play "Rosetta Soned."

If they don't, that's fine. They could play "Sober" eleven times, and it would still be the greatest moment of my life.

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Third Eye is probably my second favorite Tool song, but right now, I'm really feeling RS.

tuzi - I think it's funny how you say 'nonsensical' then quantify it in terms of such a simple number as 11. There's nothing complex about it. You have trouble counting to 11 or what?

darkcorpse
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
third eye

TheCrackedJack
05-04-2006, 02:26 AM
For the record, it is almost impossible to beat an opening song like The Grudge, ever.

But Third Eye is plain lame, the only good thing is the: 'I tought that you had run away....' part. 'Prying open my third eye' is the worst line sung by Maynard ever.

Rosetta Stoned is more dynamical & powerful as Third Eye. It is a better song from start to end.
someone give this man a medal. My thoughts exactly

The Useful Idiot
05-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Instead of choosing between the 2 I think Tool should play Third Eye which then goes into Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. How cool would that be?

Asprinbah
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
This is a tough one, It is hard to compare the two except in length. When the two album versions are compared, I would prolly have to go with Rosetta Stoned, but come on, How can it compare to the version of Third Eye on Salival? When Maynard busts out those dual mics man, that is the shit.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM

11/8 IS cooler than 12/8 though...

I can't get over how funny your post is...

"They took this and this and did this and this and this and this and this and this to it. They didn't write anything new."

Holy hell. It'd be EASIER to write something new than to do what you're suggested TooL did to come up with Rosetta Stoned.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Instead of choosing between the 2 I think Tool should play Third Eye which then goes into Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. How cool would that be?
Only if you stick Faaip de Oied between Third Eye and Lost Keys.

TheHolyGift
05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Third Eye never struck as that great of a song, but more like just a cool epic rock song. The second solo kicks ass definitely... but Rosetta Stoned is doing something to me now that Third Eye never did. Rosetta Stoned all the way.

JunkyWolf
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Rosetta Stoned.

I really don't like Third Eye. I've tried and tried to dig this song, and for the most part I do, until they repeat, "Prying open my third eye" over and over again. I just can't...get in to this song for some reason.

Shmooove
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
It took me a long time to really get into Third Eye but when it did, it was very powerful and now is one song I make sure to definately listen through when I shove in Aenima. I think the long intro of (-) ions, unconventional timing and heavy distortion made it hard to initially get my mind around it. It took time for me to decipher what the lyrics meant to me personally, fully understand the intricacies of the musical layers on intellectual and emotional levels and also become patient enough to just feel the song to the end.

Analogously, it took me a while to feel every note and idea in Jimi Hendrix's "1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" but now that is so ingrained in my consciousness I could practically sing all the parts to you from start to finish.

I feel like Rosetta Stone could be one of those songs as well.

I was immediately put off by the initial chaos as the song begins, which made me want to listen to it again so that I could understand it and not get restrained by emotional judgement. Inch by inch it grows on me.

So ultimately, I am significantly more familiar and comfortable with Third Eye (which makes me "like" it more), but am open to what Rosetta Stone holds and will stay willing to absorb it fully.

Burd
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Definately Third Eye. Reason? Bill Hicks isn't on Rosetta Stoned.

Raapy
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Alot of the things that people seem put off about on Third Eye are things I initially couldn't stand either. Then I came to realize the song needs it. It builds up tension, again and again, then releases it, again and again. It's an emotional rollercoaster all the way. Rosetta Stoned is nowhere near doing anything like that to me, and I've been listening to it constantly for weeks. I love the song, but the only powerful part is between 7.00-9.00, and that part is over way too quickly. Third Eye keeps it going on and on, all the way to the end. It also manage to create an ingenius balance between low/calm parts and exploding insanity that leaves you gasping for air. It's like the very definition of Tool.

If you can lay down in bed, lights off, listen to Third Eye and then deny the, to me, obvious superiority of Third Eye compared to any other song of any band, then we must be listening to and liking Tool for very different reasons.

Galaxy2012
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Third Eye, but RS has some eerie lyrics...

resonance.
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
These two songs aren't even comparable.

tuzi
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
11/8 IS cooler than 12/8 though...

I can't get over how funny your post is...

"They took this and this and did this and this and this and this and this and this to it. They didn't write anything new."

Holy hell. It'd be EASIER to write something new than to do what you're suggested TooL did to come up with Rosetta Stoned.

You're suggesting it would be easier to write a new riff than:

* Move your hand a bit
* Play one note less

?!?

You're clearly not a musician. Any piece of music that gets written has more extensive development work done on it than that just in the process of writing the song. Third Eye will have had many, many more variations attempted on that riff than you hear on the finished song, and in all honesty it would surprise me not a jot if this was one of them.

