PDA

View Full Version : more ringing telephones?

Professor Frink
11-22-2002, 11:24 PM
Just noticed this tonight while listening. May have been mentioned before, but I didn't see it. I thought it was interesting so I thought i'd post:

At approx. the 6:22 mark, I hear a telephone ringing much like in Opiate but much quiter. Of course, it is almost 3am and I could be hearing things :P Just an interesting little tidbit.

povvy
11-23-2002, 02:34 PM
I think what you're hearing is some "tapping" sound (made by Danny I'd assume).

Patrick.

sundryan
11-23-2002, 08:48 PM
I can't seem to pick up on any sort of ringing sound either.

My suggestion: go to bed earlier :)

noisetherapy
11-23-2002, 10:05 PM
you need more sleep i dont hear a thing

Professor Frink
11-23-2002, 10:22 PM
there's something there. Try headphones :) I'm sure it's no big deal though

mare nectaris
11-26-2002, 10:22 AM
I never have heard a phone ringing in The Patient. I have, heard the Opiate phone...

...I do though hear a high frequency tone right when M starts singing... like a 10K cycle overtone....

volcano lance
11-28-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by mare nectaris
I never have heard a phone ringing in The Patient. I have, heard the Opiate phone...

...I do though hear a high frequency tone right when M starts singing... like a 10K cycle overtone....
;)

Iris
12-07-2002, 09:13 AM
During the climax of The Patient I believe I hear someone in the background yelling, "Turn it down!" Or something of the kind. It's like what happens in Sober.

~Iris

ragna16
12-07-2002, 12:20 PM
I hear the same hardly audible noises that show up in every other Tool song.

aeonblue
12-07-2002, 12:55 PM
I have tried to listen to all those sounds and messages but I haven't been able to hear any of them... I have to try tonight with my headphones, I don't want to be the only one who can't hear them :)

Stinkarm
12-11-2002, 08:38 AM
the patient is an APC song (a Perfect Cricle)

Professor Frink
12-11-2002, 01:49 PM
i've actually noticed this noise at a lot of spots throughout the song. Im thinking it's just something from Danny. But it was odd the first time i heard it :)

tiki_god7
12-22-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Stinkarm
the patient is an APC song (a Perfect Cricle)

huh what?? more info on this one please

unumveritas
12-28-2002, 03:30 AM
it does sound like a song that could come from the Howerdel camp, doesn't it? This is interesting, since I've heard a few people mention this observation already. I think the drumming, however, and the bass, give it the Tool signature.

48&2
12-28-2002, 04:32 AM
the patient is not in any way an APC song....

bringerofbasses
12-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Stop smoking/injecting/drinking/eating/whatever it is you do to feel an effect from a substance ...or just go to bed earlier like sundryan said. I don't hear anything, and I'm even expecting to go crazy and hear it myself one day because I'm not sure if ..yeah. I just went off there...er...but no, I don't hear anything at that mark.

Of course..I DO tune alot of things out. Heh.

- Cheers, the bringer of basses.

Professor Frink
12-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by bringerofbasses
Stop smoking/injecting/drinking/eating/whatever it is you do to feel an effect from a substance ...or just go to bed earlier like sundryan said.

Again, I still hear it all the time, but I've come to realize it's just Danny, I suppose (or some other unintentional effect). Not sure why it's so hard to hear.. should be quite simple with headphones, I noticed it without. But it's not a big deal, so don't dwell on it.

bringerofbasses
12-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Professor Frink

Not sure why it's so hard to hear.. should be quite simple with headphones, I noticed it without. But it's not a big deal, so don't dwell on it.

Like I said, I DO tune things out rather well...soo...I dunno, I just don't hear any kind of phone or anything remotely close to it. Though, I am expecting to hear it one day, and freak out because of it - if I haven't already. Heh.

Oh, and that bit about the illegal substances...I was kidding. ;)

- Cheers, the bringer of basses.

seraph
12-30-2002, 08:41 PM
i hear the ringing noise all the time too but my therapist......
....................oh wait................THAT'S WHY

but seriously, i heard it ..most audible one is round 6:24

so what's the verdict...............meh...fuck it

but i was interested in the whole 10K overtone thing and id be refreshed if someone would enlighten me bout that.

+=)