PDA

View Full Version : encounter with musical unknown

knot0fvipers
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
is anyone else who is pretty sure this is a fake going to do what i would like to do.
i am trying to figure out at what point to stop reading this board, then go to the store on may 2nd, grab the cd and look at it as little as possible.
bring it home and pop it in the cd player and then see what is going on.
if the leak was real i will enjoy the final fully mastered version of the album with artwork.
if the leak was fake......then something will happen in the moments that you realize the leak was fake that will be totally unmatchable as far as listening to music goes, ever.
i think i am probly going to stop reading this until may 3rd just incase some news comes out. i really think anyone who somewhat believes this leak to be fake to do the same, it would be untouchable.

Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
i was thinking this too, but i am so occupied with this hoax theory that i need to know the truth ASAP, it is only 5 days till i will have the album, but 3 till it comes out in aus, so we will know for certain then.

someone in aus has to promise me they will go and buy it at midnight, listen to it then post to say: 10 000 days came out, or 10 000 days did NOT come out, something else did.

knot0fvipers
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
ahh comeon, i guess i will stick around here until tomarrow but it would be so much better to have the excitement of driving home with the actual cd then hearing it for yourself than just some text message, you wont believe it either way until you hear it.
actually im pretty sure we will get two conflicting reports in all this maddness from oz anyway.

Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
how would it be conflicting?

either it will be a 1 disc 10 000 days album, or something else.

visionary
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't understand all this talk or a fake leak. IF, for say, the album I have been enjoying for the last week or so WAS indeed fake and released only to protect the actual album, I will probably shit my pants. To have such an amazing album created soley as a front would be amazing! I'd almost rather because there is NO WAY the album I have is anyone other than Tool themselves...sooooo, unless I am terribly confused, this is a win/win situation.

sonicdescent
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I really do not understand what is fueling the hoax rumors.

fault
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM

I believe it's as simple as people being wholeheartadly dissappointed in the album, can't believe Tool would make an album like this - and are wishing theres more to the story.

knot0fvipers
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I believe it's as simple as people being wholeheartadly dissappointed in the album, can't believe Tool would make an album like this - and are wishing theres more to the story.

no....for me its the production difference between vicarious and the other tracks is what started me thinking this was a fake. With what was said i was expecting something "heavier" but overall i was expecting the unexpected.
I think whoever said this is tool's "animals" album was spot on. I love "animals" but I can't even imagine what hardcore pink floyd fans thought of it when it was released after prior releases.

Really the monkey wrench in the conspiracy has always been Wings Part 2.
If there is truely a new rip where you can actually hear new things and all tracks sound like modern production then that puts the conspiracy to bed for me and the mantra of this board should turn to the next album "taking out The Wall", in some kind of shaivite dance of annhilation.

fault
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Aye. Agreed.. There is another rip, and it's considerably better quality than the mp4. I shared the view vicarious was mixed better than the rest, however this flattens that theory also.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 09:39 PM

It's the FACTS that are fueling the hoax theory. There are some dumb posts on the subject, but most of the posts are well thought out. All you have to do is read the first post on each of the hoax threads and it will become obvious - if listening to the album isn't enough.

As for what to do... My last final is on May 3rd, so I am not going to buy it until then.

I found this picture http://homepage.ntlworld.com/edmundprorok/10000lols.jpg I don't know if it's authenticity has been disproved, but it looks like the photos that were released, and look at what it says, "WARNING SOME SONGS MAY SUCK." Yeah I found that out.

Zeus
04-25-2006, 06:44 AM
It's the FACTS that are fueling the hoax theory. There are some dumb posts on the subject, but most of the posts are well thought out. All you have to do is read the first post on each of the hoax threads and it will become obvious - if listening to the album isn't enough.

As for what to do... My last final is on May 3rd, so I am not going to buy it until then.

I found this picture http://homepage.ntlworld.com/edmundprorok/10000lols.jpg I don't know if it's authenticity has been disproved, but it looks like the photos that were released, and look at what it says, "WARNING SOME SONGS MAY SUCK." Yeah I found that out.

It can't possibly be this picture and a little photoshop magick can it? http://www.theninhotline.net/toolnews/archives/news.images/xmdays_package.jpg

Yeah, probably not.