PDA

View Full Version : My band listen give some in put please

heavymetal82690
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30275620&MyToken=82435e1f-fa03-47c9-863e-5b13045acdb8 thanks, and keep in mind that we are all between 15-18 years old.

Wingedson
04-26-2006, 10:48 AM
My suggestions. Your music has a good groove, you guys are all obviously talented. The music needs strong vocals to turn it into something memorable though. While the music is strong, it has a repetitive quality to it that strong vocals can change. There isn't much singing on the track "Torn". Try singing from your balls...I'm serious, as a singer myself I used to sing from my throat all the time, engage your stomach muscles more and really focus on singing from your balls, then write up some more lyrics and really express something that you have passion for so it can come through in your somes. They are a bit dry, not a lot of passion flowing through them. Do you see how the amount of plays goes down in sequence in your song list. That in of itself is a sign that people are losing interest as they continue listening. Just a noticing I thought I would share, not a criticism. To me you sound a LOT like old school black sabbath, which is a fucking compliment. Once again, the VOCALS! They are key, I realize you are probably heavily influenced by Dream Theatre, who is not so focused on Vocals, the catch there is that you are all not quite experienced enough (albeit close) to really pull of a Dream Theatre sound. Don't be afraid to put some vocals in there....your songs seem to ask for them. Listen to some Sabbath, it may give you some Keys to what needs to fit in your music. Besides all that, fucking A you guys sound good, especially for young musicians, keep at it and I can see major, major talent developing.

Wingedson
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I realize I just wrote a ton, but for some reason I felt inspired to say a lot, so take that as a good thing, most bands I don't care enough to say anything. Please take a listen to my own band. Search Ex Cordis on myspace. Please let me know what you think, with any criticisms. There is a thread on here with a link, and where you can post thoughts. Thank you.

heavymetal82690
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I realize I just wrote a ton, but for some reason I felt inspired to say a lot, so take that as a good thing, most bands I don't care enough to say anything. Please take a listen to my own band. Search Ex Cordis on myspace. Please let me know what you think, with any criticisms. There is a thread on here with a link, and where you can post thoughts. Thank you.

Thanks man, and yes, to tell you the truth, we are looking for a lead vocalist as we speek. We are looking for someone with a very diverse sounding voice, but its gonna be difficult to find someone with a really good mature voice when we are still only in highschool, but thanks for replying, and yes ill listen to your band.

heavymetal82690
04-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Ive listened, and you guys sound good too, obvious tool influences. In my own opinion, I think the vocals could be a little down more so it sounds more "inside the music" and not so out infront, but thats just me as a listener. K thanks.