PDA

View Full Version : LK?

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Does everyone remember when on Toolband they posted the thing about jellybeans and an awesomely epic song refered to as only "LK" and topping out at over 17mins? The only song on this leak that could even resemble "LK" is Lost Keys which I would assume they are combining with Rosetta Stoned to be one track, which is only 15 mins. So whats the deal? Did they omit part of the original track or do we just not yet have the complete story here?

Forgive me if anyone said anything about this yet, but I am failry new and did attempt a search but came up with nothing.

indelible inc.
04-25-2006, 07:22 AM
I think LK was the pre-name for the Wings series. I believe I read a thread where someone debased this theory in regards to "the hoax".

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
OK that makes more sense, especially since I view wings as more "epic" than Rosetta Stoned.

jillmt
04-25-2006, 07:29 AM
In my opinion, Lipan Conjuring, Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) and Rosetta Stoned all flow into one another. Add those together, and you get over 17 minutes....

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Hadn't thought of that, but still Blair described it as being epic and their best work yet. And while I do enjoy Rosetta Stoned I wouldn't describe it as such.

jillmt
04-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Blair described it as being epic and their best work yet. And while I do enjoy Rosetta Stoned I wouldn't describe it as such.

I agree...love the songs, but don't feel that it is their absolute best. Tons of other tunes could be considered their best before the three at hand.

holotrope
04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
he was probbaly referring to Wings pt 1&2... but then again Blair is really into the whole esoteric learning/alien abduction/drugs as keys to spiritual revelation/cryptic meaning thing, so maybe he does think LC+LK+Rosetta Stoned is their best work... just a thought...

Volrath
04-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Hadn't thought of that, but still Blair described it as being epic and their best work yet. And while I do enjoy Rosetta Stoned I wouldn't describe it as such.
I will refer you now to this thread: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43208
Please take it 100% seriously. Thank You

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I will refer you now to this thread: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43208
Please take it 100% seriously. Thank You

not gonna filter through 5+ pages to find your point... explain?

Volrath
04-25-2006, 09:31 AM
not gonna filter through 5+ pages to find your point... explain?
You couldn't get my point by reading the title of the thread? You know this one:
Rosetta Stoned alone > complete Lateralus album.
That's just being lazy :)

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 09:58 AM
You couldn't get my point by reading the title of the thread? You know this one:
That's just being lazy :)

Oh I see, you where making a point by refrencing me to a thread that has the same opinion as you.

Rather than just saying "Rosetta stoned is better than all of Lateralus". See I thought there was something more relevent IN the actual thread, not just the title.

indelible inc.
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
The world is full of angry people.

Volrath
04-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh I see, you where making a point by refrencing me to a thread that has the same opinion as you.

Rather than just saying "Rosetta stoned is better than all of Lateralus". See I thought there was something more relevent IN the actual thread, not just the title.
Yeah I know, guess I was being lazy too.

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah I know, guess I was being lazy too.

We are a little lazy sometimes.

Descencia
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
sex

Yard Man
04-25-2006, 10:41 AM
sex

Wonderully stated.

You get a gold star.

spiiiral
04-25-2006, 12:30 PM

guys, rosetta stoned is not that phenomenal of a song.

there, i said it.

and to even compare it to lateralus?

jesus christ.

yossaricat
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
In my opinion, Lipan Conjuring, Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) and Rosetta Stoned all flow into one another. Add those together, and you get over 17 minutes....

maybe the chap in rosetta stoned took peyote or ayahuasca. not sure about the apache tribe but the yaquis use peyote to conjure spirit guides and entrance into the "spirit" world so a sorcerer can perform magic or shaman may "see" . it is the only thing , in my opinion, linking the native american theme to the bugged out tripping and being abducted by aliens one.

spiiiral
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
maybe the chap in rosetta stoned took peyote or ayahuasca. not sure about the apache tribe but the yaquis use peyote to conjure spirit guides and entrance into the "spirit" world so a sorcerer can perform magic or shaman may "see" . it is the only thing , in my opinion, linking the native american theme to the bugged out tripping and being abducted by aliens one.

i think youre on target here w/ the ayahuasca

especially since to me it seems more like a DMT trip than LSD