PDA

View Full Version : this song

cscottj
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
this song made me cry. during that meshugga breakdown. I love this band.

hbynoe
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
:)

slicknickshady
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Great Song.

layersbeyondimagination
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
am i the only one who feels this song is completely bland? i hate the opening especially.

eulogist
04-22-2006, 08:21 PM
i agree, maybe not bland, but i don't really like the openin and the lyrics are mediocre but i do like the middle and right before the jam section is really really sweet

joeshabadoo
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
the "meshuggah breakdown" that the threadstarter referred to would be the most linear and tame breakdown Meshuggah ever wrote. It sounds more like a Sevendust breakdown, and not a very good one at that (I assume he's talking about the breakdown that leads into the very bland talkbox solo). That section of the song and the song in general are sub par. The best parts are the echoy bass parts from Justin in some of the verses and then the bass line at the end that gets doubled by the guitar (the only point in the song where the guitar part isn't anchored on that one freaking note!)

not a fan of this track at all. sorry. but there's still good shit on this record

Mortal Moxie
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM
the "meshuggah breakdown" that the threadstarter referred to would be the most linear and tame breakdown Meshuggah ever wrote. It sounds more like a Sevendust breakdown, and not a very good one at that (I assume he's talking about the breakdown that leads into the very bland talkbox solo). That section of the song and the song in general are sub par. The best parts are the echoy bass parts from Justin in some of the verses and then the bass line at the end that gets doubled by the guitar (the only point in the song where the guitar part isn't anchored on that one freaking note!)

not a fan of this track at all. sorry. but there's still good shit on this record

Go listen to SevenDust.

Boozy Eulogist
04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Go listen to SevenDust.

That's as powerful as "You're not coming to my birthday!". Glad you were able to make such a strong point.

Ancalagon
04-23-2006, 11:08 AM
This song is strange to me, because it begins fairly badly, I don't like the "Meshuggah breakdown," parsay, and I really don't like the "If I could, then I would wish this all away" part. It just sounds awkward and forced. But after that the song just gets brilliant. "Shine ON forever, shine on benevolent sun/son!"

Scratch
04-23-2006, 02:11 PM
at first it seemed bland, but it has really grown on me