PDA

View Full Version : The thing that trips me out

DRoehl
04-23-2006, 01:57 PM
is the names of the songs... it just seems like they are making fun of themselves and their fans and about how pretentious their music has become.

jambi= just doen't sound like tool sounds like someone trying to be tool
10000 days??? sounds like a rip of disturbed but who knows
the pot- tool simple for tool now, maybe should have been on opiate??
Lipan- c'mon this had better be a fucking joke!!!
lost keys??
rosetta stoned--- has got to be the MOST obvious one the name itself to me just seems like something tool would make fun of. seriously. its like trying to be all cryptic and of the occult but it has stoned in it. rediculous imo.
r

jackfriday
04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
next time maybe you should be a consultant for "proper tool titles".
dumbass.

DRoehl
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
ROSETTA STONED!!!! thats all I have to say... If its not a joke... i have lost a lot of respect for Tool because they aren't trying anymore. APC has better titles than that. for that matter limp bizkit has better titles than that since everyone wants to use limp bizkit as an insult

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
i don't know why we bother trying to convince all the suckers that this album is fake, it sounds so fucking shit, funny and re-hashed that it is obvious.

i am almost certain it is fake based on the evidence from blairs newsletters, but if i ever have some doubt, i play the pot and rosetta stoned and my faith in it all being a HUGE joke returns.

for fucksake, if you think the songs are good, listen to the lyrics, they are talking about shitheads that download leaks and ruin the art, blind followers etc.

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I do agree that the album sounds like they're making fun of themselves.

I mean holy crap, there're fucking rainstorm sounds in "Wings for Marie."

If I were in Tool, and I wanted to make fun of myself, I'd totally put in rainstorm sounds. And some indians chanting. And maybe a track that has kids laughing in the background.

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
I do agree that the album sounds like they're making fun of themselves.

I mean holy crap, there're fucking rainstorm sounds in "Wings for Marie."

If I were in Tool, and I wanted to make fun of myself, I'd totally put in rainstorm sounds. And some indians chanting. And maybe a track that has kids laughing in the background.

even better, a song about taking too much acid and shittin da bed fool.

Dr. Strangefist
04-23-2006, 02:23 PM
i don't know why we bother trying to convince all the suckers that this album is fake, it sounds so fucking shit, funny and re-hashed that it is obvious.

i am almost certain it is fake based on the evidence from blairs newsletters, but if i ever have some doubt, i play the pot and rosetta stoned and my faith in it all being a HUGE joke returns.

for fucksake, if you think the songs are good, listen to the lyrics, they are talking about shitheads that download leaks and ruin the art, blind followers etc.

I can't wait to see how pissed off, disapointed, and embarassed you are on May 2nd.

I mean, assuming this does end up being the real deal, I hope all you people who think it's a joke are so angry and disapointed with Tool that you stop being fans and go away, so that we don't have to read your stupid shit anymore.

zet
04-23-2006, 02:26 PM

exactly, blind followers. What a great joke this is. Kabir with this title here "anyone posting links etc.." evoking exactly what they want to achieve. Brilliant, but obvious.

I'll say it again, this is music history in the making.

cheers

z

mike09
04-23-2006, 02:27 PM
why cant we all just open our third eye and realize that we need to ride the spiral in order to understand the new track titles?

Dr. Strangefist
04-23-2006, 02:27 PM
dude, I'm not a blind follower. People who understand this is real are not blind followers. We're just not batshit insane, paranoid, stupid, or desperate to rationalize our disapointment with crazy theories.

Satival Tributary
04-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't understand why some people seem to think that the album has to be titled Ænomataphamyragous and contain the cryptic Alex Grey blueprint within the inverted Lateralus sequence of ancient Tibet to be great. Why should the title matter that much? I couldn't care less if the album were called "Maynard's Flying Vibrator Circus", as long as the songs are good (which they are).

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, maybe we're not ready to just accept that if it has a big Tool logo on it, that it's automatically good. I really don't know how people can call themselves Tool fans and like this shit.

Of course, we could still be wrong. In that case, I'll just be upset that the last decent band from the 90's is now officially old, and playing really lame crap like old bands inevitably do.... songs about their dead loved ones getting wings and meeting Jebus.

Sigh, oh well.. at least we were able to participate a little in music history. This shit's bound to be talked about on VH1 next decade, believe it.

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
i agree Dr. Strangefist, someone is going to learn a lesson on may 2nd, well less than that, 4 days and it will be out in AUS.

but i wont be gutted because i have no expectations for tool, their music is great and i enjoy it more than anything, i love their old albums and if they release 10kdays thats fine with me, but i wont be buying it. i am still enjoying listening to their older stuff so yeah, i wont be gutted.

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Well said, rabbit.

something_Dark
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
"all you know about me I SOLD YOU!!" nuff said.

Dr. Strangefist
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, maybe we're not ready to just accept that if it has a big Tool logo on it, that it's automatically good. I really don't know how people can call themselves Tool fans and like this shit.

Of course, we could still be wrong. In that case, I'll just be upset that the last decent band from the 90's is now officially old, and playing really lame crap like old bands inevitably do.... songs about their dead loved ones getting wings and meeting Jebus.

Sigh, oh well.. at least we were able to participate a little in music history. This shit's bound to be talked about on VH1 next decade, believe it.

And nobody said that it's automatically good because it's Tool. In fact, I think it's that sort of unrealistic expectation that is leading to all the hoax/b-side theories. I mean, I can totally understand not liking it. The problem is that people can't just not like it. After all, it's tool. How could they disapoint you like this? So you have use these theories to create false hope that there is something better coming. But the reality is either you enjoy it, or you accept that it disapoints you and move on.