PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear 46 & 2

Frizzer
04-29-2006, 01:22 AM
the first time i heard this song, and second, theres a bit at 6:45 that sounds rather similar to 46 &2....what are they doing to us!! This song sounds straight off aenima aswell.

MarcDrums
04-29-2006, 06:02 AM
the first time i heard this song, and second, theres a bit at 6:45 that sounds rather similar to 46 &2....what are they doing to us!! This song sounds straight off aenima aswell.
muted cymbals and palm muting into an open guitar riff.. very similiar.. it sounds amazing.

placidium
04-29-2006, 06:03 AM
it would be even more amazing than 46 & 2 if they didn't do it once already .....

the usual
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Yes along with some part of (wings pt.2)

gl0tch
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey, you should check out my post (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43779) from last week!

Try it. You'll find it interesting I'm sure.

smeefsmeef
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I hear much more of "Jimmy" than "46&2"... 'cept for, maybe the "two" part.

godhenry
04-30-2006, 02:16 AM
ok i was not going to say anything, but after having just rocked out on Undertow and reading some of the posts on how Right in Two is rehashing 46&2, Pushit, Jimmy, and everything else people can think of from Aenima, I have to say this: YOU GUYS HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Go get yourself a copy of Undertow and listen to Swamp Song, then we'll talk, OK? (will be back in 24hrs).

Volrath
04-30-2006, 08:10 AM
TIMMEH! oh shit wrong thread...

Frizzer
05-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Hey, you should check out my post (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43779) from last week!

Try it. You'll find it interesting I'm sure.

I didn't download the album, I wanted to hear the album with the artwork on the day it came out like you were supposed to, douchebag.

Frizzer
05-02-2006, 07:29 AM
ok i was not going to say anything, but after having just rocked out on Undertow and reading some of the posts on how Right in Two is rehashing 46&2, Pushit, Jimmy, and everything else people can think of from Aenima, I have to say this: YOU GUYS HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Go get yourself a copy of Undertow and listen to Swamp Song, then we'll talk, OK? (will be back in 24hrs).

Err.... I'm pretty sure i already own undertow, and i've already heard Swamp Song and im PRETTY sure i know how to play it on bass and guitar, so maybe you should think before you say things, because you "HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT."

Anyhoo, back to the topic of conversation, There must be some sort of reason they've done almost "references" to past songs on this album, Tool aren't exactly a band who repeat themselves.

Matt888
05-02-2006, 11:50 PM
There are definantly alot of similarity's on this album. But I think that after 5 records now their sound and style in general are pretty fused into our minds. Adam isn't exactly the most technical guitarist there is, he can be alittle limited in his use of the fret board. So I think it's probably more of that than anything to do with them trying to rehash past tunes. And I think you kind of miss the point abit if that's what you are concerned with anyway. My favourite thing about tool is their blend as a band. With each record the soundscapes are bigger and better, there is no real stand out (except maybe Danny) and that is why we are all hear. They are the best BAND in the world.
And this is a Classic Tool song. My favourite so far.