PDA

View Full Version : Matador Vs. Bull

ThreeDeviations
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
"We all feed on tragedy... It's like blood to a vampire."

because we're so immune to feeling... so thickskinned... song is a kin to Stinkfist from Ænima.

Vicarious is more or less saying once again... "desensitized to everything... what became of subtlety?"

It takes death, tragedy and/or blood to earn our attention.

People dont go to bullfights to see the matador win. Yet, when he loses, people act repulsed.

Odibilëph
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't. I prefer when he loses actually. The bull didn't do anything to deserve being killed like that.

ThreeDeviations
04-26-2006, 09:21 PM
That's what I said..

Most root for the bull...

but when the bull wins...

Corksil
04-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Interesting observation, I can see the connection quite clearly. Not entirely sure what the point of displaying that connection apart from sharing your thoughts, but I agree with you.

morgsatlarge
04-29-2006, 08:32 AM
i get the feeling its more about the experiences of watching the world, and not actually living it. Like someone who had been disabled for some reason. Sitting and watching the tv to experience life. Which when you think about it, must feel like you are watching the whole world die. Especially in the last 5 years or so.

sub rosa
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I personally think it's about a guilty pleasure of wanting to watch things die.

morgsatlarge
05-02-2006, 06:51 AM
ok its final.. Vicarious is about steakandcheese.com goddamn that website sucks

vesica_piscis
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
i get the feeling its more about the experiences of watching the world, and not actually living it.

I think that one line sums it up.

How many people are content to watch the african plains or the arctic on tv rather than actually go there. Living vicariously through your TV set.
I think this song is also subtely talkin about the war in Iraq and Afganistan becoming very much a spectator sport on the news.