PDA

View Full Version : A vicious circle.

JP623
11-22-2002, 10:18 PM
I've been in the public school system for 12 years now, and I've picked up some invaluable lessons along the way. Some even apply to this song. So please, try to stay with me as a I weave a unique and unorganized tapestry of pure opinion.

Right and wrong. Simple as black and white. And why? Because that's what you've been taught. Growing up with your black and white, you firmly believe that whoever does wrong will be firmly punished and face the consequences.
But it doesn't happen that way.

Someone does "wrong" and in only a moment the basis for all of your beliefs has been torn up because this person not only did wrong but they got away with it. Where was God, mom, the teacher, and where were the police, the military?
What the fuck is going on? Your system is at a high level of entropy, and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it because to enforce your rules you must first bend and break them.

Well, no one is looking. And if they do, won't I be doing them a favor? Vigilance is such an ironic word. Who is anyone to play god? I might as well, because nobody else has this opportunity.

And you start breaking your rules to enforce them, and you start rationalizing because in this reality (which you had no hand in creating) you are doing your authority figures a favor. Right?

No. You're just helping to blur the lines. Black and white never existed. Gray is the dominant color here. Right and wrong are just memories.

Jerk-off furthers the "no one is innocent" philosophy. I honestly think this song has nothing to do with the right and wrong specifically (yes it does, but on a different level) but how we abuse one to fight the other.

Good intentions don't erase wrongdoings.

cantfindawayout
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
"And you start breaking your rules to enforce them, and you start rationalizing because in this reality (which you had no hand in creating) you are doing your authority figures a favor. Right?"...reminds me of...well...every religion. nice thought, i like your insight.