PDA

View Full Version : Double Album (Linked forum info)

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes, my post count is low. Yes I'm basically a lurker the moment, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm currently on the fence about believing a double album or not... but here's something a friend linked me to not too long ago.

10,000 Days Forum post (http://www.10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1278&sid=d0bf0f3d8a0f53ed4b409ccbd52f9eb4)

This post seems rather legit, but with no proof to back it up. The poster seems to be a vetern of their forums (high post count), and a previously skeptic of the 'double album' theory. I, personally, like this Cd, so having another album would simply be icing on the cake.

However, from the sounds of it, the disc won't be all new material, but simply supplement to the current material provided. The whole issue still sounds a bit 'iffy', but it would be a post to closely monitor in the near future.

Regards.

rsh
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks.

Anulith
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Don't know how trustworthy the guy is. Isn't that the same guy that was pretending to be Adam for a while?

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Is he? I'm sorry, I was just linked this earlier. I haven't checked into the validity of the said poster. It's mentioned that he was previously against the whole 'single album' thing, and it doesn't really prove it has more song content, simply a supplement.

If anything, this sounds the most plausible story I've seen, however, this doesn't mean that it's true, of course. Anyone else shed some light on this guy?

Ted1um
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
He said that everytime he calls the distributor they give him new info about the album. At first they said that it was coming with a free DVD with footage from the listening sessions, and then the next week said it would be a bonus CD. This story from them changed at least five times, he said, until he finally just gave up. He says he doesn't know what price to put on the CD due to the possibility that it might be a double album. He said that the distributor sounded "nervous" last time he called, like no one at the office knew what was going on. Here's the funny part...

I'm pretty sure the -manager- at best buy isn't the one that decides what price an album is going to start out as or is in constant contact with a "distributor" wondering what kind of cd it's going to be.

Sounds like bullshit..

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Do the distributors detail the 'sale price' however? You know, the first couple of weeks that the album is sold it's at a discounted price?

I thought distributors set the 'MSRP', (which is 18.99) and local stores can decide what the price they want to sell it for in the beginning weeks. I don't know, since I haven't worked at best buy, so I have no clue how their pricing works! =)

Imagine
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
the distributor tells you how much you'll pay for the cd when it comes out, then based on that price they give you, you mark up any amount you want. Atleast thats what they do at Indie Stores.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Alright, I believe you with that.

Maybe he was misquoted? All I'm saying is, this story doesn't seem as 'over the top' as previous 'double album' claims, so it makes me able to believe it more. There's a certain aura floating around about something extra added to the album. I think a disc containing just some extra content, but not a whole new album of songs sounds very possible.

Maybe a DVD of the tour, finally? =D

placidium
04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
it has "so" at the beginning. it's bullshit.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:57 PM
^ Please die. =D

placidium
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
;_; (http://www.orlyowl.com/k.jpg)

Sine Nobilitas
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
So can we find a number for a distributor and confirm or deny this? It's really that simple. One phone call could clear all of this up.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
...no one has thought to call a distributor yet? God I hate you guys.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 07:54 PM
It really pisses me off, however.

The fact of the matter is, all it would take to dispell all rumors or possibilties for this would be for someone to take the packaging, take pictures of every page of the booklet, show the CD resting inside of the case (artwork up, so you can see it's not double-sided), and show the packaging just sitting on the counter.

Yes, it could be claimed to be shopped... but hell, we don't even have a SHOPPED versino of all those pictures. We don't! That's crap! If whoever got this had the real copy, you'd think he'd release pictures of everything. This leads me to believe one of two things:

1.) He ripped it off the production line or a advanced copy sent to the radio stations. This means it probably has no artwork, a normal, regular looking CD with no packaging. Then we're just going to debate until the Aussie release of the CD and get no where.

2.) Conspiracy theory. (fill one in here)

Personally, I'm usually a member of the Ockham's razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_Razor) line of reasoning... but there's so many damn odd little facts here and there that I question it. I really do. I love the CD, but I would die for even more. I'm sure all of you would.

Oh well... time will truly tell.

Parabolee
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
...no one has thought to call a distributor yet? God I hate you guys.

DAMN that was funny! Funniest thing I read on the boards all day :)

Incidently did YOU call a distributor yet Shivawn?

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't know any! I'm not connected! I'm a lonely nub. =)

Coincidently... why don't my post counts go up? I think I've posted like 10 times here in the last two days...

Cronos
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I called the distributor guys. They told me that Tool isn't releasing a record May 2nd.

MINDFUCK!

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I called the distributor guys. They told me that Tool isn't releasing a record May 2nd.

