PDA

View Full Version : They just played this on the radio

5th Eye
04-28-2006, 12:05 PM
About 10 minutes ago I turned on 100.7 WMMS and they were playing Jambi as some sort of "world premiere". Are they allowed to do that?

I only caught the last three minutes or so of it, and didn't like it very much...although that Meshuggah influence was definitely there. So now my "new album experience" was ruined even moreso...way to go ClearChannel, I hate you.

TheResidentEvil
04-28-2006, 12:35 PM
They will probably get a seize and desist notice but a lot of stations do it anyway. I know the local radio station here does.

tempathy
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
101.1 KUFO in portland played 4 or so tracks from the album today at random times, i heard jambi, the pot, right in two, and i forgot the last one.

JoeyVWEA
04-29-2006, 01:48 AM
About 10 minutes ago I turned on 100.7 WMMS and they were playing Jambi as some sort of "world premiere". Are they allowed to do that?

I only caught the last three minutes or so of it, and didn't like it very much...although that Meshuggah influence was definitely there. So now my "new album experience" was ruined even moreso...way to go ClearChannel, I hate you.

They shouldn't play it...they can get in lots of trouble. There are certain Impact dates for singles and like April 17th was Vicarious' impact date...Jambi might get one...if anything i hope The Pot is the next single. Fucking Clear Channel...thinking they can do whatever they want. Let just hope they don't buy a label like they were thinking of doing.

5th Eye
04-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, seriously.

They played it 3 separate times that I heard but haven't since then. Even still, I managed to get a radio rip of almost the entire song. It's good. The vocal melodies and bass are outstanding. The guitar is pretty lame though, the whole song is pretty much muted D's over and over which gets a little boring...but that's okay.

Opiate Son
04-29-2006, 12:04 PM
They will probably get a seize and desist notice but a lot of stations do it anyway. I know the local radio station here does.

they may be getting away with this because it has been released in other parts of the world. who knows.