As for the 11-is-cooler-than-12 argument... rubbish. Would you like to explain the order of coolness of time signatures, please? A time signature is just a different shape of canvas, what you paint on it is what grants it merit. A good painter can translate the rules of composition and visual form they understand from one shape or size of medium to another. Somebody being lazy could just guillotine off a couple of inches, utterly ruining the form of the picture. That doesn't make one shape artistically better than another, it's the method of creating inside that shape that grants the shape meaning.

In this case, that riff is considerably cooler in 12/8 and makes a lot more sense melodically. In the case of other pieces of music in 11 they certainly wouldn't sound better if you added another note on the end, it would sound redundant.

For example, there's some really cool East European music that phrases 11 as 3+2+2+2+2, and uses patterns which imply a near-constant three-over-two across the two sections, disguising where the bar lines are. That's quite cool. Just taking a comfortable 3+3+3+3 12/8 or triplet 4/4 pattern complete with stress points on the beat and then lopping off a single note is the most retarded, sophomoric approach to odd times on the planet. No culture has developed traditional rhythms that use these kind of approaches, they're the kind of thing you find happening in lame teenage prog bands. And Dream Theater.

Tool used to be better at odd-time playing than that. And they used to be better at coming up with new ideas, too.

tuzi - I think it's funny how you say 'nonsensical' then quantify it in terms of such a simple number as 11. There's nothing complex about it. You have trouble counting to 11 or what?

No, I just think that the pattern in eleven is nonsensical while the one in 12/8 has internal consistency and musicality. Would Schism be better if I chopped off three notes and put it into 9/8 phrased as 2+3+2+2? Not really, because it would lose a lot of the musical meaning contained in those last three notes in each bar. Modifying art by chopping bits off is rarely an improvement if you accept that the artist knew what they were doing in the first place.

I do, but I don't accept they know what they're doing now.

jonasjrr
05-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Alot of the things that people seem put off about on Third Eye are things I initially couldn't stand either. Then I came to realize the song needs it. It builds up tension, again and again, then releases it, again and again. It's an emotional rollercoaster all the way. . . . Third Eye keeps it going on and on, all the way to the end. It also manage to create an ingenius balance between low/calm parts and exploding insanity that leaves you gasping for air. It's like the very definition of Tool.

If you can lay down in bed, lights off, listen to Third Eye and then deny the, to me, obvious superiority of Third Eye compared to any other song of any band, then we must be listening to and liking Tool for very different reasons.

Precisely -- it took me over a year to like "Third Eye;" for me, it's not about the "song," it's about the experience, and I finally figured that out. It's visceral art. RS doesn't have the same impact on me. But of course, in a year, that may change

Octopod
05-05-2006, 02:30 AM
It's way too soon to fairly judge anything on this album against the older material. The older stuff has been devoured a thousand times over by our minds. This new record is too complex to have a grasp on after a week, or even a month.

This question should be asked again in a year. Third Eye was the most amazing song the band had written at the time, and may (arguably) still hold that mantle, but Rosetta Stoned is more complex, utilizes more humor, is more gritty/vulgar, and as such seems to carry a different, more satirical element than Third Eye. This makes the songs different in powerful ways, and that distinction makes it a bit unfair to so flippantly compare them based on the simple facts that they are of similar length and that they share similar riffs.

Rosetta Stoned still needs some 'incubation" time and some sort of identity as a live piece before it is given a fair assessment, imo. Time is a revelator.

third_eye96
05-05-2006, 03:21 AM
THIRD EYE ALL THE WAY!!!

lateralis
05-05-2006, 06:06 AM
both songs are excellent.

however, I see LK/RS (as well as WfM/10,000) as a culmination of a writing process that was begun with 3rd eye. I think one of the reasons most people love 3rd eye (aside from it being an truly excellent piece of music) is that it was the FIRST truly epic musical journey from tool. It is much easier for it to stand out among the rest of Œnima because (with the exception of the live pushit) it was the longest/most wandering song they had ever composed.

After lateralus, the length of these songs is now par for the course but I think they show incredible growth as musicians. It is easier to hold up the one epic among smaller, shorter, more "riffy" songs and say "look how great that is, it is so unique" than it is to say "this is just ONE great song among many" and still have it be better than the previous "one great".

my opinion: Lost Leys/Rostta Stoned = at least as good as Third Eye. Emotional, visceral song-writing at its very best.

third_eye77
05-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I don't get why these 2 are being compared?? Like someone else said, apples and oranges. Like saying "Jimmy" or "10,000 Days"?? I think they're both great in their own respect.

Shmooove
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I think they are being compared because of the similarities in how they sound and because of the dramatic changes both songs take over the length of their songs.

