PDA

View Full Version : listenting to hard?

DRoehl
11-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Okay i have a question for you tool fans. i have noticed that in many songs off the newest album there is point where oyu can here maynard or someone else singing or speaking though too faint to make out i wonder if anyone else who listens as hard as i do hears these things. i noticed them in parabol and ticks and leeches and other songs too let me know if you hear them too or if i am just insane.

ragna16
11-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Worry not. They're there, of course noone ever has any chance of understanding what they're saying. They fit into the piece but sound like murmurs, cuz that's what they are supposed to be. In Ticks&Leeches the murmurs are loud and obvious though, they couldn't have been 'snuck in', or 'missed'.

joshuacureton
11-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ragna16
Worry not. They're there, of course noone ever has any chance of understanding what they're saying. They fit into the piece but sound like murmurs, cuz that's what they are supposed to be. In Ticks&Leeches the murmurs are loud and obvious though, they couldn't have been 'snuck in', or 'missed'.
those voices are insanity creeping in. youre going nuts. you are nuts. you are insane. there are voices, but they are voices only you can hear. thats the body holding you. yours just happens to be damaged. not that im insulting you. of course. many artists are notoriously insane. like me. totally nuts. why do i roam free? dunno. these words are poison. words define insanity. not behaviour. its the words that the prison guards want to prevent you from hearing. words are magic. the words you hear are in your head. you are insane. yes you are. the power of suggestion.

joshuacureton
11-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by joshuacureton

those voices are insanity creeping in. youre going nuts. you are nuts. you are insane. there are voices, but they are voices only you can hear. thats the body holding you. yours just happens to be damaged. not that im insulting you. of course. many artists are notoriously insane. like me. totally nuts. why do i roam free? dunno. these words are poison. words define insanity. not behaviour. its the words that the prison guards want to prevent you from hearing. words are magic. the words you hear are in your head. you are insane. yes you are. the power of suggestion.
boy, youre so right. whew! thank god you finally decided to speak. that josh is some smart dude. his third eye must be open.

ragna16
11-23-2002, 05:58 PM
All the crazies live in California though.

joshuacureton
11-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ragna16
All the crazies live in California though.
wow

Jerk off
12-02-2002, 08:40 AM
no no, all the really crazy crazies live in Indiana

LyingRealist
12-08-2002, 08:03 PM
You obviously havent been to New Zealand.
Then you will be able to define the term crazy with the depth and understanding that is required.

=)

xSaveXmondaYx
01-16-2003, 01:58 PM
i'm not crazy!!! California is sane!!! what are you talking about?!? lol

TheHollowMan
01-20-2003, 04:30 PM
nothing's as crazy as the dream i'm in
(hahaha trumped all of ya!)

holy reality
01-25-2003, 11:33 AM
every time I hear parabola at the start some "crash" sound comes in in the right ear and it always sounds like someone saying my name..... thats insanity for you

anyway I noticed the part in parabol, its around 1:40-2:00 but i'm not even sure if its vocals or not, it could just be weird noises

Thrakandor
01-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by LyingRealist
You obviously havent been to New Zealand.
Then you will be able to define the term crazy with the depth and understanding that is required.

=)

Amen :)

Thrakandor
01-27-2003, 03:03 AM
I'm sure that some of the murmurs during the quiet section are

"Suck me dry
You're killing me
Killing me
Suck
Suck me dry"

There are also some similar murmurings in Eulogy that I can't pick out, they appear after he sings

"You could be the one that saves me from my own existance"

and before he sings

"Yea, standing above the crowd
He had a voice that was strong and loud and I swallowed his facade..."

01-27-2003, 12:56 PM
What about the whispering in Stinkfist? Chupa minha pica pichu or something like that. Its portugeese and means suck my dick. But if you've read the FAQ you'd already know that.

dissemblance
02-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerk off
no no, all the really crazy crazies live in Indiana all the really crazy fucks live on the outside,in utero waiting to be born unto all that really understand who we are as a race of national borne prisoners of our own freedoms--aaahhhh they got mee braaaain and meee lucky charms(part of your balanced breakfast)youll never take meee aliive,haahaahaahaa! =(420=)