PDA

View Full Version : 5:13 sweet jesus

tool991
04-23-2006, 08:24 PM
just pure goodness and then blown away at 5:23...

Praise Tool.

The Sky
04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Yep! I also love when Maynard comes back in around 7:09. Best song on the album.

eonphi
04-24-2006, 01:37 AM
point

Untamed
04-24-2006, 05:45 AM

Praise Tool.

5:23 - 5:44 paying respect to Tom Morello. Badass.

Grudge76
04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Tool jamming out in 11

hells yea

lemonwater
05-03-2006, 11:51 PM

Praise Tool.honesty i cried but not the first time only after the 2 listen right after(make a club) truly tears the song makes me weep anyone ells we all have to evolve

resonance.
05-04-2006, 12:00 AM

Praise Tool.

I think what you meant to say was

"just pure Pushit and then fuckin gay at 5:23"

BallsOfSatan
05-05-2006, 11:15 PM
ok fine. but what is maynard singing from 5:46-until the TIMMEHH! thing starts in? lol here we go with the timmeh thing again.

smeefsmeef
05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
"fight over stan, over cartman, over chef and
fight over Kyle, over Kenny, over cartman's mom
what about TIMMEH? He killed Kenny"

evil agent
05-06-2006, 10:06 AM
HOLY FUCK.

I just discovered this part too. Even though I've heard the song about 5 times, I never really noticed how amazing this all was until right now. Definitely some of the best climactic stuff Tool has ever put together! It rivals and maybe surpasses the ending of 46&2!

BallsOfSatan
05-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Epic stuff.right up there with Lateralus, 46&2, Aenema.

AlltheteainChina
05-06-2006, 08:19 PM

just pure pushit....straight from the cool clean mountains of milwaulkee. Now inculding fuckin gay at 5:23.

iscar
05-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Yep! I also love when Maynard comes back in around 7:09. Best song on the album.

You know what ive been listening to this song all this week, and i agree. Tough choice, but yes best song of the album. Loving this CD more and more :D

7:09, spot on, amazing. This song is starting to do for me what a number of songs on aenima and lateralus did.

Zaxang
05-07-2006, 07:37 PM
/signed OP.

5:45 and on is just pure heaven instrumentally. Absolutely beautiful.

Vicarious_Lee
05-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I would like to extend my personal thanks to the entire TOOL crew, Maynard James Keenan, Adam Jones, Justin Chancellor, and Danny Carey, For pulling of yet another great Fucking ALBUM, it is unlike anything I've heard before, truly Godlike

spiraldogma
05-07-2006, 11:02 PM
this album and this song in particular just will not stop growing on me

Fit4Demolition
05-08-2006, 04:59 AM
i never really got around to listening to this song much, but tonight at work i listened to it three times in a row and i think the guitar and bass work are the best on the album. you know its good when you just start smiling when listening. great song.

zacharyv
05-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Truly beautiful. I really don't care for people bashing this song, or any other songs, or each other for that matter all over these effing boards. I think about pointless bashing whenever I listen to this... not to say that's what mr. lyricist was thinking of when he wrote this! Maynard's intension in writing it was a bit more relevant than all of the whiners on here bitching and shitting on each other.
Uh, anyway, beautiful song. My favorite song at the moment.

beligerentfokker
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
good shit, maynard

APOCALYPSEENSABAHNUR
05-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, you talking about "Rieght in Too"?

No, I agree totally-- that song blows.

I mean, "Monkeys" right?

What's up with that?

You're all gay.

APOCALYPSEENSABAHNUR
05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
rif***e

APOCALYPSEENSABAHNUR
05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
rifuckage

Vicari0us
05-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Can someone tell me if the "Timmeh" shout is in the actual cd version of 10kd? I havent been able to get the cd yet!

][ncognito
05-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Can someone tell me if the "Timmeh" shout is in the actual cd version of 10kd? I havent been able to get the cd yet!

Yes

charliehodge
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I would like to extend my personal thanks to the entire TOOL crew, Maynard James Keenan, Adam Jones, Justin Chancellor, and Danny Carey, For pulling of yet another great Fucking ALBUM, it is unlike anything I've heard before, truly Godlike

That might be pushing it but this is truly another Tool monster right up there with the top of the heap.

annie
05-09-2006, 11:33 PM
i love the song, my favorite to sing cause it rumbles in my chest, but i don't think it's the best. i'm waiting for it to grow on me a bit. the meanest thing i can say about it, and don't really agree with it, but it would fit on emotive. it would rival passive indeed. just a little too straight forward for my tastes lyrically, but there may be some crazy symbolic puzzle that ties in somewhere else.

fuck me, danny is amazing. while the lyrics don't get me going maynard nails every phrase. adam and justin have proven themselves so much that by the time i get to this song i expect no less.

when it ends, i listen again

APOCALYPSEENSABAHNUR
05-10-2006, 06:24 AM
i love the song, my favorite to sing cause it rumbles in my chest, but i don't think it's the best. i'm waiting for it to grow on me a bit. the meanest thing i can say about it, and don't really agree with it, but it would fit on emotive. it would rival passive indeed. just a little too straight forward for my tastes lyrically, but there may be some crazy symbolic puzzle that ties in somewhere else.

fuck me, danny is amazing. while the lyrics don't get me going maynard nails every phrase. adam and justin have proven themselves so much that by the time i get to this song i expect no less.

when it ends, i listen again

Seriously though, when I first heard the entire CD I thought: Man, the instrumentals are (pretty much) fucking awesome, but it sounds like Maynard singing in his shitty eMOTIVE, and Thirteenth Step CDs. Especially the powerful notes on Vicarious, which sound actually like Mer De Normss, but that still is not TOOL.

Instumentals are great (even though they at first sounded to me like they took TOO MUCH inspiration from Meshhugahh)

Maynard's vocals are not.

The lyrics are not as creative as their other CD's.

So, even though i'm SATISFIED with the instrumentals (there is just no forgiving Viginti Tres) Maynard's Vocals canceled them out.

hbynoe
05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
not my fave song on the album but
i am definitely starting to warm up to it
the fucking end is beautiful and danny's drums here are a miracle

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 01:13 AM
I thought: Man, the instrumentals are (pretty much) fucking awesome, but it sounds like Maynard singing in his shitty eMOTIVE, and Thirteenth Step CDs. .

Thirteenth Step Was not shit, and emotive, was actually rather good (compared to shit you hear on the radio) sure for apc it wasn't great, but musically by itself it's a decent albumn -.-
i'm so sick of people bashing it

theprosperone
05-11-2006, 01:14 AM
I think that most people who bash Emotive have no idea what the originals of those songs sound like.

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 01:15 AM

no.......... what i actually meant to say was go and fucking die

get off your fucking pedestal and actually listen to the freaking song.
there is NO COMPARISON between pushit and right in two.
Geez........

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I think that most people who bash Emotive have no idea what the originals of those songs sound like.
ditto

evil agent
05-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I love Emotive. Though I seem to be in a minority. I remember that my (ex)girlfriend who loved APC just couldn't get into that last album.

It's not QUITE as good as Mer des Noms or 13th Step, but its still awesome. How could anyone not love Maynard's voice in GIMME GIMME?!

NextChapter
05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
I love Emotive. Though I seem to be in a minority. I remember that my (ex)girlfriend who loved APC just couldn't get into that last album.

It's not QUITE as good as Mer des Noms or 13th Step, but its still awesome. How could anyone not love Maynard's voice in GIMME GIMME?!
i too loved emotive, people on this board dont seem to be able to appreciate what it had to offer, its a real shame