PDA

View Full Version : Woman's Voice?

Cemetery Shindig
04-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Blair pretty clearly stated that the only people performing on the TOOL album were the four members. Even if the doctor in Lost Keys is one of the guys, who is the woman? Clearly not a member of TOOL. Might be a minor point, maybe not. Dunno if speaking counts as performing, maybe I'm just arguing symantics.

Edit: Also, I don't necessarily support the hoax theories. I don't think it's a hoax, but releasing an unmixed/unfinished version of the album is somewhat plausible.

Edit Part Two: Where's that "hendrix-like" guitar stuff by Adam? The only thing I can think of is the solo on Jambi...but that's not very hendrix-like...

Cemetery Shindig
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM
45 views and not one comment? None of you find these things odd?

hawk1646
04-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Maynard had just finished his takes on the intro to "The Pot"...so he was warmed up and ready to go to portray this part.

In all seriousness though...maybe it's a clip from something (ala the older Bill Hicks clips)?

Cemetery Shindig
04-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Maynard had just finished his takes on the intro to "The Pot"...so he was warmed up and ready to go to portray this part.

In all seriousness though...maybe it's a clip from something (ala the older Bill Hicks clips)?

A clip or not, it's someone who's not in the band. What does the source of the audio have to do with anything? The person contributed to the CD whether they were in the studio that day or not.

hawk1646
04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe you're onto something man.
Keep digging.

04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Samples are not considerd "guest performers". In the same way that Bill Hicks is not listed as a "guest performer" on Aenima.

Cemetery Shindig
04-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Samples are not considerd "guest performers". In the same way that Bill Hicks is not listed as a "guest performer" on Aenima.

You already posted that thought in the other thread concerning the same thing...

04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
I did, yes.