PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Jambi could be a single?

werkzeug
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Its long, but it seems radio friendly despite the length. What is the chance it is a single?

The Village Too
04-22-2006, 06:06 PM
ask the people in the jambi subforum; they'll know

werkzeug
04-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Its long, but it seems radio friendly despite the length. What is the chance it is a single?

CrownOfNegativity
04-22-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think so. "The Pot" will most likely be the next single.

slicknickshady
04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
it's down to 2 choices. Jambi or The Pot.

Alcawhorlick
04-22-2006, 07:01 PM

jambi and the pot are the only possibilities. I'd go with jambi.

Cruzer
04-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I think "Right in Two" is the most radio-friendly song on the album. Almost Staind-like.

hellboy1975
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Personally, I doubt Jambi would be a single. I think kthey'd have more success with Right in Two. I can't see anything but The Pot being the second single.

The/Perfect/Tool
04-22-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't think it will be a single.

hbynoe
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
i dont know if it stands a chance but i certainly think it is awesome
more conservative choices will be right in two...though i think it is
way to poppy for tool..if i had to choose second single it would be
rosetta..i know that souds crazy but the fucking song is like an aneurysm

DDathcha
04-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't think Jambi will be the next single, but maybe a third. I think the Pot would be the best candidate for the next single. But I don't know about the content and all of the song.

timstead
04-23-2006, 05:42 PM
i see your point, Jambi def. would seem the most radio-friendlyof them all~ it's actually quite tight, but i think if it was going to be a single it'd been the first one if at all. I think it's def. one of those touch backs to earlier days~ singles will be more of the new mold.. i know NO ONE thinks it'd happen, but i think lostkeys/rosetta could be something fucking amazing with the right video~ but my money and hopes on right in two at the moment. tho the last 20 sec.s of jambi are fuckin excellent
much love,
Timste~

slicknickshady
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
It's only 26 seconds longer then Vicarious. It's only 47 Seconds longer then The Pot.
We all have no clue though except it will be Jambi or The Pot.

Code of the Streets
04-23-2006, 06:22 PM
In my opinion, Jambi sounds the most like "classic tool" (whatever that means! lol)

Not that that's a good or bad thing, just that it might make it radio friendly.

Brason
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think it will be a single. If it is, it will probably be edited down a lot. Releasing one 7+ minute single is acceptable, but following it up with another won't fly in radio land. The anticipation wont be as great and it would get chopped. And losing even a second of Adam's talkbox is a second too much.

von satan
04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
my guess either jambi or the pot as next single...... my personal choice would be jambi though

Emericana
04-24-2006, 08:40 PM
i hope not. this song is too fucking amazing to be a single. i dont want it to get overplayed.

smeefsmeef
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
A lot of Tool songs require quite a bit of replay to fully appreciate the song. I don't mean this in a negative way. "Jambi" is one of those songs, in my opinion, The first few times I listened to the song, I didn't like it as much as the other songs on 10K Days. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I don't thinlk that the average radio listener has enough patience to "tolerate" Jambi until it becomes Amazing... if you know what I mean ... I don't know... the song is still (hopefully) growing on me. Especially the last part from 4:20 on.

macfreak
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Next single Jambi. MCould be right in two..both songs are just amazing.

abrack29
04-25-2006, 08:51 PM
According to the January newsletter, the (first?) two singles on the album are "v or p," meaning Vicarious and The Pot.

Natalie Portman
04-25-2006, 11:02 PM
The Pot pisses me off. I feel the need to bitch about it in every thread I can.

Jambi would make a great single, but then I would never listen to it again (I have a habit of not listening to the radio songs anymore) so that would suck for me. Right in Two, as mentioned previously, would also be a good choice. Fuck it, I say go with Rosetta. That would fly on radio.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-26-2006, 05:20 AM
Rosetta would be good but at 11 minutes there is no way in hell ever. Yeah with the right video though - welll can you imagine the video for Jambi??

Ok so Aenema had 4 singles (Aenema, H, 46&2, and Stinkfist right?) And Lateralus had 3 (Schism, Lateralus, and Parabola)... I'm guessing 3 for 10000 Days. There does seem to be a trend of them making the title track a single also. Though I don't think that would be appropriate with this one, because it's so personal.

I do however think they would be STUPID not to make The Pot a single. It seems to be one of those songs you either love or you hate. But if you come to accept it, the coolest thing about it is that it's so different and new sounding. Anyway, it's a song that will attract alot of new fans I think. And that could be mostly a good thing. At first I thought the song was awful, but it's one of my favorites now. A truly rocking song. And I'm 99% sure it will be a single.

So that pretty much leaves Jambi, and Right in Two. I don't really think they could go wrong either way. And can you imagine a video for either of these songs?

smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 02:18 PM
I agree with A Tad Bit Catatonic, regarding "The Pot." I think it's a very catchy song that will introduce a lot of newcommers to the bliss of the Tool experience...

I thought Tool was O.K. at first... and then I heard "Stinkfist." I thought that song was awesome... I saw them live at Lollapalooza (I felt reborn) and bought all of their albums... After that, I was hooked...

Now I listen to 10,000 Days so much that it's probably unhealthy. I'm obsessed.

toocooltool
04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Could be..

Mark-Star
04-27-2006, 06:25 AM
A lot of Tool songs require quite a bit of replay to fully appreciate the song. I don't mean this in a negative way. "Jambi" is one of those songs, in my opinion, The first few times I listened to the song, I didn't like it as much as the other songs on 10K Days. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I don't thinlk that the average radio listener has enough patience to "tolerate" Jambi until it becomes Amazing... if you know what I mean ... I don't know... the song is still (hopefully) growing on me. Especially the last part from 4:20 on.

thats the way tool is...it grows on ya

teleincision
04-27-2006, 07:24 AM
it's down to 2 choices. Jambi or The Pot.

exactly my decision too...

Mooseifer
04-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Was there even a 1st single? I don't remember seeing Vicarious released anywhere.

evil agent
04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Vicarious was definitely the first single. It doesn't necessarily have to be 'released', as in for sale, but it gets tons of radioplay and there is a video being made for it right now.

Jambi could definitely be a single too, IMO.

TheHolyGift
04-28-2006, 04:32 PM
The next single will be the Pot. Read the Obelisong. It's in there.