PDA

View Full Version : interesting thought...

tidewell
04-25-2006, 07:33 PM
A friend of mine and I were talking about this segue the other day. I know that most of us certainly aren't digging it or just not taking it seriously from what has been posted here so far...

but my friend had an interesting take on it. the way he views the song is almost the beginning of Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned... he hears it all as a 3-part story. Such as "Dave" (from rosetta stoned) goes out on a reservation in the desert to experiment with some peyote from the native americans.... from there he has a bad trip, then an "alien encounter" and then lands in the hospital to tell the doctor his story...

not saying that I defend this idea or not, but thought it was an interesting take on the segue perhaps... at least it's something different from "this sucks" or "what the hell?"

discuss...

Jebussaves
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I can't resist.....

I think your friend may be onto something... I definatley see this possibility. It's is in the same vein as those other two tracks. i could see this in a film adaptation. Only the time between the indian ritual with peyote and the hospital there are beautiful animations that are moving to the Next CDs tracks....

pussErox
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
again...i read somewhere online it is danny and one of his friends (not in the band). it is some sort of an indian ritual that has to do with moving the spirit out of the body after death. ill try to get the link. i was in the middle of reading it, and firefox shutdown on me, and i havent been able to find the fukin page since.

spiiiral
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
again...i read somewhere online it is danny and one of his friends (not in the band). it is some sort of an indian ritual that has to do with moving the spirit out of the body after death. ill try to get the link. i was in the middle of reading it, and firefox shutdown on me, and i havent been able to find the fukin page since.

if this were so itd go much better after the wings series before the pot

i like the original hypothesis of this thread though, too

both seem possible

spiralout11235
04-27-2006, 02:17 PM
you just might be onto something.

bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 02:45 PM
that's kind of how it seemed to me at first too.. but i always assumed he was on acid because of the subtitle of lost keys (blame hofmann)..

as someone has pointed out, it could just be that the doctor *thinks* the guy is on acid, so the "blame hofmann" part is the doctor's view..

but particulars aside, i think you're right..

btw in an interview they said it was an exorcism.

rocco
04-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I agree with the thread opener...in a sense. I made an outline of my opinion on another post, but in terms of stages, Lipan would definitely be representative of altered consciousness, following an evolution from beast (#1), to human struggle (#2, #3, #4) to humanism (#5).

So, Lipan is kind of like the heart chakra. From there is born the spirit, so sez the Hindoos.