PDA

View Full Version : Tool - posessed?

Conan_McMurtrie
03-24-2003, 12:05 PM
I just wrote this to Toolband-suck.com (I know, I really, I really should think about getting one a those lifes they talk about). Check it out, you might find it amusing. I'll keep you updated on any replies.

Hi,

I'm a 16 year old from Savannah, Georgia and I am (or at least, was) a fan of Tool. After reading the contents of your webpage, I have become aware that some of the experiences I have had while listening to Tool's music were very unnatural and in hindsight, extremely disturbing. I am grateful that you set up a website so that I could realize the extent to which Tool were controlling my mind. I'm just happy I came to my senses in time before I did anything dangerous or violent. I hope the following report will help to further your work in revealing what this group is actually subjecting its listeners to.

At first, it was almost unrecognizable. I would be listening (usually in my room with headphones, in the dark) and I would go into states where the music seemed to be all I could focus on, as if my senses had been constricted to it. This, at first, I attributed to just being the effect of listening to music I highly enjoyed. But then some things (which at the time, strangely, seemed perfectly natural) of a bizarre nature started occurring. I would suddenly snap out of a trance, and realize that I had been listening (particularly, to the album Lateralus) for periods of between 5 and 45 minutes without knowing where I had been or what I had been doing(I would usually be aware of myself for the first 15-30 minutes of listening). Strangely, I would snap out as soon as the CD stopped. I was, of course, still wearing my headphones every time. Once, I actually came to it with both my hands plunged in the bathroom sink, with boiling hot water running over my hands. I had blisters everywhere, but had been unaware of the burning sensation during the trance. Another time, it was around 3 in the morning (I was taking to sleeping later and later, so I could listen to my CDs knowing that nobody would disturb me)I awoke standing in front of my parents bedroom, stark naked. I had written something on a piece of white paper that I couldn't read, as if it was in some strange language. My usual state of mind after trancing out, I can only describe as one of sexual anger.

While all this was going on, I was aware that something not quite right was wrong with me, but it was as if another side to my character that I had no control over was developing. I was becoming distant from my family. It was as if they were becoming strangers. Especially after listening to Tool, they seemed like different people, as if I didn't know them. I started to wonder why I was living with these strangers, why they had the right of authority over me. They started to talk to me about this because they noticed I was behaving worryingly, but this just made me angrier and more recluse. Then, the scariest experience of my life happened, during a period when my trances had become an almost daily ritual.

As usual, at around twelve a clock at night, I gathered my CDs together and went upstairs to the attic, removed my clothes and proceeded to play Tool's Lateralus album (I now believe this album in particular to have had a strong hold of my mind). Since the lights, as usual, were off, I could see a bright full moon shinning through the attic window. After about 15 minutes, I was surprised to see that there seemed to be a strange radiance in the room, as if things were shifting and molding. The moon outside seemed to be growing, as if it was coming towards me. I was paralyzed with fear, but my body would not respond to my senses. Then, a voice that I hadn't heard before seemed to be talking rhythmically over the songs. It grew louder and louder. The language seemed foreign, but after a while the words became indistinguishable: "over the moon and her secret, Saturn's blood will be spilt. Over an alter of vengeance, of the Prince you shall become". Over and over again, these words were repeating, until they became gurgling screams, drowning out all the music. I was weeping with fear, but a strange sensation had started to take over me, a feeling that some power was in me, that I was invincible. The room around me had changed so that it was unrecognizable, and I felt that I was leaving my body. Then, thanks be to God, it all stopped and again it was just me, sitting in the attic, in silence. A long time must have passed, because the moon could no longer be seen from my position. I could not sleep for the rest of the night. I have never listened to any of my Tool CDs since, and never will, and have had no relapses of the trances ever since. I sometimes get a strong urge to put them on, strangely enough, if I cannot sleep during the night, but I have always been able to resist the temptation.

I am very happy to see that I am not alone in this, and that there are others working for people to recognize Tool's offence. I have reported all this before to their website, but have received nothing but a patronizing shrug as a reply. I hope my reporting all this to you will make a difference and will help to uncover what this evil group is doing, for people's safety and well-being. Thank you so, so much for your help and guidance.

Yours,
Thomas Mustard

reedc33
03-24-2003, 12:15 PM
I don't see how anybody could find anything wrong with Thomas' experiences.

Savannah, Georgia?!...I can hear the accent....nice touch. I hope the name doesn't tip them off. Hilarious, overall...

Pro_Art
03-24-2003, 12:19 PM
I wonder what toolband-sucks.com thought of this. It
certainly won't change their extreme views, but I got
a good laugh out of it. It was well written, and thanks
for the laugh.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Conan_McMurtrie
03-25-2003, 02:55 AM
Well, the page said it would not respond to profane or aggressive emails (although I don't see how they can expect anything less than anger, or perhaps at least humour, at the stupidity of it), and only CREATIVE and SINCERE suggestions would be reviewed. So I got creative and took on the role of Thomas Mustard, the boy who became the victim of magick brainwashing by a pop group. I doubt they'll believe me but hey, if you can believe that a CD is capable of destroying childrens lives, then I say what the hell, why not?

Badg
03-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Okay, that's just sick. Would you guys mind and please stop throwing gas into the fire? =P

Conan_McMurtrie
03-25-2003, 07:22 AM
You think that's sick? At least its just a product of the imagination! I think removing people's rights to listen, read and generally follow their interests freely is sick. Alright, yes, two bads don't make a good, but I don't see anything necessarily that bad in what I wrote. If some morron is actually capable of believing that its true then, well, I'm afraid that's where the real 'sickness' lies. Actually, I'm quite proud of what I wrote! Have a sense of humour!

darknight
03-25-2003, 01:09 PM
is this toolband-suck.com actually a website ???

Paladin
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
if a band can succesfully place mesages hiddne in their music which can control people, they deserve to control those people, and they are genious'. People are always afraid of what they dont understand.

Badg
03-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Conan_McMurtrie
I think removing people's rights to listen, read and generally follow their interests freely is sick.

I agree.

Alright, yes, two bads don't make a good, but I don't see anything necessarily that bad in what I wrote. If some morron is actually capable of believing that its true then, well, I'm afraid that's where the real 'sickness' lies. Actually, I'm quite proud of what I wrote! Have a sense of humour!

The "bad" thing about your little practical joke is that the people that you sent it to might just take it seriously and use it as a tool(no pun intented :) of propaganda against the band. We don't want them to spread their anti-Tool propaganda too much, do we?

Conan_McMurtrie
03-27-2003, 12:25 AM
To be honest, I don't give a wholehearted shit if they spread anti-Tool propaganda, the Good News, or sesami seeds. They can say what they want, and the few who will believe them, well, can believe what they want. There will always be space for these kind of neurotic comformists in our society and that's the way it works. Actually, if that story ended being spread around, I would think it was the funniest thing that ever happened.