PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill?

Scrunzset
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Any of you seen Silent Hill yet? It's pretty much like a 2-hour Tool/NIN/Manson video.

Don't want to give away the story, but it kinda gives a parallel but relevant meaning to "10,000 days in the fire is long enough, you're going home"

I'm wondering if the album would go along with this movie....

tendencytoatrophy
04-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Thats funny man, I just saw that yesterday and When I first saw that weird thing walking around that the cop shoots in the street I said to my brother " is this a tool video?" I think that yes the rest of the movie is somewhat of a parallel to wings for sure, I dont think that was on purpose but it certainly is a cool coincidence!

DaMa
04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
You lucky US bastards. I cant wait to watch Silent Hill. Been waiting for a movie about it since the first game came out.

MorfiusX
04-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I liked a lot of the costuming. I loved the pointy headed guy. Though, one thing both my wife and I cracked up about was the nurses. They reminded me of the Thriller video...

Scrunzset
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
I liked a lot of the costuming. I loved the pointy headed guy. Though, one thing both my wife and I cracked up about was the nurses. They reminded me of the Thriller video...

That part with the nurses actually made me squirm in my seat... when she turns off the light and they stop moving, and you KNOW she's gonna try to sneak through them. I don't recall the last time a horror movie actually affected me like this. One of the more original horror movies I've seen in years.

Did you know that almost all of the monsters were people in costumes? I saw the trailer, and I could've sworn it was CG. But I watched a featurette online, and it shows them filming the movie with people in suits. Pretty damned cool.

MorfiusX
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Did you know that almost all of the monsters were people in costumes? I saw the trailer, and I could've sworn it was CG. But I watched a featurette online, and it shows them filming the movie with people in suits. Pretty damned cool.
Yes. A live person is still more realistic that 95% of the CG still. I know, I am a perfectionist and over analytical. They did a good job of making everything look convincing without it looking like plastic while still having a "video game feel". They did use a lot of CG however.

But, back to topic: Yeah, the monster that the cop shoots looks like something Adam would do.

randomhero8823
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
triangle head dude was a dominator

dracomordag
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
how could anyone actually like this movie

gtfo, plz

FistFck
04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
i havent seen it. is it worth the money?

randomhero8823
04-24-2006, 06:39 PM
i havent seen it. is it worth the money?

maybe

black_rose
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I seen it today, its not that bad there is some very suspicious acting. Best game to movie translation yet, surely.

randomhero8823
04-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I seen it today, its not that bad there is some very suspicious acting. Best game to movie translation yet, surely.

what about Super Mario Bros?? LMAO!!!!! i mean LIMH!

Scrunzset
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah y'all... Pyramid Head pwns ALL. I couldn't believe that shit that happened after he got to the top of the steps to the church. That's when I actually started getting into the film... and Alice Krige.... FUCK does she kick ass in everything that she does.

tomatoms
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
DUDE THE FIEND!! FUCK YEAH! I exclaimed something really loud, can't remember what, when that dude came around the corner with that big ass sword. sweetest thing i ever seen on screen. and the whole 'christian ripping' scene at the end rocked. definately gonna be an awesome dvd for the frame by frame.. i think ima go see it again at the theaters tho, just for the sound effects.

Tool was on when i got out of the movie.

Chris Myth
04-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Good effects, that's about it... never played the game though...