PDA

View Full Version : Judith Marie, for the curious.....

xDxOxNx
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
So, this is where Maynard got his good looks from:

http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

RIP

MarcDrums
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
she looked like a good lady

Mozeley
04-28-2006, 10:23 AM

RIP

Looks like quite an old pic as well. Seemingly before she became Paralysed:(

muhaaa
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
27 years ago , then

molehill
04-29-2006, 02:23 AM
I'd hit it.

unfnknblvbl
04-29-2006, 02:57 AM
well, that would make sense... who would want to be remembered as an old hag in a wheelchair, with the same vacant expression stuck on their face for 27 years?

I don't know the extent of Judith Marie's paralysis, but that's kind of what I picture... so it's no wonder that they'd be using an old photo of her in her prime.

gijsja
04-29-2006, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=unfnknblvbl]well, that would make sense... who would want to be remembered as an old hag in a wheelchair, with the same vacant expression stuck on their face for 27 years?

Pff that's kinda harsh, i think its brave and extremely fragile from mjk to xpress his feelings like this and from tool to create such a brilliant atmosfere around these lyrics (man people in this forum said they cried cos of the loss of their mom while she's still alive). It made my eyes weep to.

Reagunn
04-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Holy shit, Maynard's a clone!

BlindVisionary
04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
She looked like a prick...

praefector
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM
i bet she hated KISS

so shes cool in my book.

muhaaa
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
She looked like a prick...
i hope Maynard read this.

BlindVisionary
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
i hope Maynard read this.

Me too, he can kiss my ass...

carceral
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
I'd hit it.
Thank-you for making me laugh today.

Disgustipation
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd hit it.
i hope you develop an inoperable tumor on the base ofyour spine you poor excuse for a human being. May your ears never again be grayced by the harmonious blessing that is the voice of maynard.

Oberon
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
i hope you develop an inoperable tumor on the base ofyour spine you poor excuse for a human being. May your ears never again be grayced by the harmonious blessing that is the voice of maynard.

Whats wrong with what he said? its a compliment.

MaynardLD50
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I dont really think thats a compliment

Minsk
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM
"Pillar Of Faith" on that pic..... line from 10k days...
sure u all knew that, but its still fukn cool. Is that what it says on her headstone?

Grimace
05-02-2006, 07:06 AM
ffs

blair's man sausage
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
oberon you only need one more post before the 666 freaks start hunting you down

henri_ds
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Wow, there are some serious fucktarding assholes around here. Not an ounce of respect for a dead mother. I hope people will vomit then fuck on your tombstones, assholes.

blair's man sausage
05-02-2006, 12:20 PM
fuck in their own vomit? that sounds like a bukkake gone wild

Changing Skin
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
thanks for sharing that pic... i had missed that on their regular site

kyyuulle
05-02-2006, 02:15 PM
have some fucking respect

that's the problem with some of the tool fans

as the art and artist progress, the intelligence and wit of the tool collective does not.

Ganjalf
05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
have some fucking respect

that's the problem with some of the tool fans

as the art and artist progress, the intelligence and wit of the tool collective does not.

quoted for truth

Drgonzo1977
05-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure this may have been posted before....but....for those whoe mihgt not have seen it.......btw....printed in my home town newspaper.

Judith M. Garrison
Judith Marie “Judy” Garrison, 59, of Dover and a former resident of Ravenna, died Wednesday, June 18, 2003, of complications from a brain aneurysm suffered 27 years ago.

Born Nov. 22, 1943, in Bedford, she was a daughter of Harold and Marjorie Way Gridley of Dover. Judy was a graduate of Hudson High School. She was an executive secretary for the Western Reserve Telephone Co., a district manager for Stanley Home Products and a homemaker. Judy attended church in Ravenna and was a Christian through and through, living her faith. She was a member of the Tuscarawas County Brain Injury Support Group.

She was preceded in death by her husband, David O. Garrison.

