PDA

View Full Version : Lost Keys is the prehistory of The Patient (give me a Try)

happydipshit
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
A guy gets in the Hospital, obviously confused but not because of whats happening in Rosetta Stoned, try to forget this for a moment.

The nurse talks to the doctor, because the patient won't talk to her being the problem. Then the doctor is trying to talk to him, the patient is frightened.

Ok now from here on try projecting the lyrics from "the patient" on him; or rather the story.
In the meantime he perhaps already has talked to the doctor. The Doctor's like "that guys on drugs" and leads him to the waiting room. What happens now is the following....

A groan of tedium escapes me, startling the fearful.

Maybe its a story about a guy totally on drugs who doesnt know what's happening or whats wrong with him in fear looking for a doctor to help him come by.

Please Discuss

Tertius Oculum
04-23-2006, 03:18 PM
You try getting abducted by aliens and see how you feel when you're returned. I'm sorry but you're wrong. Interesting theory and all but, sorry.

happydipshit
04-23-2006, 03:39 PM
There is no right or wrong in this and i wasnt looking for alike. its just a "what it means to me" and i wanted to hear some ideas about it.

Opiate Son
04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
You try getting abducted by aliens and see how you feel when you're returned. I'm sorry but you're wrong. Interesting theory and all but, sorry.

oh so true

bogsnarth
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
while i agree there's no "right" or "wrong" when interpreting things, you can't just make up any random connection and defend it with that cliche.. interpretations based on nonsense like that are pretty much pointless..

something_Dark
04-23-2006, 09:25 PM
hmmm good thought but I dont agree. there are some other songs that seem to pull from all kinds of TOOLish Topics from lateralus and Ænima.

bogsnarth
04-23-2006, 09:34 PM
that's true, but i just don't see it with this one.. i mean it's just one line out of the whole song.. and i never thought of the patient in terms of a drug trip, so it doesn't seem to fit at all.

seneca77
04-24-2006, 05:15 AM
interesting theory, once again maynard made someone THINK, instead of just song in/song out of your head, you have taken these songs and used your brain.

Finny
04-24-2006, 05:18 AM
interesting theory, once again maynard made someone THINK, instead of just song in/song out of your head, you have taken these songs and used your brain.

I like to smash my head against the computer screen when i listen to this album... does that count?

seneca77
04-24-2006, 05:27 AM
I like to smash my head against the computer screen when i listen to this album... does that count?

whatever works, maybe you will loosen a little bit of the 90% of the brain we dont use.

Finny
04-24-2006, 06:37 AM
whatever works, maybe you will loosen a little bit of the 90% of the brain we dont use.
haha thank you for not flaming the shit out of me considering how cynical my reply was...

spiralout11235
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
nice thought, but I don't think so.

fender59
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
The patient is about being patient, about going so far in a journey and achieving so much but still relising that its still so little, its about telling yoruself to be patient.

and Lost keys and rossetta stoned are the same song, just with different track numbers (I want to say get high and that makes sense, but dont get high and it makes sense, JUST FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT).

I think alot of people have this kinda of crutch where they belive they have to get high to think outside of their head, and you dont, I used lsd and mushrooms for years and even had a few rare expereinces on DMT, and I learned alot but What I was able to acheive instantly with those drugs, I was also able to achieve over a few years time through meditation and deep thinking without the drug, except this time I was experiencing this sober, with made it quite a bit more meaningfull. But I remember the first time I did a lsd, well i had done it before but in incredibly low doses, the first time i did enough to really feel something powerfull, I got such an intense trip, it wasnt visually intense, it was just internally, but I thought I would never come down and never be normal again, and my friends tried to calm me down with Orange Juice........

wearethestories
09-02-2006, 07:30 PM
word. (to that last poster, not the OP... *sigh*)

tomisatool
09-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Is there a knife nearby?

Run into it.