MINDFUCK!

ok, here is what has happened:

10 000 days IS the new album, they were all set to release it, promotion going well, single out, everything smooth, then it gets leaked and so many people hate it and create the hoax theory, then tool think: "fuck everyone thinks our album is crap, should we go re-listen?....fuck they are right, we musta been fuckin high, we can't release this shit.... if only we had a REAL album to release, oh well, we will just leave them hanging again for a year or two..."

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
If only it was that easy...

StoneyB
04-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I work at Best Buy and it doesn't work like that. Some things he said have validity, but other things he stated make me question him.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Not to sound like a jerk, but can you state specifically what's wrong with his story? (other than the price stating case).

This is just so other people reading can figure out if this guy is legit or not. Oh, and for my benefit too!

StoneyB
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Basically I am not saying he is a liar. He very well may be telling the truth, but the way he talked about the distribution being undecided on how to price the album is bogus. Basically corporate office sets the price for the album. The first week it is going to be on sale just like all other new releases. 2nd of all is the fact that after a price is established by headquarters, distribution sends the albums to the store on geo shuttle where employees price the cd's using the bar code. Distribution really has nothing to do with anything except sending us the package.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Hm, alright then. So, I guess we should take his opinion very, very lightly until we see some kind of picture proof! (Not that you guys should have taken his word for truth right away.)

StoneyB
04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm not saying he absolutely wrong, but he definitely threw me the wrong information.

fraz
04-23-2006, 11:41 PM
ok, here is what has happened:

10 000 days IS the new album, they were all set to release it, promotion going well, single out, everything smooth, then it gets leaked and so many people hate it and create the hoax theory, then tool think: "fuck everyone thinks our album is crap, should we go re-listen?....fuck they are right, we musta been fuckin high, we can't release this shit.... if only we had a REAL album to release, oh well, we will just leave them hanging again for a year or two..."

i realise there's sarcasm in what you're saying, but by the sound of it you don't like the album. So that last poll about whether everyone liked the album was quite obviously in favour of it being excellent. So even if they did hear a few people say they didn't like it - they would also know that most people who've heard it, love it.

waffel
04-24-2006, 12:01 AM
The person he talked to mentioned the fake Counterfist leak and said that anything before April 28th that leaks is a hoax and not to be taken seriously.

Anyone surprised they 'said' this? Its like the government saying "If you see a UFO, its not real"

Ryan
04-24-2006, 12:09 AM
jesus fuck why can't we just get solid information? it's a fucking cd by a fucking band.

fault
04-24-2006, 12:13 AM
jesus fuck why can't we just get solid information? it's a fucking cd by a fucking band.

Anxiety sucks.

Ryan
04-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Anxiety sucks.

seriously though. it's a piece of plastic that i'm going to put in my cd drive, rip, put in a folder called 2006 - 10,000 Days and listen to it occasionally. why does it seem like we've just found the remains of jesus christ's ballsack or something?

fault
04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
why does it seem like we've just found the remains of jesus christ's ballsack or something?

nice analogy man. We're all part of the most elaborate joke of the decade. Or not.

rsh
04-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Alright.

Called FYE in Coral Ridge Mall: "No price is showing, and nothing about a dvd or dual disc. Since i have been working here its ALWAYS been noted if the cd were to have anything extra." Cute girl, probably fat though.

Called BEST BUY on N. Federal Hwy Ft lauderdale: "its priced at 13.99 but will probably go on sale for 9.99 the day its released and no, its most definately not a dual disc,dvd,double disc. Yes I'm positive." - Some mexican guy that i would not trust with my broken computer.

Called BEST BUY in boca raton: "whats the name of the cd? 10,000 days? its not coming up here, could you name the band? Oh Tool, here it is. 13.99 but we will be offering it for 9.99 the week of its release. I dont think its a dual disc, let me check" (puts phone down) "there is a guy on the phone wanting to know if its got two discs..." (other guy) "No definately one disc" -another cute sounding girl, but probably fat. -the guy sounded mad at the world for having to work a 9-5 job at best buy.

So there you have it. That is unless every store i called is in on the joke

/sarcasm.

Shivawn
04-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Eh, oh well. woulda been cool to get another disk, but hey, I'm happy with the album for simply five songs (Vicarious, Jambi, Wings/10,000 Days, and Right in Two).

I think the other content is complete crap, but you can't hope for a golden egg everytime. I'll like this album, but I'm unsure that these five songs trump the whole album of Lateralus or Aenima. I'll see with time, but I hope they don't end their careers on this note. So much they could still accomplish as extremely talented artists.

We'll see...