PDA

View Full Version : Rossetta will be the greatest live song

Jesus Knievel
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
cuz maynard forgot his pen

seadonkey
04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Not sure if this is a joke or sarcasm or something, but I unfortunately don't think they'd play this song life. Seems like it'd be too hard to pull off live. Although the part near the end is just absolutely fuckin' magical. I'd love to see them do this song live and would probably trip out if they did, and I don't even do drugs.

godhenry
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
i can just imagine everyone screaming "holy fucking shit... holy fucking shit..." together at the stage.

and everyone in the audience will go "god damn! shit the bed" in reaction to the surreal and yet so real performance of Rosetta Stoned.

hbynoe
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
agreed if they do it it certainly will be fucking wow

red40
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Not sure if this is a joke or sarcasm or something, but I unfortunately don't think they'd play this song life. Seems like it'd be too hard to pull off live. Although the part near the end is just absolutely fuckin' magical. I'd love to see them do this song live and would probably trip out if they did, and I don't even do drugs.

ya know.... i thought that same thing when i heard 3rd eye... there's not fucking way they can pull this off live... i was wrong then too...

smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 04:46 PM
I saw 3rd Eye live at Lollapalooza (@ Pine Knob, in MI) and most of the audience did not pay much attention to it.

Maynard stared at everyone in the audience simultaniously (I have no idea how he did that)

Keep in mind that music groups such as Snoop Doggy Dog and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones were playing too. I, being a Tool fan could not believe the lack of interest in the song.

smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I saw 3rd Eye live at Lollapalooza (@ Pine Knob, in MI) and most of the audience did not pay much attention to it.

Maynard stared at everyone in the audience simultaniously (I have no idea how he did that)

Keep in mind that music groups such as Snoop Doggy Dog and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones were playing too. I, being a Tool fan could not believe the lack of interest in the song.
I know I spelled words wrong, sorry, I'm drunk j/j

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Of course, as they have proven and reaffirmed with this new album, Tool are capable of doing things we don't expect over and over. Haven't they played every song they've ever written live a time or two?? That's part of their musical integrity, being able to actually play everything they write. I bet we see it live.

ChaseA17
04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I will probably shit my pants if they play this live in my town.

tooltgle
04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Haven't they played every song they've ever written live a time or two??

I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure they haven't played ticks and leeches live before cause during the recording maynard tore up his vocals from the song.

I'm pretty sure they will play this live though, this entire album in unbelievable, definately one of their best.

yossaricat
04-27-2006, 12:33 AM
I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure they haven't played ticks and leeches live before cause during the recording maynard tore up his vocals from the song.

I'm pretty sure they will play this live though, this entire album in unbelievable, definately one of their best.

they played it in ft. lauderdale at their last date with fantomas.. unfortunately i did not see it. but i did see third eye on halloween, what a treat!

ArizonaBay
04-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Yes cant wait to hear this live at Download, i really hope they play it, ill be really upset if they dont. This and lost keys would make an amazing opener.

erazorhead
04-27-2006, 02:24 AM
hell yes i would love to see this live, and this and 3rd eye in the one show (back to back?) would be brilliant

tool/rush/mars
04-27-2006, 08:41 AM
i was lucky enough to see third eye live on their very last US tour. IT was Maynards birthday, they also played the extended version of Stinkfist which kicks so much ass. They also played H and Crawl Away which are two songs they dont play a WHOLE LOT.

Crazy
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Yeah it would be sweet live but Maynard would probably Kill his vocal cords if he didn't use alot of vocals effects, like he did the time they played Ticks and Leeches Live.

acsguitar
04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I hope they play this...I think he'd use a megaphone and do it slower like on Disgustipated

Eulogy33
08-22-2007, 12:21 AM
it was truly amazing performed live.

Hodge
08-22-2007, 06:16 AM
half of it is amazing live*

the first half blows chunks, thanks maynard

joblobob
08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Both halfs are pure orgasms.

And I said "."

Zchgla
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I saw this live. I'm actually listening to the bootleg right now.

Obscenename
08-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Fucking Necromancers.

toolrox19
08-25-2007, 08:10 AM
this song is absoloutly amazing live im still amazed at how maynard pulls it off and the whole rest of the band the visuals that go with it are amzinin to

Esurient4Truth
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
cuz maynard forgot his mic

FIXED

I'm sorry, flame me if you will: but despite the fact that Maynard does the best job he can: this song sucked live (at least when I heard it.)

danny, adam, and justin nailed it - maynard just talks fast in the opening parts.

SORRY GUYZ

the_milkman
08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah the parts where he's talking about the aliens and whatnot sounded really cheep. but MAN did the band fuckin rock out. i was blown away

parables in the world
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Thats the point.....you try and do it that fast.

metalwarriorx
08-26-2007, 07:01 PM
When i saw tool perform this song live maynard fucked up the lyrics.

metalwarriorx
08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
and he tripped on stage

Zchgla
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
haha

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
why are we dwelling on this? They play it live, and it's fucking good. Maynard sings it as effectively as the rest of the band plays it. I can't believe how many people act like Maynard singed some goddamn contract agreeing to fullfill their every dream, and please them to the fullest at any given opportunity. They make cool fucking music, and they play it live. stop complaining.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Agreed...I have one question everyone...this might sound dumb but im not sure so ill ask you guys..Who/what is "peanuts parents?" I still cant grasp these words and the meaning of them in the song...Someone please help me out. Thanks.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 03:25 PM
cuz maynard forgot his pen

hey man your avatar is wicked. I felt that one. lol

Inner_Eulogy
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Agreed...I have one question everyone...this might sound dumb but im not sure so ill ask you guys..Who/what is "peanuts parents?" I still cant grasp these words and the meaning of them in the song...Someone please help me out. Thanks.

Peanuts...you know, Charlie Brown and Snoopy. He's saying they sounds like Peanuts parents, but to my recollection it's the teacher's in the cartoon he's referring to where everything they'd say came out inaudible like "bwah-boo bah bah dah bwah". In short, he was referincing that he could hear what people were saying but he couldn't make sense of any of it because of his state of mind.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Peanuts...you know, Charlie Brown and Snoopy. He's saying they sounds like Peanuts parents, but to my recollection it's the teacher's in the cartoon he's referring to where everything they'd say came out inaudible like "bwah-boo bah bah dah bwah". In short, he was referincing that he could hear what people were saying but he couldn't make sense of any of it because of his state of mind.

Wow that makes total sense now. That maynard I tell ya. Thanks Inner.

the_milkman
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
and he tripped on stage

lol u serious?

what date was the show?

M00N
09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Rosetta stoned live was amazing, i liked the way Maynard did the first half of the song, he would emphasize words and did hand signals for every lyric, if he wanted it to sound just like the track, I'm sure he could of made it that way...

"Overwhelmed as one could be placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be, the one.
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending.
To write it down for all the world to see...
But I forget my pen,
Shit the bed again, typical."

(best 30 seconds of my life)