PDA

View Full Version : End to the possibility?

grady
04-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Ok. Flame me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions than what will be out on the 2nd. Wouldn't there be one song ever to prove the possibility of this? Beleive me...I'm really happy with it, but if there is more songs or a double disc....it'll be the best unexpected bonus ever!

Echo Flanger
04-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Ok. Flame me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions than what will be out on the 2nd. Wouldn't there be one song ever to prove the possibility of this? Beleive me...I'm really happy with it, but if there is more songs or a double disc....it'll be the best unexpected bonus ever!

I haven't yet listened to the CD at home, but most likely the leak is the same mix and master. Why would a raw mix leak in April, since the album went to mastering in January?

I remember Radiohead's Hail to the Thief leaking before the songs were completed, and Dredg had a "decoy album" circulating on the internet a year ago, before Catch Without Arms. I don't know if it was sourced by the band, demos, or what. It had half of the album's songs and some additional interlude/experimental tracks. The actual album was nothing like it.

MarcDrums
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM
I haven't yet listened to the CD at home, but most likely the leak is the same mix and master. Why would a raw mix leak in April, since the album went to mastering in January?

I remember Radiohead's Hail to the Thief leaking before the songs were completed, and Dredg had a "decoy album" circulating on the internet a year ago, before Catch Without Arms. I don't know if it was sourced by the band, demos, or what. It had half of the album's songs and some additional interlude/experimental tracks. The actual album was nothing like it.
that fake dredg album had some cool tracks..
what was it.. On Again, Off Again was a cool track that didnt make it to the album

DRoehl
04-27-2006, 10:17 AM
it happens ALL the time. System of a down- steal this album, outkast-stankonia (once their album leaked they went back and redid a lot of stuff), team sleep- there was shit floating around the internet for probably 2 years before the cd came out. many of the leaked stuff had changed for the release

grady
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks, but. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was talking about TOOL.

Yard Man
04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions

hate to butt it in but you definitly said "anyone" and not "tool" hence the abundance of posters correcting you by showing how decoys and shittier version have been out before.

FistFck
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
" EMAIL, SUBJECT: TOOL TRASH"

trash=recycled....

hmm...

;)

Bogart
04-28-2006, 07:06 PM
I really want to believe another disc will be coming out shortly, but it doesn't look like its going to happen

allusion7.0
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
hate to butt it in but you definitly said "anyone" and not "tool" hence the abundance of posters correcting you by showing how decoys and shittier version have been out before.
yeah, but the website that I am at is Toolnavy. (emphasis on tool)

allusion7.0
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I really want to believe another disc will be coming out shortly, but it doesn't look like its going to happen
that one luxemburg guy said that there was nothing minus what we all have. (actually that was a general statement. I'm not getting the album for another four days.)

allusion7.0
04-28-2006, 07:14 PM
wait. sorry. my mistake. i read to quickly.