PDA

View Full Version : read the january newsletter again :)

knot0fvipers
04-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Obviously they didnt do some magickal working that spelled out things about the new album, just their way of giving out information.
I no longer believe this is a bsides album, i think part of the problem is that the rip doesnt let the tracks flow togather as nicely as they will on the cd.
They give away alot of information in there about the new album. First single V or P.

"on what date in the US will tools live DVD be released?"

click on the ouija board pointer :)
see that image lately?

Goldfoot
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
What am I looking for? I don't see anything new.

knot0fvipers
04-23-2006, 08:36 AM
http://www.vbcam.net/kov/tooleye.jpg

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 01:18 PM
think that's special read the old 2004 december newsletter.

very revealing.

Parabolee
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
think that's special read the old 2004 december newsletter.

very revealing.

Well I just reread it and it's still mess of cryptic nonesense to me!

Sometimes I love the smoke and mirrors of Tool and Blair's newsletters and sometime it just makes my head spin and I get bored.

This is one of those times.

Any chance you feel like pointing out what you felt was revealing?

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
ok, i'll point out some, but yeah, i figured out what things like nautilus, xian are about by using wikipedia open in another window. - lots of this didn't lead me anywhere helpful though.

start off by reading the end: secrets about the newsletter, it explains how there is a mystery for investigators to check out, and that the band will have the last laugh.

"But more importantly, perhaps, in light of certain things, it's his way of having the last laugh on the intelligence community and all the rest of us detectives and astute observers who will attempt to solve the mystery. "

"3) Playing by Camella's rules, Adam guessed what his Yuletide present was and thus un-wrapped the box containing the anniversary edition Minimoog Voyager several days before his other gifts."

i think this part is hinting about downloading leaks is like opening bday presents early, they hint at this and how people will suffer for it in other newsletters.

right, now look up captain nemo in wikipedia.

"Nemo is a mysterious figure without a past and without a clear interest in the present either. His only occupation is to roam the depths of the sea in his submarine, the Nautilus. In Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea he repeatedly states that the world on the surface, and even humanity in general has ceased to interest him and that therefore human rules do not apply to him any longer."

here i think they are using nemo as the hoax album and mjks nautilus as a song perhaps. who knows. seems relevant to me.

"had possibly uncovered an ingenious, yet sinister plot hatched in the very bowels of Wal-Mart itself. It might have been years in the making, conceived as far back as theOpiate or Undertow days. Checkout clerk (another coded reference?)... Checkout, you betcha'... an X-ian secret weapon. Weapon of mASS destruction. "She almost looks like a real Playmate of the Year candidate doesn't she, Joe?" Right down to all those "curvaceous qualifications." "

this is obviously talking about the leak, they mention xian mischeif in other later newsletters...

(in the augu 05 newsletter blair describes entering the recording studio and the confidentiality agreement then says: "All of which leads me to wonder... who left the door unlocked? ENTER...but pay no attention to those black candles burning between goats horns... nor to the offertory bowl filled with crimson-colored Jelly Bellys (?) These things are for the "puffers" (i.e. magically unsophisticated or those susceptible to Xian propaganda) among you, as are those waxen images and clay poppets... even said compact with conventional Latin contractions spelled backwards. "

the unlocked door was also found during the april fools post about the single.

the rest of the august newsletter talks about secret burgers and how "adam and danny's favourite burger isn't even on the menu"

they also mention Vicarious here:

"With the story over, and Firefly secret burgers duly impressing all those newbies biting into the beef patty, bleu cheese and bacon for the first time (and hey, for those of you who want a vicarious thrill, let's not forget those fries, even though, like all fries, they don't travel well), while waiting for Joe's assistant to return with the piece of equipment, we all watched a film entitled "Bullet-Proof Monk.""

not sure how convincing/ridiculous these interpretations seem in this post to you guys, but reading the newsletters again in series starts to make sense to me. have wiki open and read them all slowly.

mike09
04-23-2006, 02:45 PM
ok, i'll point out some, but yeah, i figured out what things like nautilus, xian are about by using wikipedia open in another window. - lots of this didn't lead me anywhere helpful though.

start off by reading the end: secrets about the newsletter, it explains how there is a mystery for investigators to check out, and that the band will have the last laugh.

