PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the 2nd album will be something like Kid A & Amnesiac by Radiohead

B C L
04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Why is everyone thinking that the "real" album has to be revealed on May 2nd? Or that it has to be June 6th? Radiohead released Kid A in Sept of 2000 and no one really thought that they'd follow that up with a 2nd disc but they did. Amnesiac came out 6 or 9 months later and to me, the two are a double-album. Many people probably don't even realize that it's a double album but any real Radiohead fan knows it is. They sound very similar, they were recorded at the same time and they toured after Amnesiac playing songs off both discs. Plus, there's a hidden booket behind the disc on Kid A that has pieces of lyrics from songs on both discs. When I first saw this booklet I thought nothing of those lyrics but then after Amnesiac came out the secret was revealed. ...... It was kind of like a subtle double-album.

If there are so many clues as to there being more to the latest Tool release then I think it's possible they'll follow this one up with a 2nd album that will have a similar style - just like Kid A & Amnesiac. Maybe it will be June 6th and maybe it won't - even if it's 12 months from now that would be fine by me.

gl0tch
04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
GIVE UP.

Seethus
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
GIVE UP.
Amen Brother...

someguy69
04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
exactly...

FistFck
04-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Why is everyone thinking that the "real" album has to be revealed on May 2nd? Or that it has to be June 6th? Radiohead released Kid A in Sept of 2000 and no one really thought that they'd follow that up with a 2nd disc but they did. Amnesiac came out 6 or 9 months later and to me, the two are a double-album. Many people probably don't even realize that it's a double album but any real Radiohead fan knows it is. They sound very similar, they were recorded at the same time and they toured after Amnesiac playing songs off both discs. Plus, there's a hidden booket behind the disc on Kid A that has pieces of lyrics from songs on both discs. When I first saw this booklet I thought nothing of those lyrics but then after Amnesiac came out the secret was revealed. ...... It was kind of like a subtle double-album.

If there are so many clues as to there being more to the latest Tool release then I think it's possible they'll follow this one up with a 2nd album that will have a similar style - just like Kid A & Amnesiac. Maybe it will be June 6th and maybe it won't - even if it's 12 months from now that would be fine by me.

It's a good theory. Who knows though, over time things will sort itself out. In the meantime though, thanks for sharing your opinion, and definately can't wait until the 2nd for the album to come out :) (unless your'e one of the lucky ones who gets its on the 28th or 29th.)

LesHalles
04-26-2006, 09:03 AM
It wasn't a secret that Amnesiac was being released.
And it was released a year later I believe.
It's not really a double album either. Amnesiac is the sister to Kid A.

ProdigyDub
04-26-2006, 09:05 AM

Bad comparison. This is not even a remotely similar situation.

There is no "second album". There's absolutely no evidence to support that idea other than the biased sight of people who don't like what they've heard.

acsguitar
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Well we know how much Tool likes to copy other bands so I'm sure this is true

Aggroculture
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I think Fred Durst is producing the 'real album'.

panocha21
04-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, look, any band that even thinks of releasing a double disc album is wise to not do it. Rather, go the route of Radiohead and release two separate ones. Nine Inch Nails knows this now. I could see why a band would not mention any news about a 2nd album prior to the release of a new one.

But the chances of it happening are still outside six sigma.

paganman7
04-26-2006, 10:04 AM
But... WHERE DID THIS IDEA COME FROM?? Adam's myspace or something like that? Or did we just make it up?

It's made up by people who have a hard time accepting the cold hard facts. Don't waste your time on these theories. Enjoy 10,000 Days for what it is, an amazing album!

Furthurdown
04-26-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't feel this idea has anything to do with not liking or appreciating 10KD. It has more to do with the fact that Tool possibly has another album's worth of songs after recording 10KD, and wondering if they're coheasive enough to have another release in 6 months to a year. In that way, it would be similar to the Kid A/Amnesiac releases.

dekard49
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I think Fred Durst is producing the 'real album'.

I remember when all the hoax shit started I was going to make a joke about a new lyric being: "Tell me wotcha gonna *do* now?"

I'm glad I didnt - "God damn, shit the bed!" is far, far funnier.

Peace.

B C L
04-26-2006, 01:26 PM
No there isn't any proof - I'm just going by what so many people on this site seem to think. Some have even pointed out 25 clues or so.

The main reason why I posted this is because so many people now are coming out and saying that the double-album theory is bullshit now since May 2nd is fast approaching and people know that the actual disc just has the 11 leaked songs. I'm trying to say that if we are all a little patient then maybe we'll have a surprise coming to us down the road a bit. Obviously I don't think we should all get our hopes up too high at all - In fact, I think we're probably best off forgetting about all of this stuff once we get the album on May 2nd. I just wanted to point out that the Kid A / Amnesiac route would be a good way for Tool to "secretly" release another disc. It would probably also make them alot more money doing it that way than just releasing both at once.

(If there was a second disc wouldn't that be funny if the tracks were actually "The Thorn", "Visceral", etc - these were the fake track names)