View Full Version : vocal harmonics

hbynoe
04-24-2006, 10:58 PM
the vocal harmony on this track is just so layered and beautiful
this would be superb to see live...my god..i cant believe still
what they have done

mancalledsun
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Has anyone noticed a slight 'system of a down' feel to maynard's vocals in this song? Some of his harmonies reeks of Serj... which I found pretty cool!

CaseLogic
04-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Has anyone noticed a slight 'system of a down' feel to maynard's vocals in this song? Some of his harmonies reeks of Serj... which I found pretty cool!

I'm not quite sure what you mean... you mean that kind of 'arabic' sound to his vocals? Also, "reeks" and "cool" aren't really words that compliment each other well in the sentence, use better word choice next time =P

RepelHistory
04-26-2006, 08:33 PM
the vocal harmony on this track is just so layered and beautiful
this would be superb to see live...my god..i cant believe still
what they have done

The only problem with seeing this live is that Maynard's only got one voice, so you'd miss out on those awesome vocal harmonies. That said, I think seeing this song being performed live would be any experience I'd never forget. It's really a shame that Tool is spending the vast majority of their tour in Europe. I was upset about it before I heard the album (having never seen them live), but after hearing Wings Pt 2 I was absolutely devastated that I won't get to see them perform this masterpiece.