PDA

View Full Version : i love the little cymbal hits with the harmonics

MarcDrums
04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
during the beginning riff and at the end, the harmonics and china cymbal, and the little slides sound so awesome.... definitely a cool idea.. and very original

Stigs
04-27-2006, 03:56 AM
during the beginning riff and at the end, the harmonics and china cymbal, and the little slides sound so awesome.... definitely a cool idea.. and very original

i agree, its a fantastic idea, and although the song is already great, those little bends just make it amazing. I'm a huge fan of dannys electro stuff, and the whole album is filled wth great and original sounds. i remember danny saying in an interview how he needed a electro brain that would allow him to change his pitch intelligently, and i think this was in the lateralus promo days, but i cant think of anything off lateralus that usings a pitch bend? did he get a new brain to go with the mandala, or is he still using the simmons?

MarcDrums
04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
i agree, its a fantastic idea, and although the song is already great, those little bends just make it amazing. I'm a huge fan of dannys electro stuff, and the whole album is filled wth great and original sounds. i remember danny saying in an interview how he needed a electro brain that would allow him to change his pitch intelligently, and i think this was in the lateralus promo days, but i cant think of anything off lateralus that usings a pitch bend? did he get a new brain to go with the mandala, or is he still using the simmons?
really not sure... the mandala is amazing however..