PDA

View Full Version : Incredible

Untamed
04-23-2006, 08:32 AM
The more I listen to this song...man. 4:33 is a friggin mind blowing event. This album is by far my favorite from Tool, each listen reveals more than the last.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
For me too... it's growing on me like a fucking orchid. So different, but so damn amazing. The Pot is a driving song too I find, makes me want to floor it =).

Seethus
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
For me too... it's growing on me like a fucking orchid. So different, but so damn amazing. The Pot is a driving song too I find, makes me want to floor it =).
This song is so bloody addictive, the most rockin' song Tool have ever made.

elusive_
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
that bassline is bumpin'

IC
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
This song is so bloody addictive, the most rockin' song Tool have ever made.
damn straight

tool/rush/mars
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Best tool song ever. I don't care that it is kind of short and catchy. It really resonates deeply with me.

Ok DRT is better, but still this song is AMAZING.

randomhero8823
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
this album grows on you like mold.... its amazing... The pot is amazing wow.

a788
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
i would say addictive would be the best word for the song. i didnt have my music with me this weekend. i seriously had withdrawls from listening to this song. it's all i wanted to do all weekend.

brett caldwell
04-26-2006, 04:35 AM
The more I listen to this song...man. 4:33 is a friggin mind blowing event. This album is by far my favorite from Tool, each listen reveals more than the last.

you said it!!! 4:33!!!! Danny is the man! By laying down consistent high-hat and snare hits and that insane double kick syncopation, he straightens the feel of the rhythm from a bouncy randomness to a very definite pumping pulsation. It’s a wicked groove.

tiryth
04-26-2006, 04:41 AM
4:57 till 5:00 is a WICKED bit of guitar madness

and the drums arent to shabby either

Metlamaniac
04-26-2006, 04:53 AM
you said it!!! 4:33!!!! Danny is the man! By laying down consistent high-hat and snare hits and that insane double kick syncopation, he straightens the feel of the rhythm from a bouncy randomness to a very definite pumping pulsation. It’s a wicked groove.

Just to be a ponce about it.....

I don't think its a Hi-Hat

Its like a very fast dampened China Cymbal. Maybe two cymbals on top of each other. Like what the guy from The Mars Volta uses

seneca77
04-26-2006, 05:48 AM
this album grows on you like mold.... its amazing... The pot is amazing wow.

right on man, every tool album grows on you, and becomes part of you. for a lot of us, this is not just music. even though rationally, it is just music. but as you put it, moldy music.

have you heard the theories that all fungi are alien life forms?

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
right on man, every tool album grows on you, and becomes part of you. for a lot of us, this is not just music. even though rationally, it is just music. but as you put it, moldy music.

have you heard the theories that all fungi are alien life forms?

Panspermia, I like where you guys are going with this. The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........

[ænima]
04-28-2006, 02:23 PM
i just have bits of this song coming into my head at random times at school, and it just sticks with me..its one of those songs i never want to NOT get stuck in my head, along with every other song by tool

bales
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........

you said it. every song is like a living organism, which grows and grows and grows to a crescendo and it invariably dies. no other music has that feel. this album is no exception!

tho i had reservations on maynards new voice in this song, it certainly has grown on me.. this song calls for a higher octave. and it only gets better as the song progresses.

JoeyVWEA
04-29-2006, 01:45 AM
First time I heard it, I was like WTF!?!?! WOW! CRAZY! and now I can't start my day without this song. I have it on my ipod and on a cd in my car and I cannot stop listening to it...that and Jambi

delysid
04-29-2006, 02:17 AM
That part is fucking amazing. The groove is so sweet and the double bass is PERFECT. Like I can't even stress how perfect that shit is. My roommate listened to it and was like "man that sounds like Slayer" but then again he also compared "Jambi" to Disturbed.

Sisyphos
04-29-2006, 06:30 AM
i would say addictive would be the best word for the song. i didnt have my music with me this weekend. i seriously had withdrawls from listening to this song. it's all i wanted to do all weekend.

Addicting is the correct choice of words - this song is great.

I hope it doesn't wear out, but then again, I don't think it really will.

Dj Consequence
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM
yeah that's most certainly a china cymbal...

placidium
04-29-2006, 10:10 AM
its not incredible... it just rocks your ass off...

Volrath
04-29-2006, 11:03 AM
ze parteh track, or so they say. I like it, a lot.

BlindVisionary
04-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I'd say it's one of the weaker songs on the album...

Just my opinion of course...

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-29-2006, 12:45 PM
I'd say it's one of the weaker songs on the album...

Just my opinion of course...

Cool, always can respect a person who concludes with "just my opinion of course"... I do however think it's one of the strongest songs on the album (there are alot of strong songs on it). There is very much meaning in this song, and it's a really great way to get it across. I'm pretty sure they intended it that way too - this will be a huge hit in my opinion, and will probably bring Tool to a wider audience, which is a very good thing. Also love Adam's solo on this song, it's one of the better moments on the record, for me at least. Reminds me of Purple Haze a little bit - very "trippy". It is a little too reminiscent of 46&2 at points, but that's also them at their heaviest which alot of people will like. As you can tell I'm not a person who wants to keep Tool to themselves, does that matter anymore anyway lol? Society can use this, believe me it can...

ultraviolent
05-15-2006, 06:25 AM
First I skipped the song because of the "slow" intro, searching for another vicarious like song... but after listening with headphones and reaching the 4.30 timemark, the need for MORE volume, MORE bass, MORE... FUCKING M O R E OF THIS SONG grew exponential ... this is what I love while listening to Tool songs, you'll find diamonds everywhere if you take time to search/look for them.
So glad that there are bands like Tool on this planet, can't wait to see them live