PDA

View Full Version : Solo effects?

lachrymolog
04-23-2006, 09:32 AM
What kind of effects is on the solo? It really reminds me of one of those "tube in mouth"-gadgets ive seen used by David Gilmour and Slash, amongst others...

Sooo great solo, another proof that it doesnt have to be tricky playing to sound fukcing rokcing!

Dolophane
04-23-2006, 09:50 AM
"tube in mouth gadget" = Talkbox, which is what he's using on this track.

lachrymolog
04-26-2006, 02:18 AM
Aaaah! it sure would be easier to sleep at night if you woul've just said so, or even linked to these threads.

I still love you, though!

Mooseifer
04-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Aaaah! it sure would be easier to sleep at night if you woul've just said so, or even linked to these threads.

I still love you, though!

Ain't no love in this thread...

...open any thread in the Jambi section and there is a mention of the talkbox solo.

W_I_E
04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
well it is the best part of the song

Mooseifer
04-28-2006, 01:13 AM
well it is the best part of the song

Try listening to the whole song... not in parts. This may come as a shock to you but Tool tend to play whole songs live not just the parts you like.

lachrymolog
04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Ain't no love in this thread...

...open any thread in the Jambi section and there is a mention of the talkbox solo.

I looked through the threads and found three talkbox-threads, where as only one was posted before mine. And still that wouldnt help me since i didnt know the name of the effects.

Try listening to the whole song... not in parts. This may come as a shock to you but Tool tend to play whole songs live not just the parts you like.

Spare me your lame sarcasm, of course noone is fastforwarding to the solo only to turn it off once its finished. If you dont have any favoroite parts or climaxes in songs i feel very sorry for you.

oh, and i no longer love you.

tempathy
04-29-2006, 09:46 PM
anyways!!! it's a talkbox. question answered, flames doused in ctc

lachrymolog
04-30-2006, 02:54 AM
talkbox, eyh? sweet... thanks :)

ÆNIMA69
04-30-2006, 10:20 AM
i almost puked, i played this song in art class the other day and some chick said "is this bon jovi?" i was like "Shit the bed! she must be retarded". needless to say i hate bon jovi.

toocooltool
04-30-2006, 10:23 AM
The talkbox is cool.