PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh! More b-side evidence?

tollll12
04-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I've found even more previously unmentioned evidence. Take a look at the January Newletter: http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2006_01.php

There is a Ouija board session at the bottom in flash panel on which Blair asks the question:

"By "No Recall", do you mean that the song doesn't need to be remixed and has already been printed?"

To which the Ouija board resonds:

"Yes and No"

and then Blair writes:

"(NOTE: the pointer went to "YES" and then very quickly to "NO". This was amazing and exaltly right, meaning there is no paradox with regards to the answer"

This is practically an admission to the leaking of b-sides: they are already mixed and have not been printed. There is some other cryptic non-sense which is more than likely suggestive that I don't have the patience to sift through. (a reference to LK is mentioned which I suppose means Lost Keys).

One more thing. Look at the cover to the album. It's two faces that make one face. When you open up that cd case you are going to either get two discs that make on album, or a double sided disc that makes one album.... it's staring us in the face here guys. We're all gonna be really happy on May 2nd!

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 01:05 PM
it wont be b sides, tool don't work like that.

"we are an album band" - danny.

i can't see them releasing a bunch of scattered songs, especially when they are of such a poor quality too.

Cucumber_11
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
One more thing. Look at the cover to the album. It's two faces that make one face. When you open up that cd case you are going to either get two discs that make on album, or a double sided disc that makes one album.... it's staring us in the face here guys. We're all gonna be really happy on May 2nd!

Hense the reason no CD art has leaked?

placidium
04-23-2006, 01:10 PM
nvm

a_sirian_in_agony
04-23-2006, 01:15 PM

i can't see them releasing a bunch of scattered songs, especially when they are of such a poor quality too.
but..what if the b sides are not released as in an album but they are never realeased..they were just leaked by the band....to.......take the veiw off the new album....which will be two discs....and have a new track listing......you know what....i reallly dont give a shit anymore.....this is getting annoying.....we all need to get the fuck off the computer and get some sun, drunk, and fuck.....seriously dudes.....im really considering it....

Dr. Strangefist
04-23-2006, 01:15 PM
There is some other cryptic non-sense which is more than likely suggestive that I don't have the patience to sift through.

and yet, you did have the patience to come up wth the bullshit idea that this other cryptic nonsense is somehow an admission that b-sides are leaked

Cucumber_11
04-23-2006, 01:17 PM
but..what if the b sides are not released as in an album but they are never realeased..they were just leaked by the band....to.......take the veiw off the new album....which will be two discs....and have a new track listing......you know what....i reallly dont give a shit anymore.....this is getting annoying.....we all need to get the fuck off the computer and get some sun, drunk, and fuck.....seriously dudes.....im really considering it....

For a guy you have rather a lot of periods.

rsh
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
in a court of law this would not pass as evidence of it being a b-side

gtfo

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Man, what if there's two albums... and they both suck... and you have to listen to them play at the SAME TIME to make them sound good!

rsh
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
been said before but in a better manner.

champion
04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
WHY WOULD TOOL RELEASE AN ALBUM OF B-SIDES?

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

researchtriangle
04-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Man, what if there's two albums... and they both suck... and you have to listen to them play at the SAME TIME to make them sound good!

haha

tollll12
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
been said before but in a better manner.

Post a link. I want to read it.

-D

mike09
04-23-2006, 02:36 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000541I3/sr=8-2/qid=1145831745/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-5908762-8659321?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Absent Mind
04-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Here is something from another thread on here. But CHECK THIS OUT: What if all what we are hearing in the "leak" of the "album" are tracks that belong on these imports all being released on may 16th. Imports always add something extra to the album...

Originally Posted by SpiralOutKeepGoing
I hate to burst your bubble people but those are just the import prices. There is no bonus disc with the imports of Lateralus, Aenima, Undertow, Opiate, and 10,000 days. You want proof? Go here.
Undertow Import http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...68 0212&BAB=E

Opiate Import http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...68 0212&BAB=E

Aenima Import http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...68 0212&BAB=E

Lateralus Import http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...68 0212&BAB=E

10,000 days Import http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...68 0212&BAB=E

All of them only say one disc. Those are just the high cost of the import.

MoreTool
04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
The page you requested could not be located.

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Fucking conspiracy! They got to CD Universe, too!

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
That's because the links got improperly copy and pasted. They were turncated (sp) slightly when posted on a forum, so when you copy and paste them, the links become invalid. If you find the original post on this forum with those links, they will work right.

However, I haven't found them. =D

JB77
04-23-2006, 04:32 PM
CD Universe has 10,000 Years as an import due out on May 16th. Could be a type-o or mis information, who knows but there is something funny going on.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:39 PM
That's the one fact that has bothered me. Are all import CD's named differently? No. Could Tool's? Sure, why not?

However, since it's different, I'm guessing there's some kind of added tracks or something special about it. Maybe on CD extras? Meh, I guess we'll find out.

JB77
04-23-2006, 04:44 PM
However, since it's different, I'm guessing there's some kind of added tracks or something special about it. Maybe on CD extras? Meh, I guess we'll find out.

But why a different album name?

Would it just be a special edition/import.

Shivawn
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, I dunno. Maybe to help identify better?

I seriously doubt this is the secondary album we are hoping for. This could be the bonus supplementry thing that has been posted in the thread I did. Maybe it's 10,000 Days plus a bonus supplementry disc that has random recording stuff on it (DVD extras).

I'm a bit wary of claiming this will be an second disc of purely new music.

tangent
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM

You are so right lol

Absent Mind
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.asp?style=music&HT_SEARCH=XARTIST&cart=333005518&HT_SEARCH_INFO=Tool&HT_Search_Name=Tool&altsearch=yes

Scroll down and check out the imports. why would they release imports for all the albums at the same time? And what is on them??? 10000 Years? WTF?

ZeroGlass
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
One thing the OP didnt pick up on was when the spirit is asked about the single he answers : VORP

then the guys realises that the spirit was actually asking him a question, also he mentions how there should be spaces in V OR P and how there was one letter left out....

Surely you can all realise what two songs these are ;)

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
nice Zero Glass.

tollll12
04-24-2006, 01:14 AM
One thing the OP didnt pick up on was when the spirit is asked about the single he answers : VORP

then the guys realises that the spirit was actually asking him a question, also he mentions how there should be spaces in V OR P and how there was one letter left out....

Surely you can all realise what two songs these are ;)

Fair enough, so The Pot is the second single. The Pot is also, obviously, a b-side. If I so wholeheartedly feel that this is a dual album of b-sides on one disc and new stuff on another, then I have no reason not to believe that Vicarious is a b-side as well (I definately think that Vicarious was recorded during their latest session however). If they've got b-sides from previous recording sessions then they've got b-sides from this recording session. And if they've put a b-side on the radio once, then they'll do it again.

As for The Pot, I've written about this song before. Listen to Maynard's voice (well after he sings like Britney Spears), it doesn't sound like that anymore, because he has gotten older. Listen to the bass, that's Paul D'Amour. And really, one of the initial reasons I suspected there was something fishy about this album is how utterly disapointing it is because of songs like this. What is it even about? Fuck if I know? I read the lyrics once and it just seemed like non-sense. There are some cool beats, but not enough to make the song kick ass. I think The Pot was written to make fun of people like Britney Spears and Madonna, hence the stupid lyrics and the stupid Madonna voice. It would be funny to hear it on the radio juxtaposed with all of the songs it's poking fun at.

Anyway, you guys drink a Fosters for me... I'm going to bed.