PDA

View Full Version : Look...

GernBlanston
03-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Look at the list of tracks to lateralus.

they seem to form a silhouette of some sort.

blur your eyes.

what do you see?

(ticks & leeches is so fitting. suck me dry)

eulogy508
04-01-2003, 07:01 AM
yeah, maybe i might believe you on that one if your avatar wasn't marijuiana!

munkyman
04-10-2003, 09:04 PM
hahaha, people that smoke pot can't have good ideas! that was such a close minded statement dude, you're definately hearing tool, but not listening

Nirvana
04-10-2003, 10:54 PM
he may have a good point there... let him explain!

paraflux
04-11-2003, 08:25 AM
When people say other people are closed-minded, they themselves are closing their minds to the fact that they could be wrong. Being closed-minded is, again, perceived by the individual for the individual, not across the board.

XiPHiaS
04-12-2003, 08:02 AM
I think it is impossible to be totally open-minded. People can't function without their prejudices. You can't get to know someone before you even say something back.
What makes someone open-minded is allowing others to defend their opinion and admitting you were wrong if that person convinces you.

Wataru
04-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by munkyman
hahaha, people that smoke pot can't have good ideas! that was such a close minded statement dude, you're definately hearing tool, but not listening

Perhaps it was what us earth people often refer to as a joke. Maybe not, also.

Anyone who posts on this message board must have some degree of open-mindedness, because they're willing to look at what other people have to say about Tool. And being willing to look is in turn being at least slightly open-minded.
(Hypothetical Syllogism, baby, BooYah!)

random_1
04-24-2003, 11:56 PM
u dont have to understand tool to fully enjoy them.
well not so much understand, but try to relate and explain

see i used to listern to tool alll the time and never think about what the songs really meant
its only been this last month iv been getting to involved and trying to make some sense outta this music that drives me crazy. im guessing some of you know what im talking about
this is what brings people here to make some sense

tool piss me off, because i know i want ever fully understand them unless i can pass through to 46 and 2

Wataru
04-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, random_1... I've been listening to Tool for a while, and then I was just listening to 'The Grudge' about a week or two ago. And I heard them say 'Scarlet Letterman" and I was like...
"WHAT THE HELL??? Did they just reference Nathaniel Hawthorne!?!?

That's when I clued in that Tool might actually have something to say.

As for understanding them, I don't really need to do that. But there's alot that Tool has to say, and it's all worth listening to. And most of it I'll learn something from. So, in the end, I've improved myself. Thank you, Tool.

random_1
04-25-2003, 04:09 AM
i just think what he writes about like the concepts people come up with that there song means are so so. carnt think of a word
i could never of thought of such a thing in my life, its kinda gettten to me. my friends told me to download Third Eye, ages ago and allwats liked it and the cool snippets at the start but now i listern to it for fucken hour a day.

i spos it has made me for aware, but i find im more happy in a sheltered world. all this is to much to think about it.

haha i need to lighten up. i might go get wasted and partythat will help