PDA

View Full Version : Flawed

twenty3
04-25-2006, 10:49 AM
The love behind this song for his mother is undeniable; his understanding of salvation is flawed.

We can’t save our selves by good works; or how wonderful our children may think we are or even are not. A person can only be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for our sins.

You must believe!!!

dracomordag
04-25-2006, 10:55 AM
LOLOLOLOL

Nebel
04-25-2006, 11:15 AM
lol

RepelHistory
04-25-2006, 02:34 PM
twenty3, I'm not sure if your post is sarcastic, but Maynard isn't Christian. He's using Christian imagery in the song because his mother, whom this song is about, was a Christian.

QuantumMind
04-26-2006, 10:17 AM
You are all going to Hell I tell you, HELL!!!!! J/k

sound.out.light
04-26-2006, 01:12 PM
The love behind this song for his mother is undeniable; his understanding of salvation is flawed.

We can’t save our selves by good works; or how wonderful our children may think we are or even are not. A person can only be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for our sins.

You must believe!!!

P-O-O-P...poop

bogsnarth
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
back and forth.. forever.

))<>((

#Notion
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I almost laughed as hard as when my parents told me the same thing before they kicked me out the other day. Christianity has thankfully found all the answers to life and put them all in one book. Man, if only we all had enough faith, what a wonderful world this would be...

/sarcasm

holotrope
04-26-2006, 02:27 PM
If one person has a different opinion of 'salvation' than yours, it doesn't make it flawed. Maybe your view is flawed.. ever think about that? Doesn't the Bible say to model yourself after Christ? So isn't the best way to honour his suffering by emulating him? Like by doing good works? or spreading love and compassion? Why would God or Christ value your repentance/belief over your ability to take advantage of your human existence and turn it into something positive?

I'm not saying this is 'the right answer' either, but just that you can't be so sure of something you haven't questioned, and you can't write something off as "flawed" just beacuse it disagrees with what you've been told your whole life.

anyway, you may have been being sarcastic in which case I was waaaay off, but if you weren't then this thread surely belongs in the "Spirituality&Philosphy" forum.

bogsnarth
04-26-2006, 03:34 PM
can i just emulate him by having people flog me and drive nails into my wrists and ankles? cuz, ya know, i'm kinda into that and all, so it'd be pretty convenient.

SoM
04-26-2006, 03:36 PM
*cough*troll*cough*

Perseensilmä
04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
twenty3 = viginti tres

also, Jesus is a hoax

unggodd
04-27-2006, 08:51 AM

You must believe!!!

"How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us" -Pope Leo X (1513 - 1521)

holotrope
04-27-2006, 11:53 AM
can i just emulate him by having people flog me and drive nails into my wrists and ankles? cuz, ya know, i'm kinda into that and all, so it'd be pretty convenient.

um... whatever floats your boat... I guess if you did meditation until you could depart your senses during torture and have out-of-body experiences you could cook some theory up to justify it... you could get by with making up convenient beliefs- people have been doing that for centuries ;-)

/jest

bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 12:05 PM
for the record, my post was also in jest.

p.s.: nice sig. i love i <3 huckabees.

toocooltool
04-27-2006, 12:50 PM
but Maynard isn't Christian.
How the fuck do you know?

bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 02:39 PM
um..

isn't that kind of like saying "how the fuck do you know the sun is not a ball of ice?"

holotrope
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
for the record, my post was also in jest.

p.s.: nice sig. i love i <3 huckabees.

1. I figured

2. Thanks! I've watched that movie an unhealthy number of times...