Just like I would compare Wings for Mary Pt I & II to the Disposition/Reflection/Triad trilogy. Similar sound and time.

Eulogy89
05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Third Eye > Rosetta Stoned

tulfanbru
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Third Eye will always be my first love. But damn, is R.S catching up!

pigvoll
05-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Third eye, like every other song from aenima is better IMO. The guitars and vocals do not come close to the soaring heights of the aenima tracks. disappointed with the fact that MJK doesn't use his full range on any of the new songs and they just fail to hit any heights.

cant_be_faded
05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Nothing will ever come close to evoking the effect that Third Eye does when listened to in the dark while stoned out of your mind.

Zazzaro703
05-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Man after reading some of the responses, Im glad i loved third eye and rosetta stoned after first listen. Didnt waste any time trying to absorb those songs and forcing myself to like them.... I loved them first spin. Id be pissed if my stupid brain robbed me of finding enjoyment in either of these songs.

I Chas I
05-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I'll probably get castrated for saying this, but i consider Third Eye as more of a segue and less of a song. It just sounds like nothingness and then out of nowhere, PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE!!! Just my opinion.

Voltaire
05-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Honestly, both songs feel like they belong together. The first time I heard Rosetta Stoned, I thought "Wow, this is like Third Eye, only heavier and more consistent." To me, Rosetta Stoned isn't a ripoff of Third Eye, it's a continuation of it. Really, listen to both songs in a row. I could be totally wrong, but I have a feeling that Third Eye/Rosetta Stoned will be continued again on another song, similar to what Dream Theater did with The Glass Prison/This Dying Soul/The Root Of All Evil.

Or maybe I'm looking into this too much. Both great songs, anyway. I would say I like both equally. Third Eye builds up more, while Rosetta Stoned pummels you again and again while constantly shifting riffs. I'd say Third Eye is the better song, though I enjoy Rosetta Stoned more, if that makes any sense.

eL dong
05-06-2006, 06:20 PM

mabye this is just me being one dimensional but perhaps third eye and rosetta stoned are the same song. but instead of thinking its them just reusing old material think it could be them letting us into the real meaning of third eye. like mabye RS is the "rosetta stone" tor TE. just a thought

DavidG36
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
The songs are a little similar. But this song is comical, Third Eye is not comical in anyway. They're both about drug abuse, so I guess they're linked in that way, but musically Third Eye is more random and follows no set melody. The only songs I liked on this album were Rosetta Stoned and The Pot, because Maynard still sang in his traditional vocal style, but I still would say Third Eye is a better song than Rosetta Stoned.

ELPsteel
05-09-2006, 07:02 AM
I find it funny that there are people who think that this entire song is a "joke". These are probably the same people that thought the album title, artwork, and track titles were a joke when they were officially announced. The lyrics have comical moments, but this song has musical value, obviously. Aside from the rhythmically altered riff from Third Eye, there's a lot of new stuff going on there; the drum/bass groove towards the end is sick.

ParisD
05-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Pardon me for pulling out the Hooker w/ a Penis card, but I really am OGT since the first EP and personally I feel that a large majority of Tool fans are more interested in the songs with the harder edge or (perhaps more correctly) emotionally charged lyrics (as in angry). Hense the strong feeling on the part of most of the fans I've spoken with that Aenima is a better album than Lateralus. It's interesting to me that the favorite of most posters seems to be Third Eye vs. RS when they are beyond comparison. That's like saying "I think the stories my son wrote at 5 years old are better than the ones he wrote at 20." It's as if to suggest you'd rather the band not grow and evolve spiritually, personally, and therefor musically. Bottom line, RS doesn't take itself anywhere near as seriously as TE. I personally feel that a lot of you have a hard time with Tool laughing at themselves vs. yelling at someone else.

ParisD
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
What a first post....

My apologies. Re-reading it now I see that I was more influenced by reading several of what was essentially the same post over and over again (by different folks) each saying that RS sucked, worst song ever, etc. My patience was thinner than I thought.

Psilo
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
What the hell. All I see is "XXxxXX wins by a landslide".

Its not so god damn extreme of a difference.

I find the two songs to be very, very close in quality. But one or the othe definitely doesnt win by a "landslide", thats dumb.

trickma
05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Rosetta stoned probably

evil agent
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I like both songs, but..

I have to give it to Third Eye. One of my favorite Tool songs ever, from my very favorite Tool album! "I opened my eye.." still gives me chills.

smeefsmeef
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
My apologies. Re-reading it now I see that I was more influenced by reading several of what was essentially the same post over and over again (by different folks) each saying that RS sucked, worst song ever, etc. My patience was thinner than I thought.

yeah, yeah, whatever.

von satan
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM

typical Kiwi idiot, go and listen again