PDA

View Full Version : concert set list?

phylleb
04-23-2006, 05:33 PM
i wonder what other songs they will play in concert since maynard is guoted as saying they will not play 10000 days in its entirety?

a_sirian_in_agony
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
NO QUARTER!!!!!!

mjr
04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
If they play Third Eye, I will splooge.

ChaseA17
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I think, from 10,000 Days at least, The Pot and Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned would be splendid

seadonkey
04-23-2006, 09:05 PM
They'll play:
Vicarious, Jambi, Wings for Marie, 10,000 Days, Lost Keys, Rosetta Stoned, Intension, and Right in Two. So 8 songs off the new album, sounds about right. I just don't see them playing The Pot, and they definitely won't do Lipan Conjuring or Viginti Tres. Aside from those 8 songs, which clock in near an hour, that leaves an hour and about 10 minutes of other stuff, not including the 15 minutes break in between the two hours for naked people to do some wire stuff above the stage. I'm thinkinglikely two from Undertow, three from Ænema, and three from Lateralus. No Opiate this time around I'm guessing.
I'm probably very wrong.

mjr
04-23-2006, 09:20 PM
I doubt that much off of 10k. Wings/10k definitely. Vicarious definitely. IMO Jambi or Pot (I like both tho...) and Right in Two. This isn't based off of what I like. I don't see Rosetta happening because of the way it was made. The voice samples and then the parts where maynard saying differently things is clearly recorded separately to layer over each other. It's also a very "off" sort of song. Intension I don't think will make it because it won't fit in with the rest of Tool's library. Given breaks in between songs, Maynard saying shit, random "intro" shit added I think that clocks in at about 50min of new material (I think your calculations are way off). I really don't see Rosetta Stoned being played live ever just like Ticks and Leeches but for different reasons.

So that leaves plenty of time for 3 songs from Lateralus (Lateralus and Schism are probably a must), and 3 songs from Aenima/Undertow. I would love to hear Third Eye but I don't know if they have the time. DRT would be amazing as well but it takes up a lot of a set. I hope they don't play Schism but chances are it will happen as it was the commercial song of last album.

As long as I hear one of Lateralus, Third Eye, Pushit, No Quarter (doubtful) or H I'll be giddy as fuck. Just paid $170 on ebay for the worst seat in the house. First concert going alone cuz none of my friends were willing to pay $225+. Just me and Tool! Fucking pysched.

Edit: Also if this is really a B-sides and there is really another CD worth of material then I only see Vicarious and Wings/10k being played.

phylleb
04-24-2006, 04:59 AM
I doubt that much off of 10k. Wings/10k definitely. Vicarious definitely. IMO Jambi or Pot (I like both tho...) and Right in Two. This isn't based off of what I like. I don't see Rosetta happening because of the way it was made. The voice samples and then the parts where maynard saying differently things is clearly recorded separately to layer over each other. It's also a very "off" sort of song. Intension I don't think will make it because it won't fit in with the rest of Tool's library. Given breaks in between songs, Maynard saying shit, random "intro" shit added I think that clocks in at about 50min of new material (I think your calculations are way off). I really don't see Rosetta Stoned being played live ever just like Ticks and Leeches but for different reasons.

So that leaves plenty of time for 3 songs from Lateralus (Lateralus and Schism are probably a must), and 3 songs from Aenima/Undertow. I would love to hear Third Eye but I don't know if they have the time. DRT would be amazing as well but it takes up a lot of a set. I hope they don't play Schism but chances are it will happen as it was the commercial song of last album.

As long as I hear one of Lateralus, Third Eye, Pushit, No Quarter (doubtful) or H I'll be giddy as fuck. Just paid $170 on ebay for the worst seat in the house. First concert going alone cuz none of my friends were willing to pay $225+. Just me and Tool! Fucking pysched.

Edit: Also if this is really a B-sides and there is really another CD worth of material then I only see Vicarious and Wings/10k being played.

your going to hate me but i have floor seats at fox theater near the middle in row w, i can't fucking wait

slicknickshady
04-24-2006, 05:52 AM
your going to hate me but i have floor seats at fox theater near the middle in row w, i can't fucking wait

Section F5, Row LL, Seats 507-508 at the Fox Theatre for me.

1. Vicarious
2. Schism
3. Eulogy
4. Parabol/a
5. Intension
6. Pushit
7. Jambi
8. H
9. Lateralus
10. Hooker with a Penis
11. Right in two
12. Prison Sex
13. Wings for Marie
14. 10,000 Days

phylleb
04-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Section F5, Row LL, Seats 507-508 at the Fox Theatre for me.

1. Vicarious
2. Schism
3. Eulogy
4. Parabol/a
5. Intension
6. Pushit
7. Jambi
8. H
9. Lateralus
10. Hooker with a Penis
11. Right in two
12. Prison Sex
13. Wings for Marie
14. 10,000 Days

section 5 too seat 506 and 505

phylleb
04-24-2006, 06:24 AM

i hope to god they play eulogy

slicknickshady
04-24-2006, 06:26 AM

so your going to be sitting next to me. lol. how ironic. it will be a great show.