PDA

View Full Version : songs powerful meaning

cat86
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
this song is clearly about fat people who are fat asses because thay sit and watch t.v all day. Maynard hates fat people he states in his recent interview with Time magazine (music review section). I know a lot of people think this is too simple but its not, and i know a lot of you people are going to say that im an idiot for posting this, but thats because your mad that this song is really about fat people because your fat yourself, and your in denial that your fav't band hates you

Oberon
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
this song is clearly about fat people who are fat asses because thay sit and watch t.v all day. Maynard hates fat people he states in his recent interview with Time magazine (music review section). I know a lot of people think this is too simple but its not, and i know a lot of you people are going to say that im an idiot for posting this, but thats because your mad that this song is really about fat people because your fat yourself, and your in denial that your fav't band hates you

You're not an idiot for your opinion, you're an idiot for posting a whole new thread just for it.

seneca77
04-29-2006, 11:12 PM

go away. you are not about forward thought. you are not about solutions. you are not THE ONE who has any answer that we may be seeking.

go away.

fugitive538
04-30-2006, 01:20 AM
You're just sending cat86 away, because you're fat:-)

TubGirl
04-30-2006, 03:16 AM
haha! leave the lard asses alone.
is it not more likly (and obvious) that the song is about those who believe so readily the information from their tvs, who sit on their (various sized) asses and accept it without thinkin for theirselves?

TheThirdEyeofVisnu
05-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Wow. Opinions are great--but I just don't think that's the point of the song, of course what do I know? After all, I'm fat. ;P

Lukas
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Hahahahaha Fat people? I do not think that. The subject is deep...turn on the tv and think by you yourself.
"Live while the whole world dies." (great point of view)

ArizonaBay
05-02-2006, 01:03 PM

I just think your in denial that everyone hates you... so your trying to fruitlessly validate yourself by posting insults on an internet forum.

God im a hypocrite...

the_himog
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I am surprized that you all can't get behind the occult meaning of this song? (well, not really because I just realized it yesterday)

Do you really think that Tool would write a straight up song about Television without making it not about Television.

Break it down and then you see that it is ALL ABOUT INFORMATION INTAKE! (along with---as always--- with the division/unity of the body/mind).

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I am surprized that you all can't get behind the occult meaning of this song? (well, not really because I just realized it yesterday)

Do you really think that Tool would write a straight up song about Television without making it not about Television.

Break it down and then you see that it is ALL ABOUT INFORMATION INTAKE! (along with---as always--- with the division/unity of the body/mind).

the song is about living through thigns that have hapened to others "vicarioulsy i live", look up the work vicarious if u dont understand.
yes its about tv, only caring when somthing bad has happened, human nature, we're inherently evil
tv as a religion perhaps, i dunno, but the overall theme is that the exciting things that happen in our lives are actually happening to other people, if you get what i mean. Maybe they're trying to say that we should get off the sofa turn off the tv and live our lives, not waste them.

sorry if thats garbled, i know what i mean

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-02-2006, 02:06 PM

the song is about living through thigns that have hapened to others "vicarioulsy i live", look up the work vicarious if u dont understand.
yes its about tv, only caring when somthing bad has happened, human nature, we're inherently evil
tv as a religion perhaps, i dunno, but the overall theme is that the exciting things that happen in our lives are actually happening to other people, if you get what i mean. Maybe they're trying to say that we should get off the sofa turn off the tv and live our lives, not waste them.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-02-2006, 02:07 PM