PDA

View Full Version : The pig

DeleteYourself
11-23-2002, 01:20 AM
does anyone know the origin of the pig on the back cover of the cd? is it real? stuffed? synthetic?

noisetherapy
11-23-2002, 01:54 AM
I think Adam and someone else made it... correct me if im wrong

substatique
11-23-2002, 02:29 AM
It's one of Adam's pets. He has two pigs whose names are, I think, Eon and Mo, or something similar.

sloppyc
11-23-2002, 10:27 AM
i'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that it's adam's pig, mo.

mike tyson
11-23-2002, 02:13 PM
The pig is Adam's as stated earlier, their correct names are Estel and Mo. As of which one is on the album, I forget which it is.

The Border Line
11-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Etzel. ;)

But yeah, it's one of Adam's pigs that are on the back of Undertow, as to whether it's Etzel or Mo, I couldn't say.

DeleteYourself
11-23-2002, 08:54 PM
i wonder if he keeps "undertow" shaved in it or if it was a one time thing...hehe

sparrow
11-27-2002, 01:37 PM
man this board repeats alot "estel and Mo" "estel and Mo" man oh man.

blueghost
12-03-2002, 03:00 PM
speaking of pigs , if you guys frequent Toolband.com you would know that they were gonna take the pigs along on the tour and put them out on stage like they did they guys from osseus labirynt(sp?) imagine 80,000 people chanting

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

it would make me laugh

Ghost

nikstar
12-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by substatique
It's one of Adam's pets. He has two pigs whose names are, I think, Eon and Mo, or something similar.

I believe Eon is a dog.

Well Known
12-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Then all you would need to do is propel yourself backward through time.

pdictter
12-14-2002, 12:47 AM
i think the pig is fucking awesome. its really cool, i think the forks give that whole weird feeling somehow. its really creative. everyone would have used knifes or something like that.

ah crap. forgot what i was going to say. :(

b3ar
12-18-2002, 01:10 PM
i personally think everyone needs to get back to the meaning of the artwork and why it was used rather than what it is of. i personally see it as bit of a visual for disgustipated aswell as a realisation of how we never think of the animal the meat we eat has come from, the forks would suggest that this pig is a meal, it is the raw product that we buy as pork, bacon and so forth. this is also a stab at vegetarians and people who are edging towards it, saying this is what we eat so deal with it. it also represents that the content of the album is raw and not processed crap that other groups (i refuse to call some of them artists) pump out into the commercial market, saying that what is on the album is what it is so deal with it.

nina
12-18-2002, 03:02 PM
it reminds me of the book naked lunch-william burrows
something about the once living flesh on the end of your fork that you are about to ingest. the image is a good reminder of what it is that we eat when we eat meat, i think people too easily detach the idea of a living animal (the pig) from the food on their plate. i myself find this disrespectful to the pig, you may laugh at me, but i think it is important to appreciate what the pig has given up so that we may eat.
b3ar- thats is a great idea about tool not being "processed"-kudos to you sir

Riovanes
11-23-2003, 08:05 PM
It occurs to me that the visual image of the forks stabbing upward into the pig's belly could be another expression of the album's theme of vulnerability, of forcing our way into the insides that are normally left protected and shut away - also seen in the opened ribcage and the rear-entry vibrator.

The Grudge
11-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Riovanes...i think you are completely right about the vulnerability, all of the artwork and alot of the songs from Undertow show vulnerablilty.

faaipdeoiad
03-16-2004, 08:57 PM
The pig's name was Mo he died a few days ago :(

drone007
04-13-2004, 05:03 PM
i think there are some good ideas that arise from looking at this picture, which indeed makes it art, but... on this one I think it was just a funny idea they came up with to fuck with Adam's pet. I know they did not hurt the pig, but I think they were just doing the picture because they were commenting on how close a pet can become dinner for a week. :)

AestheticAnomaly
07-06-2004, 05:33 AM
To me the pig over the forks symbolizes the state of unrest and turmoil, maybe the consequences of being over self-indulgent...