PDA

View Full Version : The art of noise

Paladin
03-24-2003, 12:54 PM
im not sure where else this would go...so ill put it here, this is a device i made, well, a collection of devices;
http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=024628PM.jpg

shown in the pic is 'down on the farm death' a circuit bent fisher price keyboard (circuit bending is taking an existing device and well...short circuiting it in ways in which it produces unheard of sounds and messes with the existing sounds.). 'Down on the...' has a knob for pitch shift, a switch for either pitch shift up or down, a normaly closed switch for quick tapping of pitch shifted and normal, and a knob for increased fuzz/distortion. The gray little speaker thingy is actualy a sesame street answering machine ripped out of its case and put into a thing my friend snagged from school called 'echo' (ironicaly, it doesnt do any echo, just amplification), so i named it the 'Sesame Echoplex', it has 2 body contacts for distortion (the two blue screws) the harder you push down on them the more distortion, and it randomly says answering machine messages, holding down the soldered areas of the switches decreases the pitch. All of this is built into a sitcase with speakers and a system to route the speakers to the differnt devices, depending on what tone i want. not shown in the pic is my newly aquired 'drum machine/keyboard' i added three body contacts to it, in differn't combinations they make differnt sequences of noise, the harder you press the lower the pitch, or if a differnt body contact the lower. and a knob to effect the drum speed/pitch... all in all, i just wanted to show it off....so yea, there it is, im working on making it into a somewhat analog modular synth type set up, with patchbays and what not, so i can route the instruments and mix effects and such...

plexus
03-24-2003, 04:52 PM
dude... thats fucking awesome... victor frankenstein would cower at your creation....is it possible for you to make an mp3 of what that monster sounds like?.... seriously... that looks fucking sweet... id love to hear it... i have a zoom 606 too.... i hate that thing...

Paladin
03-24-2003, 05:13 PM
the zoom is amazing, one of the best pedals...compact, and has some amazing effects, damn you.

plexus
03-24-2003, 05:48 PM
good for what it is? yes
amazing? no way

its godd for fucking 60 bucks.... but the distortion sucks... too transistory... sounds like fake ass with a side of smelly carrots... id much rather have a digitech GNX3.... but whatever i get after it, its gonna have to have an expression pedal

Paladin
03-24-2003, 06:28 PM
so, anyone wanna hear some mp3's of my beast?

psilomind
03-24-2003, 06:30 PM
You got the crappy Zoom pedal though... At the Sam Ash by me they had the good GFX-708 and BFX-708 pedals for like 100 bucks. A very, very good deal if you ask me.

plexus
03-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by plexus
is it possible for you to make an mp3 of what that monster sounds like?.... seriously... that looks fucking sweet... id love to hear it

i agree with plexus' FIRST post......about the mp3s

Paladin
03-24-2003, 07:06 PM
yeah, good call, im looking for someplace i could upload the mp3's to

seraph
03-24-2003, 07:30 PM
yeah Paladin...so when u goin to start doing custom-made stuff +=)

http://www.3mspedals.com/
here are some great "noise" pedals

Tripp Eisen from Static-X uses a Zoom 505 on stage...i think to record too...not too bad at all

try and get that stuff uploaded Paladin...then you'll know if u have buyers heheh

plexus
03-24-2003, 07:36 PM
damn folks... i never said the damn thing was bad... i just said that i hate it... personally... the think overheated enough to fuck up the solder on the input connection... i had to fix that shit... i hate that pedal

Paladin
03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
mine too, but i can fix that no problem...ill get those mp3'2 up, and sure...i could do somecustom work, why not.

Paladin
03-31-2003, 02:31 PM
http://ruin.8m.com/mp3.html
Here it is, a sample of the suitcase, im only using one of the devices... but thats what it relitivley sounds like...a crazy distorted and mutalated toy...

plexus
03-31-2003, 07:17 PM
dude.... that is seriously fucking awesome... the best parts was from 0:58-1:02...that was awesome and that sound from 1:34-1:36... you should make an mp3 that really shows what kind of wariation this thing has.... that really is awesome

Paladin
04-02-2003, 05:51 PM
i thrive on replys. come on, plexus means alot, but more is much better, tell me it sucks...please, but with more criticism...Aidj!

plexus
04-03-2003, 03:25 PM
dude i would fucking kill for something that badass to play around with... i could plug it into my PA and play it with my drummer.... that would be awesome... shit... is it hard to make? i do have some experience with that type of thing... i made a pre-amp a long time ago... think you could give some tips?

Paladin
04-03-2003, 06:11 PM
i could, i could. its fairly easy...not on here tho...cant let the cat out of the bag, its already down the river.

IC
04-11-2003, 08:00 AM
oww...whats funny is that It looks so loud that it hurts my brain