In addition to her parents, she is survived by a son, James Maynard Keenan of Los Angeles, Calif.; a grandson, Devo; two sisters, Connie (George) Thompson of Carrollton and Pamela Walling of Naples, Fla.; a brother, Brian Gridley of Dover; and several nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held Saturday, June 28, at 2 p.m. in the Toland-Herzig Funeral Home at Dover. To sign the online register and share a fond memory of Judy, please visit the funeral home’s Web site.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Tuscarawas County Brain Injury Support Group, Chris Curtiss, Facilitator, 821 Anola Ave., Suite B, Dover, O. 44622.

Toland-Herzig

(330) 343-6132

www.tolandherzig.com

Ein SofDrink
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
While of course I think being respectful of the dead, especially ones with a tragic past, is just being a good person. However, I don't think "I'd hit it" is that disrespectful in contex. The comment in no way belittled her struggle or her character. It seemed to be more of a well placed internet message board satire.

Also, look at it this way. If someone posted a picture of let's say Marilyn Monroe, and he replied, "I'd hit it" would that be cruel?

Sklander
05-02-2006, 07:41 PM
By "I'd hit it" I'm sure he meant "she's a beautiful lady and I'd love to make love to her."

Take the stick out of your ass...

Eulogy33
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
yea..she looked nice/bitchy at the same time.

iminsideurmind
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
wow blasting on the inspiration for beautiful art as well as a human being who suffered greatly...some of u should kill yourselves now and save the human race!

beauty_in_destruction
06-14-2007, 02:23 PM
wow blasting on the inspiration for beautiful art as well as a human being who suffered greatly...some of u should kill yourselves now and save the human race!

I AGREE W/ IMINSIDEURMIND! You people fucking disgust me! Anyone who knows JACK SHIT about Maynard knows about his love for his mother, and the amount of respect and admiration he has for her! She was BEAUTIFUL! And I’m sure, by the way he talks about her in his songs she was beautiful on the inside too! Anyone who can be personally responsible for bringing a person in to this world as amazing and captivating as Maynard had to have been doing something right!!

a_gnostic
06-14-2007, 09:06 PM

RIP

I've been a Tool fan since 1995. I'm very new to this forum, or forums in general. Knowing that the man responsible for the lyrics - his Mothers name is Judith Marie, brings a meaning to this song that I could never imagine. Even questioning the faith in APC with the song "Judith".

He did it all for you...

I haven't been moved like this in quite some time.

dirkz
06-25-2007, 07:13 AM
I can see Maynard in that pic, they look so much alike.

And I'm not about to make any sort of comment toward a woman who inspired such great work from Maynard. Anyone who Maynard has that much love for, and inspired the Wings lyrics, is clearly above me.

Luosdasa
07-11-2007, 03:58 AM

that is the single funniest thing i have written on these forums.

its funny to find people some form of social concience... inability to pick an intentionally ba taste joke... or snobery in their inability to accept the wonder that is cringe humour

Luosdasa
07-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Anyone who Maynard has that much love for, and inspired the Wings lyrics, is clearly above me.

maynard's dick is shrivled and limp after receiving that job

dimebag4510
07-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I think its great that a man has the balls to show that much love and respect openly for his mother. The lyrics in the 10,000 days are moving, and are very cathartic. Hopefully MJK now knows that one day he hand his mom will meet again.

dirkz
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
maynard's dick is shrivled and limp after receiving that job

I can't even compliment Maynard now? wtf is this?

Luosdasa
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I can't even compliment Maynard now? wtf is this?

maynards a great singer. well, he's pretty good, he sings the way i like and he's my favorite. i like his lyrics, and how he uses his voice.

He is not someone to be worshiped. you say that if maynard loves someone that much, they are better than you. thats not complimenting him, thats elevating him above not only yourself, but by implication other ordinary people. hence my implication that you should remove your mouth from around his penis

dont act like you were complementing him or his art, and that im just bashing him because he's cool. Stand up for something worth while mate.

he's a good singer. for one example, there's good doctors who save lives daily.
he aint a god.

Cheesegreater
07-13-2007, 11:44 PM
maynards a great singer. well, he's pretty good, he sings the way i like and he's my favorite. i like his lyrics, and how he uses his voice.

