PDA

View Full Version : About that new packaging picture

CallofCthulhu
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
The dude who posted it said its ONE disc, disregard the second, but I've been looking at that closely. I dont think that second cd could be on the desk behind the picture. First of all, you can see the sleeve expanding and moving around the cd. Also, it looks too close to the camera to be sitting on the desk, AND the angle of the disc is too angular to be sitting flat on the table.. I still believe its a single disc though, but nevertheless, discuss.

deity
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
one of two things happened in my opinion.

1st someone is fucking with us by putting a cd behind it perfectly to make it look like a 2 disc.

2nd its 2 cd's

just more fuel to fire the burning hoax

CallofCthulhu
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
one of two things happened in my opinion.

1st someone is fucking with us by putting a cd behind it perfectly to make it look like a 2 disc.

2nd its 2 cd's

just more fuel to fire the burning hoax

Right. I mean, it is CLEARLY a second cd in that package. Whether its a 2nd Tool disc remains to be seen. But look at the border around it, its obviously black. Most cd-rs are silverish in color. Yea there are some black ones.......but I mean...........yaaaaaaaa

Nevermind, what I just said doesn't make sense.

Holydirt
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
It's on the table. Look at the lighting. If it were coming out of the sleve, light would reflect off of the cd and make a glare. You can tell this, because there is a dull glare coming off of the cd case itself.

CallofCthulhu
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
It's on the table. Look at the lighting. If it were coming out of the sleve, light would reflect off of the cd and make a glare. You can tell this, because there is a dull glare coming off of the cd case itself.

Light is reflecting off the cd on an angle because the sleeve is folded upwards, not flat against the desk.

I just put Lateralus on the nightstand next to my computer right underneathe my lamp. Looking from a slightly downward angle the strech of reflection on the cd is rather large, but if you turn the cd on an angle as it looks in the picture the bend gets smaller, just like in the pic. Also, you can obviously see the sleeve moving around the cd. If it were on the desk #1 the sleeve wouldn't be out so much and #2 you could see the whole sleeve.

Upon zooming in on the picture I just noticed another thing. What the hell kind of footwear is that dude/laday wearing? Christmas moccasins?

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Who posted this? Can't he just take pictures of the rest of the packaging?

Tool wasn't kidding when they said they were taking measures to prevent leaks. You can't even tell how many discs are in this thing. They seem to have thought of everything.

Touche bitches.

liquidswordz
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
WHY WOULD THE GUY THAT TOOK THE PICTURE SAY ITS ONLY ONE DISC IF IT WAS TWO!!!?????!!! the album is coming out in a couple of days. we would know if it was two discs.

HalfASandwidch
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Wow this is fucking crazy. Open your goddamn eyes. That's a cd lying ON the desk flipped over. It's not coming out of the sleeve. It's not the second tool cd we've all been hoping for. Ya need to stop over-analyzing shit. Seriously.

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
well that would be why I asked who posted it...

you see because if it was someone who wanted to trick us then...

i hope you see what i'm getting at.

and for the love of god I didn't say i believed in the hoax, so let me just cut you off right there.

stfu

HalfASandwidch
04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
well that would be why I asked who posted it...

you see because if it was someone who wanted to trick us then...

i hope you see what i'm getting at.

and for the love of god I didn't say i believed in the hoax, so let me just cut you off right there.

stfu
Hmm I don't see anyone flaming you. Stop talking please.

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
it was a pre-emptive strike and it was necessary because of the level of hostility on these boards these days

HalfASandwidch
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
it was a pre-emptive strike and it was necessary because of the level of hostility on these boards these days
It's good to be prepared...

NO YOU FUCK OFF!
^^ pre-emptive strike

ChristianTroy
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
The dude who posted it said its ONE disc, disregard the second, but I've been looking at that closely. I dont think that second cd could be on the desk behind the picture. First of all, you can see the sleeve expanding and moving around the cd. Also, it looks too close to the camera to be sitting on the desk, AND the angle of the disc is too angular to be sitting flat on the table.. I still believe its a single disc though, but nevertheless, discuss.

Oh don't pay any attention to that other CD that looks like it's sticking out of the cd case. Also, please disregard the man behind the curtain.

magnolia
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
That would be a shitty way to package two discs. Besides, that ISN'T the package "wrapping around the second disc"... the line you're seeing that you think looks like the edge of the package... is just the white grid border that's clearly visible everywhere else on the desk.

