PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stoned and it's use of older ideas... who cares?

champion
04-23-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't see why people are knocking the song for having similarities and familiar ideas. I don't care if something sounds similar, it sounds good. Too much comparison, just enjoy the song, I love this track!

dancingflame
04-23-2006, 07:52 AM
it is fake. it is a b-side. tool are selling out. tool are copying themselves. this album is not good = poor statements!
i agree with you...though these self-referencies are a real mind-fuck (in a positive way)

champion
04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
I just don't get it. This album has so many different feels and approaches; it's not really like any of the other album, but it does make sense that familiarities will pop up. Rosetta Stoned is obviously not the exact same song as anything, and I don't think re-using ideas is bad, as long as you're using them in new ways than before. So what's the big deal? It's catchy as hell.

burning bridges
04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
People hate change.

placidium
04-23-2006, 08:01 AM
i only hear a similarity between the one riff and Third Eye, but it's only similar. the notes are different, the drumming and vocals are different, the whole approach is different. this is one of my favorite songs, no doubt. the climax makes me tense.

hbynoe
04-23-2006, 08:52 AM
i agree people go on and on about
regurgitation..if i remember fucking correctly isn't
it tool that comes up with all thier work..i mean
what is wrong with putting something old with something
new and mixing it..have i gone insane to think that
artists can do that?

Yard Man
04-23-2006, 09:07 AM
People bitch because all of Tools other albums are very stand alone. You can listen to Lateralus and not hear Aenima or vice versa, but when you pop in 10,000 days you get reminder after reminder of old albums (lateralus especailly) but I honestly love it. The only part of this album I am dissapointed in is The Pot's intro... what the fuck man?