He is not someone to be worshiped. you say that if maynard loves someone that much, they are better than you. thats not complimenting him, thats elevating him above not only yourself, but by implication other ordinary people. hence my implication that you should remove your mouth from around his penis

dont act like you were complementing him or his art, and that im just bashing him because he's cool. Stand up for something worth while mate.

he aint a god.

Totally agree. He's a pretty influential guy, though. I appreciate what he's done. Everyone wants to play off what I a front man can do, but I think he's really got a lot of our greatest minds scratching their heads. It's pretty admirable from a strictly psychological, empirical point of view. He's done what so many before him have never dared to do; I don't care how you look at it, he came up with an original angle at least for the niche Maynard's been working in.

dirkz
07-14-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree with you guys, he is a great, innovative and highly influential singer. I wasn't exactly trying to elevate him to "god" status. Sorry if it sounded that way. I just have respect for the man, ya know?

MORNING_GLORY
07-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Its fun and games until one of your mothers die... then the sex jokes aren't funny anymore.

Luosdasa
07-17-2007, 02:56 AM
my mum would laugh

honestly.

dirkz
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
lol

base metal
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd hit it.

Dude....this ain't the bin. That's fucked up.

p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I can definitely see where Maynard got his good looks from. This is probably from before the stroke, but that is how he would like to remember her i think. Wings for Marie/10000 Days is a beautiful song, no doubt, it brings tears to my eyes every time. She was obviously a wonderful mother.
RIP

ivasativa
08-11-2007, 03:12 PM

he aint a god.

I am really new in this forum, but reading through things I notice that worshiping Keenan is a general atmosphere.
Its been 13 years since I started listening to TOOL and this year, 2007, was the first time I actually saw a picture of the man. Last year was the first time that I saw a live show on tape, so I got glimpses of all the band members.
I can easily understand how people simply fall in love with such leaders, its simply in human nature, but moreover TOOL's music vibrates on a certain frequency that touches the soul if one is open to this place in himself. Additionally, Keenan communicates through his lyrics. He doesnt directly communicate with the individual on the other side of the speakers, but he is communicating with the collective spirit, that is within him primarily, and then, from his perspective, within all others. If his message can be received regardless of the fact HE is sending it with all his attributes, it comes through to the place inside ME that coincides with the place inside HIM where from he is actually communicating. An that in fact is real communication, as the word suggest: coming in union (in this or that way) Otherwise, now I feel influenced by the knowledge that his mom had a stroke and that this is why he wrote this and other songs (which I highly appreciate)..... and so on, and that just changes the inspiration.
I think all this talking about Keenan's personal life or his dick is mere speculation, at least mostly, and quite impolite at the end.

I do, so deeply, appreciate the possibility for us to come together and share.

Without any allusions to anything toolies :)

dirkz
08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I am really new in this forum, but reading through things I notice that worshiping Keenan is a general atmosphere.
Its been 13 years since I started listening to TOOL and this year, 2007, was the first time I actually saw a picture of the man. Last year was the first time that I saw a live show on tape, so I got glimpses of all the band members.
I can easily understand how people simply fall in love with such leaders, its simply in human nature, but moreover TOOL's music vibrates on a certain frequency that touches the soul if one is open to this place in himself. Additionally, Keenan communicates through his lyrics. He doesnt directly communicate with the individual on the other side of the speakers, but he is communicating with the collective spirit, that is within him primarily, and then, from his perspective, within all others. If his message can be received regardless of the fact HE is sending it with all his attributes, it comes through to the place inside ME that coincides with the place inside HIM where from he is actually communicating. An that in fact is real communication, as the word suggest: coming in union (in this or that way) Otherwise, now I feel influenced by the knowledge that his mom had a stroke and that this is why he wrote this and other songs (which I highly appreciate)..... and so on, and that just changes the inspiration.
I think all this talking about Keenan's personal life or his dick is mere speculation, at least mostly, and quite impolite at the end.

I do, so deeply, appreciate the possibility for us to come together and share.

Without any allusions to anything toolies :)

Good post.

Just don't say anything like that in the Bin. They'll tear you apart ;). Oh well, fuck 'em.

Within/Without
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
they look very much alike.
RIP