PDA

View Full Version : I never realized

fidget970
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I finally had a chance to listen to the entire album. 10,000 days is probably the one Ive listened to over and over again. The first time I heard the song I realized it was a sad song but I didnt know the story until I found the lyrics for the song. Now the song has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Now I cant make it through the song without losing it. And now it hits me even harder When I think about the song Judith by APC combined with this song. I never realized that song was about his mother.

"it's not like you killed someone.
it's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side.
praise the one who left you broken down and paralyzed
he did it all for you."

There is such a transition from that song to 10,000 days. In Judith he cant understand why his mom would blindly paise someone that would allow and take so much away from her. All the suffering and pain she went through she still praised god. Now 10,000 days later in her own personal hell she has earned her wings. "fading all trials and tribulations , none of us have actually been there, not like you. I have heard so many people say that they hate this album and I cant understand why. Tool has matured so much over the years and this album they have opened up so much to us. Sorry there is no reference to anal sex in this one guys. This album by far is my favorite. And I invite everybody to look at the the Lyrics to Judith and then listen to 10,000 days again. The song become that much more powerful.