"But more importantly, perhaps, in light of certain things, it's his way of having the last laugh on the intelligence community and all the rest of us detectives and astute observers who will attempt to solve the mystery. "

"3) Playing by Camella's rules, Adam guessed what his Yuletide present was and thus un-wrapped the box containing the anniversary edition Minimoog Voyager several days before his other gifts."

i think this part is hinting about downloading leaks is like opening bday presents early, they hint at this and how people will suffer for it in other newsletters.

right, now look up captain nemo in wikipedia.

"Nemo is a mysterious figure without a past and without a clear interest in the present either. His only occupation is to roam the depths of the sea in his submarine, the Nautilus. In Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea he repeatedly states that the world on the surface, and even humanity in general has ceased to interest him and that therefore human rules do not apply to him any longer."

here i think they are using nemo as the hoax album and mjks nautilus as a song perhaps. who knows. seems relevant to me.

"had possibly uncovered an ingenious, yet sinister plot hatched in the very bowels of Wal-Mart itself. It might have been years in the making, conceived as far back as theOpiate or Undertow days. Checkout clerk (another coded reference?)... Checkout, you betcha'... an X-ian secret weapon. Weapon of mASS destruction. "She almost looks like a real Playmate of the Year candidate doesn't she, Joe?" Right down to all those "curvaceous qualifications." "

this is obviously talking about the leak, they mention xian mischeif in other later newsletters...

(in the augu 05 newsletter blair describes entering the recording studio and the confidentiality agreement then says: "All of which leads me to wonder... who left the door unlocked? ENTER...but pay no attention to those black candles burning between goats horns... nor to the offertory bowl filled with crimson-colored Jelly Bellys (?) These things are for the "puffers" (i.e. magically unsophisticated or those susceptible to Xian propaganda) among you, as are those waxen images and clay poppets... even said compact with conventional Latin contractions spelled backwards. "

the unlocked door was also found during the april fools post about the single.

the rest of the august newsletter talks about secret burgers and how "adam and danny's favourite burger isn't even on the menu"

they also mention Vicarious here:

"With the story over, and Firefly secret burgers duly impressing all those newbies biting into the beef patty, bleu cheese and bacon for the first time (and hey, for those of you who want a vicarious thrill, let's not forget those fries, even though, like all fries, they don't travel well), while waiting for Joe's assistant to return with the piece of equipment, we all watched a film entitled "Bullet-Proof Monk.""

not sure how convincing/ridiculous these interpretations seem in this post to you guys, but reading the newsletters again in series starts to make sense to me. have wiki open and read them all slowly.

Good finds! This is really going to fuel the specualtions some more. Did you find any other things like that in the newsletters?

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
yes, lots more, open wiki, open third eye, and read them all from dec 04 or so, also check out the post in the news page on the jam and the jelly babys, describing LK as the epic piece. also hints at the joke song the pot.

that_canuck
04-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I think in answer to the question "when will the live dvd be released?" the pointer gives us the date 12 06, as the pointer covers up 345 and circles the "o" in the window, a result pointed at by blair earlier in the letter as "only this time the message was obtained using both the 'window' of the planchette and what it pointed at." So consider december 06 (a pre-chrstmas dvd release?). However it also looks like the pointer indicates 5 as the first number on it's way down....this could be taken as 5.12.06---dec 5 or may 12? or perhaps foolishness?

mike09
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
yes, lots more, open wiki, open third eye, and read them all from dec 04 or so, also check out the post in the news page on the jam and the jelly babys, describing LK as the epic piece. also hints at the joke song the pot.

i cant seem to get the old news for toolband.com whats up with that?

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah thats right, all of a sudden they got rid of the 'past news' button. it was there a couple of days ago....

*plays x files music*

knot0fvipers
04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
yeah thats right, all of a sudden they got rid of the 'past news' button. it was there a couple of days ago....

*plays x files music*

google cache:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:3zV6t0K3OAsJ:www.toolband.com/news/main.php%3FshowNews%3Dpast+fake+site:toolband.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

Zuricko
04-23-2006, 09:27 PM
This, more than anything, has given me the most hope that what has been downloaded by so many people is not what we will be getting (or, at least, not ALL of what we will be getting) on May 2. Thank you VERY much for picking apart the newsletter.