PDA

View Full Version : Wroung placing for this song??

Dirty_doris
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I dont no about anyone else but i was listening last night to 10000 days and i was totally in a trace from that song, then the Pot came on and it was quite a sudden change and distroys the mood. I think its still a good song but it just doesnt seem to flow in this area.

Anyone else think this is a bit of a weird place to put it. Although its hard to see where else it could go. maybe before wings for marie??

Dr. Jake Destructo
04-24-2006, 07:21 PM
It should be nowhere near Wings, that's for sure. Especially after..

abrack29
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I think Wings/Days should be last. Viginti Tres is a horrible way to end.

Dirty_doris
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
nah i like where wings/days is, its shouldnt be the ending tracks. I would have purfered to have an ending like third eye. maybe a long just weird part that eventually braks into a kick ass song. but i guess if they did that it would annoy soo many people as they would say its too similar again. lol

AshleyDyan
04-24-2006, 10:41 PM
In Lateralus there was a song that didn't seem to fit with the rest of the album, as well. Something that always catches my attention from this song is the line "Difficult to dance 'round this one, 'till you pull it out." My first reaction to that line was that it was refering to the entire song. I realize that's totally unfounded, but it was just my first thought.

molehill
04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree with the OP. The intro to The Pot is horribly grating after the beauty of Wings. I assume that this is what the band wanted, but I think Lipan Conjuring after Wings, then The Pot would have been much better.

IMHO, of course.

ProdigyDub
04-24-2006, 11:24 PM
I love the contrast from the end of Wings to the Pot.

Seethus
04-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I love the contrast from the end of Wings to the Pot.
I think it allows you to lighten up after such heavy subject matter as wings/days.
Its good where it is.