PDA

View Full Version : adam on the geetar!!!

hbynoe
04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
okay so i know shit about technicalities...
ways to play...pedals..blah blah...i had to start
this thread to say it is a stroke of genius his playing
on this it is so uplifing..moving...earth shattering
i am so happy that he is crawling out of his shell a little
more. makes me excited...jesus fuck 6:27 onwards
pure brilliance in my head.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I think it's great too. He is a little simplistic, and some of his stuff is recycled on this album. But compositionally and rhythmically he is a genius, and also his use of effects. Takes alot of memory and ability to fit everything together like he does, and he has as much artistic sense to go along with it. Yeah I hear a little Hendrix on this song. Sounds sorta Doors'ish too.

Elite
04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
okay so i know shit about technicalities...
ways to play...pedals..blah blah...i had to start
this thread to say it is a stroke of genius his playing
on this it is so uplifing..moving...earth shattering
i am so happy that he is crawling out of his shell a little
more. makes me excited...jesus fuck 6:27 onwards
pure brilliance in my head.

Alright well if you know about the technicalities and stuff I wanted to ask, what pedal exactly does he use? I love that sound that he gets, the distorted notes yet they sound so clean. What is it?

placidium
04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
why do you want to test him? regardless, he thinks it's brilliant, and the ears of a non musician are more dependable than those of musicians.

Holydirt
04-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Alright well if you know about the technicalities and stuff I wanted to ask, what pedal exactly does he use? I love that sound that he gets, the distorted notes yet they sound so clean. What is it?
He said he knows "shit about technicalities" You can't read.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 06:00 PM
I think he meant he actually "doesn't know shit" lol, by the way he phrased that - though I'm not totally sure. We'll have to wait for him to clarify that. But in the meantime, pedals are complicated. Every one even the same type and model can sound a little bit different at the volumes that he plays with. And with Barresi, and Jones together to make this album they had a million pedals to choose from. And plus they are always using mass combinations I think, and certain ones have different settings that can dramatically vary the sounds. Well I'm pretty sure Adam just uses "stompboxes" instead of digital synths. Tell me the exact time of the song you're talking about and I'll give it my best, know a thing or two. He uses alot of chorus, and weird delays on this one.

hbynoe
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
i meant that i know nothing of technicalities...so i can only base what i feel on my auditory and my emotions..and he moves me

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Agreed man. I mean I know a good bit about it, but I try hard to suppress that. I think alot of people (musicians and guitarists) get carried away with that and lose sight of the musical and emotional value of Adam's guitaring. That guitar world article was a great insight on this. And I gotta say he does rip it up on this album though. Alot of it's simple techniques, but the timing and structure is hardly simple. He is a great guitarist, I will stand by that until the day I die.

TheHolyGift
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Adam can play one note and make me shudder out of control. He's a guitar god as far as I'm concerned. Definitely my favorite ever.

dark_Speedo
04-26-2006, 07:34 PM
He's not a great player, but his tone is fucking amazing.

hbynoe
04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Adam can play one note and make me shudder out of control. He's a guitar god as far as I'm concerned. Definitely my favorite ever.
ditto...no one has made me focus on concentrating on picking up the sounds of a guitar like he has..and that is why he has become special to me. his motion, his timing...the way he holds the tone...note..whatever...the way he cradles it and makes it soft..it is so full of love...he may not rip. solo. shred...switch it up often. but at the end of the day it doesn't matter..emotionally his works speaks volumes to me. more so than any other guitarist out there. excluding gilmour :)

praefector
04-26-2006, 11:15 PM
i like all of it but his "solo"

especially that one part where he repeats the same note and pitch with no bend or anything...it makes me cringe every time