PDA

View Full Version : Pushit on live DVD?

mattw
11-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Without sounding like a totally ignorant, unintelligent fan, I was thinking about the following: When Tool bring out their live DVD, it will most likely NOT feature 'Pushit' or 'Eulogy', as the band hasn't played either classic this year. Currently, the last six shows of the Fall tour are being recorded. Sure, the new DVD/CD or whatever will be fantastic and be appreciated by every Tool fan but why not include two, or at the very least, one good tune/s such as Pushit and/or Eulogy? Never in my life have I read a negative opinion about either song as both, in my opinion, are songs that many fans consider to be amongst Tool's greatest. Possibly, Pushit could be omitted because it was featured as a live track on 'Salival' but Eulogy deserves more exposure!

~GrendeL~
11-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Yea both are great songs which should be on the dvd.especially pushit(my fav tool song). I cant wait for the live DVD tho(please let it be soon)

Aranedain
11-23-2002, 07:54 PM
if everyone had their way about htis DVD, every single Tool song would be on it, do they really want to play all their songs int he last 6 shows??

Smokin joe
11-24-2002, 09:29 AM
Basically, I just want the DVD to show OTHER people how great TOOL is. I've got friends who just have a bad misconception of tool because they are heavier than a lot of music around here, or that they listen to. But the music is so inspirational, and each song is like a work of art.

Soon red and yellow will be reaching out to them

joe

Comebackrunning
11-25-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Smokin joe
Basically, I just want the DVD to show OTHER people how great TOOL is. I've got friends who just have a bad misconception of tool because they are heavier than a lot of music around here, or that they listen to. But the music is so inspirational, and each song is like a work of art.

Soon red and yellow will be reaching out to them

joe

A lot of my freinds say TooL are shit, and even some of my friends who like TooL loads refuse to embrace them fully, because of little tiny things that bug them.
But anyone, and I mean ANYONE I know who has ever been to a TooL show, fully belives they are the greatest band in the known universe. Hopefully, the DVD will make them all see TooL live.

I just hope TooL go the whole way and release some live videos for MTV. That would be sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Andy DV
11-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Just a tip for everyone trying to get all their friends to get into TOOL - I, too, tried desperately to get all my friends to listen to TOOL after I got into it, since I knew they would like it as much as I do if they gave it a chance. I would get them to listen to certain parts of certain songs in the hopes that they would appreciate it. It usually didn't work. But then they would listen to some song that I never even thought to show them, or even better, see them in concert. I've had the pleasure of seeing several friends go from total uninterest to complete obsession, much like myself. So, don't be annoyed if the song you wanted isn't on the DVD or something like that. Besides, they are ALL damn good.

seeker
12-02-2002, 06:15 AM
worrying about getting others to listen to tool is a potentially frustrating task. in a way it's like trying to sway someone to a religion (note: i'm NOT saying tool is a religion) in that to fully understand and appreciate what it is you are involving yourself with, you must spend a great deal of time thinking and evaluating what you are hearing so that you can apply it to yourself. i think tool simply isn't right for many people... people who listen to music just for the sound or the style. most people wouldn't do it justice by fanaticism.

AsproClear
12-16-2002, 06:49 PM
I would like to see Pushit and Eulogy on the live DVD, but as neither were played at the 6 shows that were recorded, it doesn't look likely.

ALL WILL BE FOREGIVEN IF H. APPEARS ON THE DVD THOUGH!!!

the reverend
12-16-2002, 11:00 PM
Excuse my ignorance of news concerning this DVD but what shows were recorded for it???

Jesse
12-23-2002, 04:38 AM
A tip for getting your friends into Tool.
-If they have any taste for music involving talent, and emotions other than what it feels like to buy shoes at footlocker, get them to listen to a Tool cd, from start to finish with a pair of headphones on. it got me.
also Sept 18th 2001 i seen tool perform Pushit (salival version live) it was simply amazing.

the reverend
12-23-2002, 05:27 AM
Dont you just hate when poeple reply to a week old thread with a response that has absolutely nothing to do with what was being talked about previously...

:P

seeker
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
heheh, yep. well, in case you haven't read it elsewhere since you posed the question, the last six shows were recorded. and yeah, that's hearsay, but i've heard it more than once.