HalfASandwidch
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Oh don't pay any attention to that other CD that looks like it's sticking out of the cd case. Also, please disregard the man behind the curtain.
ESPECIALLY the man behind the curtain.

SomethingSpecial
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Are you all talking about this pic?

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict00324no.jpg

what cd on the desk are you talking about.. I only see 1 cd

04-24-2006, 08:34 PM
who the hell where's socks like that... i can't believe a person with blue socks w/red stars got an advanced copy...

CallofCthulhu
04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Uh.............yes.........that is the sleeve wrapped around the disc. That line is visible no where else in that pic.

SomethingSpecial
04-24-2006, 08:40 PM
And wtf are the holes in the cover? hmmm

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Are you all talking about this pic?

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict00324no.jpg

what cd on the desk are you talking about.. I only see 1 cd
look on the far right of the picture

that's what is being discussed

sonicdescent
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Isn't that the supposed "stereoscope viewer"?

sonicdescent
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM

I love how the one guy who could have ended this debate takes the picture in the only way possible that would fuel the fire even more.

SomethingSpecial
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM

K, I see it. I'm more curious about the socks now.

FistFck
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
the holes are glass pieces used to view the stereoscopic images (in the booklet inderneath the cd in the middle. the picture was posted by some guy in louxembourg, and he currently is sleeping, which is why we cant get anymore pics or answers. (anyone know the timezone for louxembourge?? its next to germany and france, underneath belgium, i think). i dunno bout that cd sticking out on the right, whether its on the table or coming out of the package... guess we will find out more soon.

comatose
04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
who the hell where's socks like that... i can't believe a person with blue socks w/red stars got an advanced copy...

Someone do a trace on all blue sock w/red&white stars sold in the past 5 years.
Start with that bastard Blair.

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I love how the one guy who could have ended this debate takes the picture in the only way possible that would fuel the fire even more.
lol i like to watch things burn...

I take no sides on the hoax, I was just answering the man's question.

sifted
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
where the hell do you people see a sock?
are you talking about the thing in the top right corner? bc that doesn't look like a sock.

comatose
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM

Glory holes, Maynard has two dicks for us to suck off.

comatose
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
where the hell do you people see a sock?
are you talking about the thing in the top right corner? bc that doesn't look like a sock.

Pull the foot out of your ass and look at it. See the sock now?

Sine Nobilitas
04-24-2006, 09:18 PM
hint: bottom of picture, on the feet

edit: this is like those old I SPY books

sifted
04-24-2006, 09:21 PM
hint: bottom of picture, on the feet

edit: this is like those old I SPY books

ahhh, thanks. my computer screen was not bright enough, wow. now i see it. except now the screen is definitely too bright.

Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Sine Nobilitas is right i think. everyone here is forgetting that tool have not released ANY advance copies, the stores don't have it yet either. noone has the album except the band, but yet there is leaked audio, and now leaked pictures, both from mysteriously unknown sources.

comatose
04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Sine Nobilitas is right i think. everyone here is forgetting that tool have not released ANY advance copies, the stores don't have it yet either. noone has the album except the band, but yet there is leaked audio, and now leaked pictures, both from mysteriously unknown sources.

It was Lewis Libby.

FistFck
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
LMAO

Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
who dat?

Absent Mind
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM

if the cd was on the desk, the cover that is slightly tilted upward would have cast a shadow on the disc making too dark to really see. 2nd cd? I hope to god yes.

SomethingSpecial
04-24-2006, 11:04 PM
This thread makes me want to shoot myself.

_*BANG*_

Masses
04-24-2006, 11:05 PM
that was so emo

Nietzsche's Dead
04-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Touche bitches.

:D!!!!

motherfucking laugh-out-loud :D

chalk_line
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Glory holes, Maynard has two dicks for us to suck off.
funniest post i've read in days

gem_37
04-25-2006, 12:03 AM
i think its just another cd under the digipack

comatose
04-25-2006, 06:56 AM
i think its just another cd under the digipack

Scew more CD's, what this album needs is a secret decoder ring to
decrypt Blairs nonsensical jibba jabba.

trisw
04-25-2006, 06:58 AM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43848