PDA

View Full Version : Scary Shit

idontmind462
03-26-2003, 01:09 AM
This might scare the shit out of you but it scared me also. Ties in with all that Magick shit. If you don't know what that is, it's a form of Subliminals that the Magician uses to persuade the mind at will. Like to buy someones records.

"I will find a center in you"
(I will get inside your head, without your knowing)

"I will chew it up and leave"
(I will manipulate as I wish)

"Trust me"
(Already has or will)

"I want, what I want"
(Your money)

"Trust in me and fall as well."
(Uh Yea)

"I will work to elevate you
just enough to bring you down."
(I will inspire you with my talent, but in reality just take you farther down, depress you even more)

I'm not suggesting anything, I'm just throwing it out there.

Someguy
04-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by idontmind462
This might scare the shit out of you but it scared me also. Ties in with all that Magick shit. If you don't know what that is, it's a form of Subliminals that the Magician uses to persuade the mind at will. Like to buy someones records.

"I will find a center in you"
(I will get inside your head, without your knowing)

"I will chew it up and leave"
(I will manipulate as I wish)

"Trust me"
(Already has or will)

"I want, what I want"
(Your money)

"Trust in me and fall as well."
(Uh Yea)

"I will work to elevate you
just enough to bring you down."
(I will inspire you with my talent, but in reality just take you farther down, depress you even more)

I'm not suggesting anything, I'm just throwing it out there.

You have a half decent point with the depression thing. Which I take as a song on depression. I may not be looking beyond the obvious, but it's there. The whole song deals with parts of depression in a sense.

"Jesus, won't you fucking whistle,
Something but the past and done..."
*Says to me 'Enough about the past... it's only depression me more.'

"I am just a worthless liar,
I am just an imbecile,
I will only complicate you,
Trust me and fall as well..."
*Speaks of the hopelessness of depression, as in how much you feel you are just poisoning other people sometimes.

XiPHiaS
04-20-2003, 06:59 AM
Aren't those mind-controll lyrics refering to liquer? I mean: that stuff can controll your mind as well and the lyrics fit. (and the songs title is 'sober'...)

revolver_7
04-20-2003, 09:54 AM
its not that scary

idontmind462
04-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Well if you believed it true at all it should be.

gaping_lotus
04-29-2003, 10:55 AM
So, many of you seem to have strong connections to depression with this track, and although I agree fully, there is much to be said for the religious aspects of this song, the concious hiding of feelings and past regrets.

"Jesus won't you fucking whistle, something but the past and done"

refers to Jesus himself, as well as the christian population that has spewed forth the same junk over and over again for 2000 years.

"Mother Mary wont you whisper something but the past and done, Why can't we not be Sober, I just want to start things over, Why, can't we drink forever I just want to start this over, now"

This has less to do with the religious referance, but with the narcotizing of instincts that comes with drinking "forever". It would stupify you into forgetting all the shit that's been shoved down your throat. Later this lyric becomes sleep forever, which also implies avoidance of an issue tht has been dealt with many times before.

"Why can't we sleep forever, I just want to start things over."

So as we progress, I find that the song is more about forgetting the past in order to start anew, whether or not that means sacrificing all of your past to get that chance. Like cutting out a cancer that is so big you re-invent yourself in the process.

Also, the subliminal lyrics, do seem to have more to do with the obvious referances to Sober. Seems to me that Magick and the like are only used by TooL to further confuse everyone. They are not trying to get you to buy their records. If they were, they'd be much, much smarter about it, these referances are more about alcohol addiction and, the struglle to forget oneself.